Azealia Banks Vs. Iggy Azalea tension grows, Iggy Responds to Banks

Azaela Banks is actually very hypocritical here. Her music relies heavily on European and white edm/hipster sounds that she uses, and markets to THAT crowd...yet is all concerned about "The Culture" now.

It's this mindset that to be critically acclaimed to be seen as "Creative" in hip hop, you have to infuse some European EDM sounds or Rock and Roll or some other genres in order to "push the genre forward". That too can play a role in the music and culture getting appropriated because those sounds become heard more, and critically applauded etc etc, and that adds to this whole thing we have here today.

Azaela Banks strikes me as having a personal beef with iggy, and uses the convenient and obvious "cultural appropriation theme to promote herself. Especially since we are becoming more conscious of this.

Truth be told...Iggy made more traditional hip hop records than azaela banks before "fancy"...and they now essentially make the same damn music.

What we have here and in history and now trending in Hip Hop is essentially white privilege. Iggy benefits from that. Eminem, Mclemore, JT, Elvis etc etc.

Notice how we are so open to play "Fancy, "Royal" etc etc on Hip Hop stations...but I GUARANTEE you "Lifestyle" isn't getting played on those top 40 stations even though it's a top 20 record.

It's clear as day people.

Azaela Banks is actually very hypocritical here. Her music relies heavily on European and white edm/hipster sounds that she uses, and markets to THAT crowd...yet is all concerned about "The Culture" now.

It's this mindset that to be critically acclaimed to be seen as "Creative" in hip hop, you have to infuse some European EDM sounds or Rock and Roll or some other genres in order to "push the genre forward". That too can play a role in the music and culture getting appropriated because those sounds become heard more, and critically applauded etc etc, and that adds to this whole thing we have here today.

Azaela Banks strikes me as having a personal beef with iggy, and uses the convenient and obvious "cultural appropriation theme to promote herself. Especially since we are becoming more conscious of this.

Truth be told...Iggy made more traditional hip hop records than azaela banks before "fancy"...and they now essentially make the same damn music.

What we have here and in history and now trending in Hip Hop is essentially white privilege. Iggy benefits from that. Eminem, Mclemore, JT, Elvis etc etc.

Notice how we are so open to play "Fancy, "Royal" etc etc on Hip Hop stations...but I GUARANTEE you "Lifestyle" isn't getting played on those top 40 stations even though it's a top 20 record.

It's clear as day people.
We? What black dude do you know owns a ACTUAL major radio station?

So what you are trying to say is she can't talk about Iggy using black culture for money because she uses white culture for money?

Lol can you post a song that is considered white sounding from her? I just want to hear what sound musically people think white people created

Just glancing through this beef it does seem like banks is salty that iggy is popular and she isnt as much and trying to hide behind this culture appropriation. Where was all this hate when eminem was winning grammys for rapping? (Referencing macklemore)

What's the countdown clock looking like on the Iggy tape that Anonymous was supposed to put out?

What's the countdown clock looking like on the Iggy tape that Anonymous was supposed to put out?
Fasho past 48 hours
So what you are trying to say is she can't talk about Iggy using black culture for money because she uses white culture for money?

Lol can you post a song that is considered white sounding from her? I just want to hear what sound musically people think white people created
Folk & country music?
nerd.gif

Just glancing through this beef it does seem like banks is salty that iggy is popular and she isnt as much and trying to hide behind this culture appropriation. Where was all this hate when eminem was winning grammys for rapping? (Referencing macklemore)

You are asking why we accepted Eminem and not Macklemore ..

You are asking why we are ok with a Eminem album winning Rap Album of the Year but not ok with Macklemore winning Rap Album of the Year ..

-sighs :lol: we don't have a problem with white people in hip hop when it's authentic (i.e. that new rapper Logic), we have a problem with white people PRETENDING.

For example, Macklemore exploited us .. won his grammys .. and what is he doing now after he made all that money off of our culture?

What did Eminem do when he won Grammys? Open a record label, sign black artists, sign underground rappers, CONTRIBUTE to our culture

There is a difference

"HipHop is a artistic and socio-political movement/culture that sprang from the disparate ghettos of NY in the early 70's Coming off the heels of the CIVIL RIGHTS MOVEMENT and approaching the end of the Vietnam war it was a crossroads 4 America specially for blacks in the US our neighborhoods were PROLIFERATED w/a rush of HEROINE."

"Our school systems here in NY dungeon traps with light for learning… blk men some of whom didn't return from tours of duty n the ones who did came w/war baggage (agent orange, addiction, ect..)… these men had families but due to these events and throw into the mix the public emasculation… they proved to be handicapped parents. The surrogate parents? The STREETS… the streets of gangs, crimes, and the hustlers coddled us and swept us up."

