Average age of Jordan Collector?

I've been wearing Jordans since I was about 5 (thanks mom) but I guess I became sneaker obssesed when I was 15 and I'm 19 now...

27. Collecting since '98. First pair of Jordans were the playoff 12s. First pair of Nikes were black/white Nike Solo Flights, the cheaper version of theMaestro.

<>

25 I was lucky enough to have had my family give me money for birthdays and christmas. My first pairs where in 92 the Bordeaux VII andthe Black/True Red. Stopped after the XII, and picked back up just recently.

turning 27...use to rock j's 4 ballin' like 13's, 14's & 6's retro infrareds. Just started buying jays about 2 yrs. ago w/ 4's marsblackmon but never 4 ballin because im the one who spends on may kicks today, unlike when i was a student.

im 14, been rockin for a while now, got 9 or 10 pairs. I wear them though which most people don't bt then i wouldnt have anything to wear

I don't even know why anyone would collect Jordans if they aren't old enough to have been infected with the whole thing when it happened.
That's like me collecting Keds or something...

just turned 26...first pair was the XI ie - blk/red...mom dukes, I owe you one!!

I've been collecting since 2004 when I was 14 because that's when my foot stopped growing. I'm 18 now and have somewhere between 75-100 pairs.

29 years old...mostly old stuff from late 90's early 2000's. pretty much retired from the game but like to read up once in awhile to see what'snew...

just because a kids 9 doesnt mean he cant get a job...
laugh.gif
STOP it.

I'm 22 and I really don't consider myself a "collector" ... I always liked shoes.. stemmed from loving basketball.

Originally Posted by bigdamp1

29--Not to knock any body else, but it seems like a common factor is that the younger "collectors" are more into quantity. I just buy the J's that take me back to '92 or '97 or whatever. I actually lived through and was a part of the 'real' Jordan era so I can pass on XIII or IX or XV retroes. I'm old enough to remember why i didn't like them when they first came out. I think its cool how the younger kids will actually have their shoes preserved for the future. Dont some of you old mufu's wish you were that smart 10-15-20 yrs ago? We wouldn't be spending like idiots on ebay

^^^ooooh this is so so true...I'm 30 so I have been there from beginning to end but I didn't really have an appreciation for his legacy until afterhe retired...I just remember hatn' hard on him back in the day like "damn, I'm so tired of the Bulls winning championships"...lol some of youkids have no idea about the history behind the shoes that some of you wear each and every day (not knocking, just stating facts). So, for me, its not aboutquantity...its about remenicing about when JB was ALL about quality and hope and pray the one day they return to that type of quality. After this year, itwill be all about finding the rare, ds, og J....I'm all "packed" out...

^^Nice post..... I'm 34 and I think the classic Js stopped at XIV........... Other than the XX3s (because they are a sick shoe) , I only try to stick toI-XIV....

28, Got my first pair in 92, when I was a kid. I started saving them in the box in 96, when I turned 16 and could affort to pay for them myself.

Collecting wasn't my hobby till the retros started comming in 99 and the VI dropped in 2000. That doesn't mean I don't have a few OG's sittlingin my closet. Everyone thought I was crazy for keeping my bred XI's in 96. I got made fun of for my "shinny shoes", I just laughed it off an keptgoing.

You guys are kids, I just hope that you get as much joy as I did, when I was your age, wearing J's.

43 pair and counting looking forward to the Hare VII's again, Those where my first.

I am not a collector, I am just an enthusiast.

21 with about 30 quality pairs ranging from the I's to the XII's.

I never watched jordan in his prime and do buy the shoes because of his legacy. I buy the shoes because they are the tightest looking shoes on the planet. The fact that the shoes are associated with a great man and history are just an added bonus to the shoes.

31 and have been collecting on and off since 1987. Starting collecting hard in 99.

I remember very vividly buying the AJ 1's in 1987, I just wish I never wore em and put them on ice.

Back
Top Bottom