batman/Bruce wayne vs Iron man/ tony stark

I mean, don't we all assume Captain America can't shoot laser beams out of his eyes like Superman? It's not his power. Yes, Stark is a genius, but his genius is more of an inventing ilk, not strategy. If you want strategy in the Marvel Universe, you go to Captain America, Cyclops, or Deadpool. I'd say Deadpool is closest to Batman but that's not the debate. Point being, we assume Tony wouldn't or can't because....he can't. That's what differentiates the two of them.

This man knows. People aren't understanding that prep time given to both parties batman will come up on top. That's basically his power.

this thread sounding like a kanye vs jay kinda thing lol
laugh.gif

but on the real batmayne> ironman
pimp.gif

batman would cheat to win on some using magic and summon all the alternate batmans etc plus you guys use that iron man has guns excuse when superman can stop nukes and still get stomped out by batman

Yall need to kill all this prep time talk like it's the end all be all key thing in this fight. Where was the prep time when Batman got his back broke? Where was the prep time when Joker killed Robin? Where was it when the court of owls laid siege to Gotham and psychologically tortured him? Where was it when the clone of his son was killing his son? There seems to never be prep time when Joker shows up every time just guess work under the guise of him being a detective

He was locked up in a box at the bottom of a pool on the roof of his own building as his former lover and her terrorist minions were ******g up Gotham as she also used children to do it.

Lets not act like Batman doesn't have the clear and apparent weaknesses in this fight. Batman can get caught slipping, he's been overconfident and arrogant it's just in his own I know I'm right way, and most importantly Batman can always run out of time.

Don't mind me I'm still a bit appalled at DC being the more grounded universe compared to Marvel when it's Tony that's been more human character wise.
So basically you don't like that the character you favor isn't given an advantage?

I thought the idea of these questions was for the two entities to meet on a level field with their base abilities.

How is it fair if one character is given a head start?
Like I have said multiple times nobody wants to point out the weaknesses of ironman
I can list multiple batmans weaknesses and I still feel batman could when In a fair one
I see both sides of arguementsand I give batman the small advantage because of his heart and willingness not to lose... Even if he is just a mere mortal(ironman is a walking battery that still is a mere mortal) but the arguements in here are so skewed towards ironman because truthfully and I respect this pov, he could just be shot end of game
But dudes don't see how many suits ironman has had
Dudes acting like Jarvis or his suit can't be hacked
Dudes act like ironman can't be hurt because he is steel
Come on every superhero has a exploit but somehow ironman is stronger then magneto,Phoenix,wolverine,onslaught,juggernaut, by these arguements I have seen
In the end people are going to view there character higher then the other that is just human nature and how debates go....
From the jump this was not a fair comparison. Iron Man/Tony Stark has multiple advantages over Batman/Bruce Wayne in a fight. It was never fair before ppl brought up each characters accomplishments to make it look like it was close. That's why you have arguments going to extremes.

I think OP just took some similarities between the two guys and pitted them against each other.

Yes Iron Man has weaknesses, he can be hacked but that's only against genius enemies that prepare a long time to do it, if he has the wrong suit at the wrong time he could lose, he can be hurt but not by someone on the level of Batman unless you're saying Bruce is aiming to kill which we all know isn't the case.
^ ok, and we'll just assume tony wouldn't or can't.... Perfect

I mean, don't we all assume Captain America can't shoot laser beams out of his eyes like Superman? It's not his power. Yes, Stark is a genius, but his genius is more of an inventing ilk, not strategy. If you want strategy in the Marvel Universe, you go to Captain America, Cyclops, or Deadpool. I'd say Deadpool is closest to Batman but that's not the debate. Point being, we assume Tony wouldn't or can't because....he can't. That's what differentiates the two of them.
Deadpool? :lol: You don't compare Wade to Batman. Wade is insane, that's why any of his strategies succeed because he's literally unpredictable but lets not act like Deadpool is ever the go to guy when it comes to strategy in Marvel. He gets called in when somebody is desperate and needs a plan that's sure to win but it aint like he's shown in that light consistently. Deadpool is in a category by himself.

Cap gets praised but really doesn't show and prove. All his strategy in the past major events have sucked balls. He's more leader than strategist or at least that's how he's been written the past decade. More times than not his softness, morals, and principles get in the way of w/e goal he originally had unless it's a do or die situation.

The ultimate strategist is Nick Fury (not the black one) bar none.

Yall need to kill all this prep time talk like it's the end all be all key thing in this fight. Where was the prep time when Batman got his back broke? Where was the prep time when Joker killed Robin? Where was it when the court of owls laid siege to Gotham and psychologically tortured him? Where was it when the clone of his son was killing his son? There seems to never be prep time when Joker shows up every time just guess work under the guise of him being a detective

He was locked up in a box at the bottom of a pool on the roof of his own building as his former lover and her terrorist minions were ******g up Gotham as she also used children to do it.

Lets not act like Batman doesn't have the clear and apparent weaknesses in this fight. Batman can get caught slipping, he's been overconfident and arrogant it's just in his own I know I'm right way, and most importantly Batman can always run out of time.

Don't mind me I'm still a bit appalled at DC being the more grounded universe compared to Marvel when it's Tony that's been more human character wise.
From the jump this was not a fair comparison. Iron Man/Tony Stark has multiple advantages over Batman/Bruce Wayne in a fight. It was never fair before ppl brought up each characters accomplishments to make it look like it was close. That's why you have arguments going to extremes.

I think OP just took some similarities between the two guys and pitted them against each other.

Yes Iron Man has weaknesses, he can be hacked but that's only against genius enemies that prepare a long time to do it, if he has the wrong suit at the wrong time he could lose, he can be hurt but not by someone on the level of Batman unless you're saying Bruce is aiming to kill which we all know isn't the case.
Deadpool? :lol: You don't compare Wade to Batman. Wade is insane, that's why any of his strategies succeed because he's literally unpredictable but lets not act like Deadpool is ever the go to guy when it comes to strategy in Marvel. He gets called in when somebody is desperate and needs a plan that's sure to win but it aint like he's shown in that light consistently. Deadpool is in a category by himself.

Cap gets praised but really doesn't show and prove. All his strategy in the past major events have sucked balls. He's more leader than strategist or at least that's how he's been written the past decade. More times than not his softness, morals, and principles get in the way of w/e goal he originally had unless it's a do or die situation.

My bad about not mentioning Fury, his name definitely deserved to be in my post. Agree about Deadpool being insane, but how is he not a dope strategist when you said yourself you go to him when you want to win. He's still in the category. Again, a different debate.

And hey, that's why I SPLIT my conclusion into when he as time to prep and when he doesn't have time to prep. How can you say that's NOT valid? Just as Supe has beaten him before, he has beaten Supe. Which really negates any "Ironman is so strong blah blah blah" talk. If Batman can exploit the weaknesses of basically the entire Justice League--many of whom are definitively stronger than Ironman--then how can you say he can't/won't exploit the weaknesses in someone like Ironman, where they are pretty much wide known and apparent.

And to the statement I put in bold--are you serious? You think Batman can't do that? Okay. And he just magically can't be hurt by Batman if he has the wrong suit on? Because Batman wouldn't have calculated all of the weaknesses of all of his suits and come up with strategies for each? Okay. You're SEVERELY underestimating Bats to the point of disrespect. Be real, son.

Meh bruce has enough tech to bring tonys armors down in seconds.

At the end of the day anyone who really knows comics know Batman would beat most heroes in comics period. Hes batman. Hes the detective. The ultimate strategist. He will more then likely always find a way to win anyone who thinks different honestly doesn't know batman.

Its not to say batman is unbeatable he's lost plenty of times but to say batman wouldn't beat Tony is absurd.

And bats isn't even in my top 3 heroes he's barley number 5 :lol:

Last edited:
Like I have said multiple times nobody wants to point out the weaknesses of ironman
I can list multiple batmans weaknesses and I still feel batman could when In a fair one

As far as weaknesses, all I have heard was if you take off his suit he is a goner. What's the point of man vs batman? That defeats the purpose.

I see both sides of arguementsand I give batman the small advantage because of his heart and willingness not to lose... Even if he is just a mere mortal(ironman is a walking battery that still is a mere mortal) but the arguements in here are so skewed towards ironman because truthfully and I respect this pov, he could just be shot end of game

I think I'm going to stand by the shoot, boom end game argument here. Tony has no problem with killing his enemies, so I could see this being over soon.

But dudes don't see how many suits ironman has had
Dudes acting like Jarvis or his suit can't be hacked

If we are talking about the movies, three. One was to escape Afghanistan, the next was to improve on the technology, the third was the perfection. If we talk about the comics, a large portion of Tony's suits were made for specific enemies, and possible enemies in the future.

In the comics, Jarvis has been hacked as well. He was then shut down.

[/Quote]Dudes act like ironman can't be hurt because he is steel[/quote]

But he isn't made of steel, he is made of very dense and durable metals. If we continue to run on the movies, he is bullet proof, has a high defense against explosives, and physical attacks. Of course Batman could hit him, but would it really do something? He could use the weapons in his utility belt as well, but does that give him the advantage?

I'm sticking by Repulsors, machine guns, and missiles >> physical combat.

Come on every superhero has a exploit but somehow ironman is stronger then magneto,Phoenix,wolverine,onslaught,juggernaut, by these arguements I have seen
In the end people are going to view there character higher then the other that is just human nature and how debates go....

I agree here. No side is going to give up, and this thread is going to go in circles, as it already is.

I'll side with iron man, and you with batman. Maybe one day we will see a result.

My bad about not mentioning Fury, his name definitely deserved to be in my post. Agree about Deadpool being insane, but how is he not a dope strategist when you said yourself you go to him when you want to win. He's still in the category. Again, a different debate.

And hey, that's why I SPLIT my conclusion into when he as time to prep and when he doesn't have time to prep. How can you say that's NOT valid? Just as Supe has beaten him before, he has beaten Supe. Which really negates any "Ironman is so strong blah blah blah" talk. If Batman can exploit the weaknesses of basically the entire Justice League--many of whom are definitively stronger than Ironman--then how can you say he can't/won't exploit the weaknesses in someone like Ironman, where they are pretty much wide known and apparent.

And to the statement I put in bold--are you serious? You think Batman can't do that? Okay. And he just magically can't be hurt by Batman if he has the wrong suit on? Because Batman wouldn't have calculated all of the weaknesses of all of his suits and come up with strategies for each? Okay. You're SEVERELY underestimating Bats to the point of disrespect. Be real, son.
First please stop mentioning Superman. Everybody keeps doing it like it means something. They'll bring up Frank Miller's Batman who curb stomped Supes who is nothing like the main version Batman and these other times where the main Bats has beat him but they all ignore a key thing, ANYONE can momentarily beat the crap out of Superman if they have kryptonite. ANYONE. It can be a ring, dust, gun, etc. don't matter and if Superman was written competent the truth of the matter kryptonite wouldn't matter as much but he isn't so as it is he'll lose to anyone with it. So pics of Superman weak after a nuclear blast getting kicked around by an old Bruce in a suit is meaningless. Same goes for the rest of the JL. They have these golden age lame generic weaknesses. Want to beat Martian Manhunter who at times is lauded as only 2nd to Superman in power? Get a match or liter or rub two sticks together. Want to beat GL who is a space cop that can create any object with his imagination? Shake his confidence and/or make him afraid. Break Flash's legs or make it so he can't stop running, and Wonder Woman would be the only one that'd take some effort in coming up with a creative way in beating her but for Iron Man that wouldn't be hard given how he neutralized the Hulk and momentarily beat Magneto. Any genius character in comics could figure out a way to beat the JL the way Batman has. I didn't mention Aquaman but c'mon lets be serious. I think it was something like make water (his strength) a weakness somehow like make it poisonous once he breathes it but really you could throw him in the fire with J'onnz and he'd be done too.

As for me bringing up Iron Man's weaknesses. I'm not saying Batman couldn't hack in to Tony's tech or w/e. If you read my first and 2nd posts in here I basically say that and then go in to detail in how in the end that wouldn't be the end of it anyway but let Bats waste time finding weaknesses to the hundreds of IM suits while Tony is busy building new ones from scratch :lol:

Not downplaying Deadpool just don't think he belongs in a convo of strategists cuz he's a different beast entirely.
Bane beat batman and left him to die. Bane > ironman by y'all's logic too?
:lol: I'd pay money to see Bane shatter his knee trying to break Tony in the Iron Man armor

Last edited:
First please stop mentioning Superman. Everybody keeps doing it like it means something. They'll bring up Frank Miller's Batman who curb stomped Supes who is nothing like the main version Batman and these other times where the main Bats has beat him but they all ignore a key thing, ANYONE can momentarily beat the crap out of Superman if they have kryptonite. ANYONE. It can be a ring, dust, gun, etc. don't matter and if Superman was written competent the truth of the matter kryptonite wouldn't matter as much but he isn't so as it is he'll lose to anyone with it. So pics of Superman weak after a nuclear blast getting kicked around by an old Bruce in a suit is meaningless. Same goes for the rest of the JL. They have these golden age lame generic weaknesses. Want to beat Martian Manhunter who at times is lauded as only 2nd to Superman in power? Get a match or liter or rub two sticks together. Want to beat GL who is a space cop that can create any object with his imagination? Shake his confidence and/or make him afraid. Break Flash's legs or make it so he can't stop running, and Wonder Woman would be the only one that'd take some effort in coming up with a creative way in beating her but for Iron Man that wouldn't be hard given how he neutralized the Hulk and momentarily beat Magneto. Any genius character in comics could figure out a way to beat the JL the way Batman has. I didn't mention Aquaman but c'mon lets be serious. I think it was something like make water (his strength) a weakness somehow like make it poisonous once he breathes it but really you could throw him in the fire with J'onnz and he'd be done too.

As for me bringing up Iron Man's weaknesses. I'm not saying Batman couldn't hack in to Tony's tech or w/e. If you read my first and 2nd posts in here I basically say that and then go in to detail in how in the end that wouldn't be the end of it anyway but let Bats waste time finding weaknesses to the hundreds of IM suits while Tony is busy building new ones from scratch :lol:

Not downplaying Deadpool just don't think he belongs in a convo of strategists cuz he's a different beast entirely.
:lol: I'd pay money to see Bane shatter his knee trying to break Tony in the Iron Man armor

So you're saying Tony Stark could easily replicate the Tower of Babel? Really? BE REAL. I don't NEED to mention Superman, he's just the quintessential god-like strength character, and many people were speaking on Iron Man's strength, weaponry, etc.

And please don't front like being able to BREAK the Flash's legs or shaking GL is such an easy feat. If they were all that easy to beat then how aren't they dead yet/why are there still comics being made about them? Give me a break bro. Batman's strategies managed to incapacitate ALL of the above. There are many evil geniuses and the JL is still there, so cmon man.

Am I the only one that feels the reason Batman can beat anyone in DC is because he is HUMAN.
I feel the writers have to exert the fact that this human (and DC's moneymaker) is the fact that he's human which in turn makes people relate to him in some MINOR form when they read Batman comics.
I find it absurd that with "prep time" Batman can beat anyone.....like really?

I guess each person's choice would be the character they prefer and what side they choose DC/Marvel.

^
Well him being human is what makes him stand out. They like to play the card of him being human among heroes / gods but he's more dangerous than all of them. He's more edgy than the other DC people and gets right close to the line but never crosses it.

Last edited:
Am I the only one that feels the reason Batman can beat anyone in DC is because he is HUMAN.
I feel the writers have to exert the fact that this human (and DC's moneymaker) is the fact that he's human which in turn makes people relate to him in some MINOR form when they read Batman comics.
I find it absurd that with "prep time" Batman can beat anyone.....like really?

I guess each person's choice would be the character they prefer and what side they choose DC/Marvel.
That's what it really comes down to, put Batman in the Marvel universe and it's a whole different nature given how their superheroes are handled.

So you're saying Tony Stark could easily replicate the Tower of Babel? Really? BE REAL. I don't NEED to mention Superman, he's just the quintessential god-like strength character, and many people were speaking on Iron Man's strength, weaponry, etc.

And please don't front like being able to BREAK the Flash's legs or shaking GL is such an easy feat. If they were all that easy to beat then how aren't they dead yet/why are there still comics being made about them? Give me a break bro. Batman's strategies managed to incapacitate ALL of the above. There are many evil geniuses and the JL is still there, so cmon man.
Damn you know nothing about Tony Stark do you? Yes he could easily do that, just as easily as Batman did it but the thing is he wouldn't even waste time cooking up individual death traps. He'd just do what he did in Civil War and create tech that simply negates all forms of super powered ppl (not counting magic) cuz that's EXACTLY what he did when he created SPIN tech and started imprisoning superheroes.

Nothing is special or impressive about TOB. The whole sell of it is that its Batman who preps for everything that created ways to defeat his own teammates. Charles Xavier did the same damn thing in the X-Men back during Onslaught. FTR, I'm sure Nick Fury and Reed Richards could also easily do what Batman did in TOB and Fury wouldn't even need similar motivation.

Yes for a evil genius it is easy to do but they usually only get one shot. Prometheus was beating the entire JL cuz he was a super genius. The reason they aren't dead yet is cuz these characters make money. So they're not going to be killed off permanently. THAT'S WHY. Main point being a writer isn't going to write a story where he has some super genius super villain kill off the JL and keep them dead but if you want a good enough reference you can look at Earth 2 where Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman were all killed in a simple fashion during the Apokolips war and are probably going to stay dead for a long time.

So yeah, c'mon man.

Last edited:
for all of superman's strengths, why does he always end up getting close to physically weaker opponents who can then use kryptonite against him..

FOR EXAMPLE, we know he has laser eyes or how about the superhuman breath.. why not use those things from a safe distance away

just never understood whenever that would come up

for all of superman's strengths, why does he always end up getting close to physically weaker opponents who can then use kryptonite against him..

FOR EXAMPLE, we know he has laser eyes or how about the superhuman breath.. why not use those things from a safe distance away

just never understood whenever that would come up

An example? Supes always kept his distance from Metallo after their first encounter. He doesn't jump in to go punch for punch with him. Metallo only really comes close to Supes when he blind side shim or disguises himself. Keep in mind that Kryptonite is suppose to be a rare rock, it isn't in his every enemies possession, so for the most part, he would not expect his enemies to have it. Even his arch nemesis Lex doesn't have a kryptonite bullet with him 24 hours a day.

Cuz writing Superman more competently every time would be writing him as he truly is, GOD level. That's why it's laughable when ppl keep talking about Batman or anybody like that on his level beating him.

It'd at least be more interesting if he did something creative that involved red sun energy and lead or something else.

Cuz writing Superman more competently every time would be writing him as he truly is, GOD level. That's why it's laughable when ppl keep talking about Batman or anybody like that on his level beating him.

It'd at least be more interesting if he did something creative that involved red sun energy and lead or something else.

They have done that, they've also done other things like in most of people example of Batman beating Superman in DKR, Supes wasn't 100% and Bats got help. In Hush, you see Supes about to kill Bats when he was hypnotized by Ivy and Supes completely negates Bats Kryptonite ring.

There are always interesting writing out there but there are also a lot of crappy ones, sadly these types of arguments has to be based on feats performed in the books to be valid.

talking strictly movie wise.

put bruce wayne in tony stark's situation in the middle east.  Bruce wouldn't have made it out alive.  Yeah he'll get out the cave with ease, but then with dudes strapped with 50 cals and ARs shooting at the only cave entrance in broad daylight.  Throw all the smoke grenades you want, he getting lit up.

and put tony stark in gotham city.  He coulda stopped scarecrow and liam neilson before breaking prisoners out of arkham, stopped the joker, saved harvey dent and rachael both (if they ever even get captured), and still would have time for shawarma with his buddies.

put bruce wayne in tony stark's situation in the middle east.  Bruce wouldn't have made it out alive.  Yeah he'll get out the cave with ease, but then with dudes strapped with 50 cals and ARs shooting at the only cave entrance in broad daylight.  Throw all the smoke grenades you want, he getting lit up.

and put tony stark in gotham city.  He coulda stopped scarecrow and liam neilson before breaking prisoners out of arkham, stopped the joker, saved harvey dent and rachael both (if they ever even get captured), and still would have time for shawarma with his buddies.

Terrible analogy. :lol:

Both films were written to protagonists ability. At the end fo the day, Tony Stark is in a power suit while Bats is in a modified bulletproof vest with gadgets. Obviously both will have restrictions in what they can do. Even their cities are different, Gotham is a filled with crimes where the cops were practically non-existent so that is what Bats had to deal with. IronMan had to deal with terrorist with high powered guns and other rich villains with robots.

If Bruce was trapped in the cave, no way he just out of the cave in daylight w/o care like he is bullet proof. :lol:

In Gotham, Ra's and Joker would surely change their plans if they knew who they were dealing with and keep in mind that Tony Starks identity is known to everyone so the Joker will easily kill/torture Potts, Happy, etc... just to see him suffer. see the trailer for IM3, Mandarin seems to be able to destroy Tonys home. End game is different too, Joker wants Bats to kill while IM already kills, so again different story and motivation for the villains there. Ra is a ghost and I doubt IM could easily find him, see how the whole SHIELD and Tony couldn't even find the tesseract in the Avengers?

These two can't exactly be just placed in each other shoe and say one will be better than the other, in the movies you got to make it exciting and if IM can kill Ra and Joke in the opening sequence, who the hell would watch that?

There's plenty wrong with the recent Batman trilogy as far as Bruce Wayne goes. If we were going strictly off that Bruce would die. He isn't a genius, isn't much of a detective, and is not a strategist. Dude is just a rich guy with an obsession, mission, and very strong will.

Hard to get in to Gotham going from a cesspool to almost crime free by the last movie all because of what Batman did which is just plain dumb.

You put Tony in Gotham and he'd just move :lol: Gotham would either have legally put him in charge to make the city better or he'd just link up with the gov't. He'd have problems with Ra's and Talia's organization with how deep they were in but that about it. Joker would've been dealt with, granted mad ppl would've died.

Last edited:

Okay this by far is the worst post in this thread...smh

Back
Top Bottom