"But! Being a spirited, rhythmic & expressive people music art dance outlined our existence… it proved a way for us to exhault to scream to dance to laugh and find OUR VOICE… we weren't at the time skilled musicians as kids. We had records, turntables, ideas and INGENUITY being natural chemist we took from whatever was availed to us and we created something mighty and special."

"We cut breakbeats back n forth we took a hybrid of Jamaican toasting along w/ radio jock rap( hank Spann, Gary Byrd, ect.) and we put our rap down.. it was a neighborhood thing really. Black and Latino Kids were carving out their space and it became infectious… eventually Keith Cowboy coined the phrase hiphop . Yrs later the first rap record was recorded and now we r moving."

"But during these strides this country still had the monster of racism and racial insensitivity breathing and ruling… believe it or not young black n Latino lives specifically weren't acknowledged in mainstream American culture unless Of course.. the convo was abt gangs , being criminals or uneducated. And hey! Like I stated early our families were rushed our schools sucked and we were left to put devices to survive… but HIPHOP showed that we had DEPTH, fire, and BRILLANCE… the music was undeniable! It moved from NY N became national and even GLOBAL."

Hiphop now was FOR EVERYBODY!! All of those who cld relate to the roots, the spirit, the history, the energy.. It reached YOU… it touched your spirit n took u up. We magnetized you! That's what BRILLANCE does… now u are fulfilling your dreams … BUT! you have to take into account the HISTORY as you move underneath the banner of hiphop. As I said before… hiphop is fun it's vile it's dance it's traditional it's light hearted but 1 thing it can never detach itself from is being a SOCIO-Political movement."

"U may ask why … Well once you are born black your existence I believe is joined with socio-political epitaph and philos based on the tangled and treacherous history SLAVERY alone this is the case it never leaves our conversation… Ever. WeAther in our universities our dinner tables our studios or jail cells… the effects still resononates with us. It hurts… We get emotional and angry and melancholy… did u know president Clinton was the ONLY PRESIDENT to apologize for it? did u know that remnants of slavery exist today thru white privilege? When certain "niceties" r extended your way because of how u look? Isn't that crazy?"

"I say this 2 say u are a hiphop artist who has the right 2 express herself however she wishes… this is not a chastisement this is not admonishment at ALL this is just one artist reaching to another hoping to spark insight into the field you r in. I say this in the spirit of a hopeful healthy dialogue that maybe one day we can continue… I've been on twitter a long time and this will probably be my last series of tweets pretty much but I'm Kool with it as long as I got to share this w u. Zzzzzzz's up! Peace!"

Q-Tip :pimp:

I never said either of those things. Stop looking for what I was "trying" to say...and look at what I said. I just said she was being hypocritical. You can have a great point...while also being hypocritical.

If you can't see the EDM and European dance club influences in her music...then idk what to tell you.

You are asking why we accepted Eminem and not Macklemore ..

You are asking why we are ok with a Eminem album winning Rap Album of the Year but not ok with Macklemore winning Rap Album of the Year ..

-sighs :lol: we don't have a problem with white people in hip hop when it's authentic (i.e. that new rapper Logic), we have a problem with white people PRETENDING.

For example, Macklemore exploited us .. won his grammys .. and what is he doing now after he made all that money off of our culture?

What did Eminem do when he won Grammys? Open a record label, sign black artists, sign underground rappers, CONTRIBUTE to our culture

There is a difference

Logic's black

Well it's how you define it. I personally think of black as a color, not necessarily in your DNA. Regardless, his dad's black though.

Your Old Droog is white however and looks more ethnic than Logic.

Logic's black

Well it's how you define it. I personally think of black as a color, not necessarily in your DNA. Regardless, his dad's black though.

Your Old Droog is white however and looks more ethnic than Logic.
Hes mixed, but could pass as a white guy.

Iggy don't even like the people that created hip hop...chick was tweeting wild reckless about blacks and Latinos but yet you're down with this culture? Nahhh

A lot of people think Macklemore is over rated and wasn't deserving of his award but at least he's been down with hip hop culture ....you can't knock him for that

Ya'll dudes rly believed fam had that?

That tape was "rumored" to be shopped around a couple months ago. If anybody had that they would've cashed out on Vivid already, you know how much money that ***** worth.

Q-Tip was lame for that history lesson

What did he expect to accomplish doing that? Did you read it, I sure as hell didn't.

Mind you a few months ago dude was talking bout how Migos got bars and defending them all on twitter .

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom