Bad Boy's R&B or a R&B Song's "Bad Boy Remix" > Your Label's...

^The hell?
indifferent.gif

majority of the production on badboy records and remixes�were handled by the hitmen (stevie j, d-dot, nashiem myrick, carlos broady, chucklife, etc). as explaine dby d-dot: "puffy doesnt actually make beats. he doesnt sit on the drum machine or play any instruments so we went into it saying to ourselves, "whatever we can do to assist him with his label, if he wants to co-produce a song with us, no problem," and thats really how it went with that situation".

as far as r&b records from badboy goes, here's my contribution:

majority of the production on badboy records and remixes�were handled by the hitmen (stevie j, d-dot, nashiem myrick, carlos broady, chucklife, etc). as explaine dby d-dot: "puffy doesnt actually make beats. he doesnt sit on the drum machine or play any instruments so we went into it saying to ourselves, "whatever we can do to assist him with his label, if he wants to co-produce a song with us, no problem," and thats really how it went with that situation".

as far as r&b records from badboy goes, here's my contribution:

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by cartune

I mean when the label's CEO is a talented producer you kinda got an advantage tho
he's not a producer though...
it was ghost production
He's not a technical producer. Meaning he doesn't really get busy on the equiptment. He produces by ear, in terms of the arrangement of the track, the vocals etc.

I would say the co production credit is deserved. He ultimately has a lot to do with how a record is put together.

So he kind of is a producer.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by cartune

I mean when the label's CEO is a talented producer you kinda got an advantage tho
he's not a producer though...
it was ghost production
He's not a technical producer. Meaning he doesn't really get busy on the equiptment. He produces by ear, in terms of the arrangement of the track, the vocals etc.

I would say the co production credit is deserved. He ultimately has a lot to do with how a record is put together.

So he kind of is a producer.

^that's easy to imagine

But you know he was stealing credits to perpetuate something a lot of people still believe

^that's easy to imagine

But you know he was stealing credits to perpetuate something a lot of people still believe

I don't know that he's "stealing" credits if he's listed as a co-producer along with whoever's pushing the buttons.

But it's Puff, so I am quite sure there is a quite a bit of "I'm puttin' my name on this, I'm puttin' you on, so I'm takin' like 70% and you should be very happy with your 30% and keep it movin'" type +$+@.

People gon' believe what they believe. It's no secret he's not a "producer" in the traditional sense. He's more of a record "maker" than "producer" per say.

But he's so hands on and responsible for the finished product, he does deserve a share of the record and you get that by either being the producer or a writer.

I don't know that he's "stealing" credits if he's listed as a co-producer along with whoever's pushing the buttons.

But it's Puff, so I am quite sure there is a quite a bit of "I'm puttin' my name on this, I'm puttin' you on, so I'm takin' like 70% and you should be very happy with your 30% and keep it movin'" type +$+@.

People gon' believe what they believe. It's no secret he's not a "producer" in the traditional sense. He's more of a record "maker" than "producer" per say.

But he's so hands on and responsible for the finished product, he does deserve a share of the record and you get that by either being the producer or a writer.

In any other genre Diddy would be consider a producer. A lot producers dont really make the beat they produce by arranging and having an ear for whats going to be appealing. Thats how I've always thought Diddy got down. and act like Diddy's background wasnt in producing acts like Jodeci and Mary J. I cant see Diddy playing chords but he obviously is the common denominator behind those hits. Word to JD and So So Def being a close second to Bad Boy in remixes. Not to derail the thread tho

Back
Top Bottom