batman/Bruce wayne vs Iron man/ tony stark

Not blind, just on the side of iron man.

Didn't bane let him live though? And throw him into that prison so he could suffer? Bane could have killed him if he chose to. But he didn't.

Batman doesn't use guns, which is how Punisher killed marvel. And batman doesn't kill, which would be the only way to cease iron mans existence and win.

I just can't side with bats.

I too want to go to the comic store, it's been awhile :lol:

Bane caught Batman after Batman spent days recapturing every villain that Bane let escape from Arkham. He was mentally and physically exhausted, and that's how Bane won. Bane actually beat Batman in a battle of strategy, which he was able to do because he wasn't on Batman's radar yet at all. He was completely knew to him.

And please, don't act like Bruce couldn't whip something up given a day. Like dude said above, even with Extremis, Stark still had weaknesses that could be exploited, and probably easier for Bruce to exploit anyways. I'm not gonna sit here and tell you all the ways that Batman could exploit his weaknesses because I'm not batman, nor the writers, so I probably couldn't come up with something clever enough. Batman had the power to take out the best of the best in the Justice League. Don't tell me he couldn't smoke Tony Stark given the prep time. I CONCEDE the fact that if he's caught by surprise (like with Bane) he'll get his *** whooped, but if you set a time for a duel Stark will get wrecked. That's it. Done. Over.

But you bring me back to my point. If you have to remove Iron man's suit(which is what makes him iron man) in order to make the fight fair, then you already know who the true winner is.

Tony later went on to perfect his combat training after that. But in a suit, all that fight training doesn't matter.
Then he took Rhody's suit back because he didn't believe he was doing a good job.
With iron mans suits power, versus batmans human ability, he doesn't really need to assess he just needs to shoot,
What? Shark repellant? :lol:
Tony was a business man, genius, fighter, and everything else without the suit. :lol: don't even try that.

My final statement to you, which I've said three or four times already; If you have to take Iron Man's powers away from him, and give batman prep time in order to win the fight. You already know who the true winner is.
Man you have made ironman legendary
Like I said batman heart and analysis over suit/pill poppin/alcoholic hothead any day
You have made ironman the equivalent to wolverineand juggernautl... Didnt know ironman was made of adamantiam
Edit: and that captain America jab is needed because he " trained" tony stark.... Sorry but captain America by far is the worst superhero ever known to man, hell I would take nighthawk and ant man over him lol

Dog iron man could fly 50 feet in the air and drop bombs all over the arena :lol:

So is batman the only hero people want to give extra time to? In these threads about batman he seems like the only person on the planet that makes use of additional time and is able to solve any problem he'll face. I'm sure he has a strategy to protect himself from an attack even when he's taking a dump.

dudes would rather believe batman winning because of some prep time and finding some weakness

over ironman who can fly has lasers and missiles

is dis real life

Yall talkin about suits and ish actin like bruce wayne isnt gonna be prepared.

View media item 353685

We've already covered this twice Papi. Ill explain it again :lol:

No suit, made by either a billionaire, genius, or even given by start can ever compare to Tony's suits.

Obidiah Stane/Iron Monger lost to a prototype suit.

Norman Osborne/Iron Patriot stole Tony's tech, but he couldn't make a repulsor strong enough.

Rhodes was given a suit by tony, and tony made sure it could be taken down if you knew how.

We've already covered this twice Papi. Ill explain it again
laugh.gif

No suit, made by either a billionaire, genius, or even given by start can ever compare to Tony's suits.

Norman Osborne/Iron Patriot stole Tony's tech, but he couldn't make a repulsor strong enough.

Rhodes was given a suit by tony, and tony made sure it could be taken down if you knew how.
EMP bomb will do the trick.

dudes would rather believe batman winning because of some prep time and finding some weakness

over ironman who can fly has lasers and missiles

is dis real life

I'm not even a big comic book dude. But just judging off the arguments made by both sides in this thread... Ironman wins, unless...

They get on some PPV steez were Golden Boy and Top Rank get involved. And it's on a set date that gives Batman 4 months to prepare :lol:

We've already covered this twice Papi. Ill explain it again :lol:

EMP bomb will do the trick.

Even though I said this many times, you still haven't gotten it :lol:

Iron Man made all his suits past the Mark VII have a strong defense against energy attacks like EMPs.

