Basketball Rule Question - Saving the ball from going out of bounds

It's your ball.

People who whine annoy me like hell, spending more time arguing than playing is simply stupid.
If they whine that much to get the ball, I'll just give it to them...No excuses for them to lose in the end.

i actually have been seeing this a lot in nba games recently. i didn't know you could do it.

now i'm flashing back to all these pick-up games where they called out out of bounds on my team.
mad.gif

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

Originally Posted by FilthyRich

if i read this right
you are inbounds

defender is out of bounds

you while inbounds throw the ball at the out of bounds defender

to me that = you turned over the ball. 

the point of throwing the ball at a defender is to make them the last player inbounds to touch the ball.

in this situation it sounds like you were the last inbounds player to touch the ball. 
And you are wrong.
QFT

It is your ball.
He is established out of bounds, and he is still in play unless he's on the bench.

I have a question.
Does anyone know the new traveling rule?
It's 3 steps now?
Do we have to dribble before taking the steps, or was it the same as the 2 steps, which is as long as you're in the motion of shooting, it doesn't matter?

Originally Posted by Jonathanchingy

It is your ball.
He is established out of bounds, and he is still in play unless he's on the bench.

I have a question.
Does anyone know the new traveling rule?
It's 3 steps now?
Do we have to dribble before taking the steps, or was it the same as the 2 steps, which is as long as you're in the motion of shooting, it doesn't matter?
The rule "change" is more about catching the ball and coming to a stop. Think a dribble hand off which you see all the time. Technically, to be fundamentally correct you would have to be coming into your triple threat jump stop and already airborne prior to receiving the ball and then you get your 2 feet landing no travel. But fundamentals have fallen so far in US basketball that guys always go into the jump stop into thriple threat move after recieving the ball, which prior to this year would be a travel although it was rarely enforced. Now they just changed the rule so you don't have to be so crisp with your timing anymore.

This is a very extreme example of what I'm talking about, since Dwyane Wade's inability to establish a pivot foot and properly jab turns what would be 3  into like 6.

My house, my rules. You threw it off my face, but I'm so hard headed it went right back off you.
pimp.gif

Now log off NT and continue our game.

Check ball.

nah i looked it up and i stand incorrected
Fixed.

Its OP's ball for the same reason any player is ruled out who is about to catch/touch the ball coming from out of bounds without having established being inbounds yet...because said player is out of bounds.  You sir, are wrong.

okay so I got a question.dude is standing out of bounds after a timeout or whatever to inbound the ball.He throws it off of a player of the other team it bounces off his head and hits the guy that was inbounding it while he is still out of bounds whos ball?

Originally Posted by CarolCitysFinest

okay so I got a question.dude is standing out of bounds after a timeout or whatever to inbound the ball.He throws it off of a player of the other team it bounces off his head and hits the guy that was inbounding it while he is still out of bounds whos ball?

Out on the last player it touched who is out of bounds i.e. the inbounder i.e. the idiot who watched the ball hit off the player he intentionally threw at and them let himself get hit with it while still standing out of bounds

Originally Posted by The Dauqs

Originally Posted by dreClark

Situations like this, cause for a punting of the ball to get your point across.

Or just take the ball and check it up.

"GO GET THAT %%+% THEN"
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
 I be  out there lookin like Ray Guy when dudes  try to cheat... 5 second hang time 50 yard net...

Originally Posted by OctobersFinest

Originally Posted by CarolCitysFinest

Out on the last player it touched who is out of bounds i.e. the inbounder i.e. the idiot who watched the ball hit off the player he intentionally threw at and them let himself get hit with it while still standing out of bounds

Ok thanks .I seen this happen at my nephews game.the inbounder didnt actually try to hit him.The defender had his back turned and was following his man and ran in front of him,caught him in the back of the head and then hit the inbounder in the leg.
roll.gif
The ref stood there for a second and then just let them inbound it again but it was 10-12 year olds playing,the ref was prob a parent or somthing.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Word. I'd give them the "yeah ok" face, and proceed to check that **@% up top.

I be hitting n's with the "c'mon", like they have the audacity.
laugh.gif

My-T.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

The Dauqs wrote:

dreClark wrote:

"GO GET THAT %%+% THEN"
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
 I be  out there lookin like Ray Guy when dudes  try to cheat... 5 second hang time 50 yard net...

Too much
roll.gif

if i read this right
you are inbounds

defender is out of bounds

you while inbounds throw the ball at the out of bounds defender

to me that = you turned over the ball. 

the point of throwing the ball at a defender is to make them the last player inbounds to touch the ball.

in this situation it sounds like you were the last inbounds player to touch the ball. 
this dude said it with confidence too.
roll.gif
you should be permabanned from S&T forum

this happened the other night. rudy fernandez drove to the hoop and landed out of bounces, the jazz players were fumbling the ball and it hit rudy while he was laying down on the ground. jazz ball.

Back
Top Bottom