Cap isn't exactly superhuman.

All of his abilities are at the pinnacle of human potential.

Which is why he would be the perfect opponent for Bats.

Last edited:
Even though I said this many times, you still haven't gotten it
laugh.gif

Iron Man made all his suits past the Mark VII have a strong defense against energy attacks like EMPs.
laugh.gif

Come on, I thought you woulda picked up on the sarcasm!
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Naw, batman vs anyone just becomes a debate about what his opponent must be stripped of in order for him to fight, and of course "prep time"

Sir Charles, I don't understand how you find it fitting to juxtapose Nolan's version of Batman, which is very grounded in reality, with the fantastical versions of Iron Man found in the comics. It's completely illogical, and as far as the debate is concerned, "unfair."

Of course, I expected something like this to happen. After all, we are comparing wildly different world's when we debate DC vs. Marvel. Still I find it rather egregious that a supposed comic buff would debate using evidence from contrasting sources: movies vs. comics.

The fact is, the titular and early DC characters are very much grounded in familiar reality, even with their Superpowers. That's what makes them all so relatable to readers. They all have these extraordinary powers and abilities, and yet they still possess a fragility that makes them human--makes them NOT invincible. This is self-evident in Nolan's Batman trilogy, and appears to be the case in the upcoming Man of Steel.

My earlier post was argued based of these observances. I compared and contrasted Bruce/Bat's to Tony/I.M based on their on screen realities; based on their most sensible realities, as it relates to our own, and not on the farfetched, fantastical, paradigms we are so often witness to in contemporary comic story-lines, which is your (Sir Charles) primary source evidence. If you are going to harangue us about what Tony Stark/Iron Man is capable of then you have to be open to what Bruce Wayne and Batman are also capable of. It's not a one way street, and your opinion is not the end-all-be-all on the matter.

Now a really ridiculous criticism by some of you T.S/I.M supporters is that it's silly to make arguments that take into consideration the separation of Tony Starks from the Iron Man shell. Why is that a silly argument? Why shouldn't that possibility be accounted for in a debate that explores the relative strengths and weaknesses of the two subjects, in their entirety? Y'all Iron Man fanboys are not even being realistic with yourselves. Y'all want to harp on Tony's/Iron Man's strengths but don't even want to consider his biggest weakness? Com'on Son!!!

Tony Stark's biggest advantage in this duel is his Iron Man shell, but it's also his biggest weakness--FACT!!!

As previously mentioned, in my earlier post, without his Iron Man shell, he's DONE. And as for Extremis--how convenient. That whole arc is evidence of the aforementioned point. It was developed to patch up that very significant loose end which served as a reminder of Tony Stark's greatest vulnerability: that without his Iron Man shell, and the Superhuman powers if affords him, he's about as pathetic as any other "regular" human in the Marvel universe. And the icing on the cake--the fact that Extremis was not even a Tony Stark invention; in other words, let's entertain the possibility that, in a reality where Bruce Wayne's and Tony Stark's worlds coalesce, Maya Hansen, in exchange for a blank check for her cancer research, gives billionaire playboy Bruce Wayne all the info and data as well as live samples of the Extremis virus. What now?

Tony Stark is weak. Bruce Wayne is not. Tony Stark develops different iterations of his Iron Man shell because no one shell is absolute, either. Each has it's faults and limitations, that's why he's had to create so many different types over the years. Bruce Wayne, on the hand, and relatively, has kept it simple. Why? Because his strength is NOT dependent on his Batman shell. Even if he is deprived of his Bat suit, he remains just as dangerous. Tony Stark loses his Iron Man shell, and he's nothing.

Here we have two cases where one hero is dependent on his suit/shell and the other is not. The former hero's abilities and effectiveness are directly dictated by the shell he chooses to "wear" that day; the same is not true for the latter hero, whose abilities and effectiveness remain the same even if he's wearing a pajamas. I don't know about you, but if I had to go with one, I'd go with the guy whose strengths are innate, and not extrinsic and coupled to some specific shell which may not even be the right "equipment" for the job given any number of circumstances...:lol:. What's that saying, "it's the man that makes the suit and not the other way around"...:lol:

Ohh and I'll just leave this here...

View media item 353822

Obviously, Bruce Wayne can make fancy suits too.

I'll check back tomorrow to see what other exaggerations y'all have come up with...:lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom