batman/Bruce wayne vs Iron man/ tony stark

In popularity yes, he is as popular as Superman, thats what comes along with 4 movies and a few video games; but what other top tier comic hero can Stark whoop on besides Batman?

Stark is smart, yes, but he isn't "strong" or "powerful". He isn't cosmic, or even a mutant for that matter. He's a genius. Thats it. He's super smart.

Smart enough to beat Batman...

I don't understand why its a problem that Ironman is getting popular. Sure, he was never the most popular character, but the dude wasn't a scrub. He has always be able to take on Batman. With his jump in character progression over the last few years, he can EASILY take batman out.

But why is that bad? I can name 10 heroes right now who can wipe the floor with Batman, who aren't even popular.

Batman and Superman have never truly OD'ed because they were over exaggerated from the start. Once Batman beat Superman, it was done. He was overrated.

Having the Extermis took Tony from a smart guy in a suit to metahuman to me.

Extremis literally gave him straight up superpowers.

Last edited:
Ehhh until the movies came out Tony Stark wasn't nearly as overpowered as he became after the movies.

Its like the movies came out and they had to give him powers to match his popularity in the comics.

Ive been a Iron Man fan for 20 years and he's still my guy but what he's become in the comics since the movies started isn't what made me a fan.

Tony has flaws, he drinks and chases women.

Since the movies have come out they have made him into a superhuman which isnt the spirit in which he was created.

A lot of you dudes dropping this read an Iron Man series probably weren't reading them 15 years ago.

Go look at how many times they've put superman on universe steroids.

50 years ago, Superman wasn't what he is now. Despite of how long you've been reading him.

They picked up batman over the years with movies as well. Just like Spiderman, HULK, etc. etc.

All Marvel characters have flaws, personalities, and things that make them unique or relatable. Thats what makes Marvel so great.

Even with the movies, he's not "super human" on a mutant level. He still depends on that suit to get the job done...

And 15 years ago, Ironman was just as cool as a 10 year old me as he is to the 25 year old me now. Comics are something you become a fan of as a child and then it grows into adulthood. You just don't wake up one day any know a lot about a character. A lot of us have been reading comics since we were children. 15 years ago, I was reading Silver Surfer, Ironman, Spiderman, etc. And these were comics much older than me. Ironman pages from the 60's and 70's that my dad still has to this day. (He's a huge Marvel/HULK fan. The reason why I'm into comics today)

A lot of us know comics because we just know them. Its a genuine hobby. Not something we picked up because a few characters got movies. :tongue:

Tony was basically the same guy for 40 years, those movies dropped and dude is damn near invincible now.

I can't think of any other hero whose powers jumped so dramatically.

They gradually kept adding stuff to Supes over the year. Batman within Canon has never really been ODed.

Them movies dropped and Tony is damn near Superman now.
This is not true. It's different for Supes and Bats cuz they're golden age characters though. In the beginning going for like 20 years Supes at times could only jump far like the Hulk not fly and Batman was not this prep time master that had endless gadgets in his belt plus he did kill villains and/or let them die. Silver age came around (60s) along with the comics code authority which the big two hated and Bats no longer killed and Supes got all of his god like powers until they had to scale them down when it got ridiculous. For Bats, it was after Frank Miller and Alan Moore changed comics (80s) and specifically Batman making him much more darker, cold and ruthless which led to all this prep time bs. Miller's non-canon story definitely changed how Batman was written in canon. For these characters this is over a span of going on 70 years.

So yeah all major comic characters will eventually get upgrades or sudden shifts in character. For the 40 years of Iron Man where you claim he didn't change which really isn't true he was always improving and upgrading by inventions and making tons of suits. This is a guy that spends his time in a suit he made and is in love with inventing new tech. It was really only a matter of time before he started interfacing with computers and becoming a bit more machine in certain ways. Ellis' Extremis is a great story that was a long time coming in regards to Tony Stark's entire continuity.

I didn't really react badly to the upgrade, it actually got me interested in IM comics for once albeit shortly. I'm reading Civil War and the suit is in his bones, he's looking more on par with Reed Richards, he's controlling the damn internet while running SHIELD, clever plans to temporarily beat the likes of the Sentry, etc. Made me at least respect Iron Man as a character but then CW made me dislike Tony Stark even more so lol.

Last edited:
Ehhh until the movies came out Tony Stark wasn't nearly as overpowered as he became after the movies.

Its like the movies came out and they had to give him powers to match his popularity in the comics.

Ive been a Iron Man fan for 20 years and he's still my guy but what he's become in the comics since the movies started isn't what made me a fan.

Tony has flaws, he drinks and chases women.

Since the movies have come out they have made him into a superhuman which isnt the spirit in which he was created.

A lot of you dudes dropping this read an Iron Man series probably weren't reading them 15 years ago.

Go look at how many times they've put superman on universe steroids.

50 years ago, Superman wasn't what he is now. Despite of how long you've been reading him.

They picked up batman over the years with movies as well. Just like Spiderman, HULK, etc. etc.

All Marvel characters have flaws, personalities, and things that make them unique or relatable. Thats what makes Marvel so great.

Even with the movies, he's not "super human" on a mutant level. He still depends on that suit to get the job done...

And 15 years ago, Ironman was just as cool as a 10 year old me as he is to the 25 year old me now. Comics are something you become a fan of as a child and then it grows into adulthood. You just don't wake up one day any know a lot about a character. A lot of us have been reading comics since we were children. 15 years ago, I was reading Silver Surfer, Ironman, Spiderman, etc. And these were comics much older than me. Ironman pages from the 60's and 70's that my dad still has to this day. (He's a huge Marvel/HULK fan. The reason why I'm into comics today)

A lot of us know comics because we just know them. Its a genuine hobby. Not something we picked up because a few characters got movies. :tongue:

Tony was basically the same guy for 40 years, those movies dropped and dude is damn near invincible now.

I can't think of any other hero whose powers jumped so dramatically.

They gradually kept adding stuff to Supes over the year. Batman within Canon has never really been ODed.

Them movies dropped and Tony is damn near Superman now.
This is not true. It's different for Supes and Bats cuz they're golden age characters though. In the beginning going for like 20 years Supes at times could only jump far like the Hulk not fly and Batman was not this prep time master that had endless gadgets in his belt plus he did kill villains and/or let them die. Silver age came around (60s) along with the comics code authority which the big two hated and Bats no longer killed and Supes got all of his god like powers until they had to scale them down when it got ridiculous. For Bats, it was after Frank Miller and Alan Moore changed comics (80s) and specifically Batman making him much more darker, cold and ruthless which led to all this prep time bs. Miller's non-canon story definitely changed how Batman was written in canon. For these characters this is over a span of going on 70 years.

So yeah all major comic characters will eventually get upgrades or sudden shifts in character. For the 40 years of Iron Man where you claim he didn't change which really isn't true he was always improving and upgrading by inventions and making tons of suits. This is a guy that spends his time in a suit he made and is in love with inventing new tech. It was really only a matter of time before he started interfacing with computers and becoming a bit more machine in certain ways. Ellis' Extremis is a great story that was a long time coming in regards to Tony Stark's entire continuity.

I hear what you are saying but Tony was essentially the same dude for from 63 til 08.

45 years dude was always a genius with technology in a suit.

08 comes and in the last 5 years dudes character and powers have dramatically changed.

I stand corrected.

Extremis dropped in 05-06.

Three years before the movie.

Maybe they juiced him up for the movie but I don't know.

In popularity yes, he is as popular as Superman, thats what comes along with 4 movies and a few video games; but what other top tier comic hero can Stark whoop on besides Batman?

Stark is smart, yes, but he isn't "strong" or "powerful". He isn't cosmic, or even a mutant for that matter. He's a genius. Thats it. He's super smart.

I don't understand why its a problem that Ironman is getting popular. Sure, he was never the most popular character, but the dude wasn't a scrub. He has always be able to take on Batman. With his jump in character progression over the last few years, he can EASILY take batman out.

But why is that bad? I can name 10 heroes right now who can wipe the floor with Batman, who aren't even popular.

Batman and Superman have never truly OD'ed because they were over exaggerated from the start. Once Batman beat Superman, it was done. He was overrated.

Bruh, thats like.... The BEST Ironman :lol:

One more thing.

What's really Canon when discussing characters because Tony has been relaunched at least three times that I can remember and maybe more than that.

Totally ignored his past and even changed the origin a couple times.

Bruh, thats like.... The BEST Ironman :lol:

Man when he popped his cap :wow:

Relaunches are still all in canon. The publisher is just trying to get more sales with new #1s. Marvel has been relaunching their books every 3-4 years now just cuz of that.

As for origins the EIC chooses prudently when to update a character's origin with season one stories that don't have to be considered canon. Iron Man and Punisher had it happen to them where it went from a setting from Vietnam to the Gulf War to Afghanistan. That doesn't have to be taken as canon and most fans just see it as an extra story to update things to modern times a bit and for the complainers who say Iron Man should be 60 now or w/e. Other characters kinda get it on the fly when issues contain flashbacks but it's a good running joke in Spider-Man.

Marvel has said as for continuity they don't let it write the stories so every now and then something might be ignored on purpose or retconned.

ironmankillsbatman.gif

Wow this thread is still going
And the arguements are just even more ridiculous and nobody and I mean nobodies evidence is sufficient because its all up to interpretation of the writers and what universe they currently reside in
Marvel has been trash every since the 2000s( except for x-23) and dc has been pretty crappy to...
All in all you are going to side with the character you identify with the most or were a big fan of.
But really my dudes some of you are to fanboyish and alot of feelings are getting hurt
Looking back on my posts it was all friendly banter but some of you dudes seriously are on one
But batman gang we still in dis bish lol

It would depend on the circumstances and what armor the either of them were equipped with.

Also are we talking film, comic, or cartoon? The canon should have been clarified from jump.

So since it wasn't...

Film: Dark Knight Trilogy vs Iron Man Trilogy ... Bruce would've handled Tony before he even puts the suit on...Tony depends on JARVIS which Bruce is capable of disabling, seeing that he can build a auto-pilot software patch for an air assault vehicle in a day. His hand to hand combat skills are FAR superior to Tony's as well.

Comic: Batman vs Iron Man ... Iron Man wins there's no catching him off guard because of Extremis Armor reacts when he's in danger as it is fused with his bones. 

90's Cartoon: ... again Batman as either Bruce or the caped crusader would put the beats on Iron Man, they played HEAVILY on the Detective Comics theme making Batman an excellent strategist. In the 90's cartoon Iron only could stay in the suit for 20 mins if I remember correctly. I'm sure the suit wouldn't perform well in urban combat. Nor Gotham. 

Wow this thread is still going
And the arguements are just even more ridiculous and nobody and I mean nobodies evidence is sufficient because its all up to interpretation of the writers and what universe they currently reside in
Marvel has been trash every since the 2000s( except for x-23) and dc has been pretty crappy to...
All in all you are going to side with the character you identify with the most or were a big fan of.
But really my dudes some of you are to fanboyish and alot of feelings are getting hurt
Looking back on my posts it was all friendly banter but some of you dudes seriously are on one
But batman gang we still in dis bish lol
This post has so much underlying salt in it. You were one of the most butthurt posters in this thread.

The majority of stuff you've been saying had absolutely nothing backing in it, just opinions with little knowledge on the characters. I like comic Batman way more than comic Iron Man and the way I've seen it is Tony got this in an actual fight word tot he gif. Not those dumb scenarios where you want to strip one character of all his powers and skills and call it a fair fight :lol:

Your opinion that Marvel and DC haven't been good in w/e span of time is irrelevant.

^^^ so I am salty about fictional characters that are going to change my real life in what capacity???
You sir are either a fanboy, hermit virgin with skin like powder or baiting me to respond
Guess it worked, I have been over this debate and truly at the end of the day it's what character you enjoy reading when you have downtime... None of the evidence proves ironman can beat batman because to me batman would still win
With/without prep time, that's one of my top 10 characters so you are not going to convince me and vice verse
So I suggest you go get some sun, read a real book, read a manga, put p*ssy in your face because you sound upset about something so trivial as to who would win
Batman gang we still in this
And just like i said in the ray j thread, ironman fans stop acting like a....
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=Je8K_hCej3s&desktop_uri=/watch?v=Je8K_hCej3s

Your words have a lot more venom in them than anyone else's.

I mean...you're calling another man a virgin and a ***** because he thinks Iron Man can beat Batman.

You're definitely quite perturbed.

:lol:

Film: Dark Knight Trilogy vs Iron Man Trilogy ... Bruce would've handled Tony before he even puts the suit on...Tony depends on JARVIS which Bruce is capable of disabling, seeing that he can build a auto-pilot software patch for an air assault vehicle in a day. His hand to hand combat skills are FAR superior to Tony's as well.

I can speak on this. :D

I agree with Bruce having more(far, far more) combat skills that Tony, but Tony was way, wayy smarter. Movie Tony would've hacked Bruce's computer and not only gave it false info, he would've watched him prep.

I thought the Nolan version of Batman was very dumbed down when compared to the comic version.

^^^ so I am salty about fictional characters that are going to change my real life in what capacity???
You sir are either a fanboy, hermit virgin with skin like powder or baiting me to respond
Guess it worked, I have been over this debate and truly at the end of the day it's what character you enjoy reading when you have downtime... None of the evidence proves ironman can beat batman because to me batman would still win
With/without prep time, that's one of my top 10 characters so you are not going to convince me and vice verse

And just like i said in the ray j thread, ironman fans stop acting like a....
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=Je8K_hCej3s&desktop_uri=/watch?v=Je8K_hCej3s
Yes you are, clearly, by your posts in this thread and elsewhere.

Just look at this response. You're just using words now, no meaning behind anything your saying. Only intent is to try and insult someone. This is you being butthurt. I mean seriously, fanboy? You don't read posts then and you're projecting, hermit virgin with skin like powder? :lol: what the **** are you talking about, probably more projection, are you that mad? or baiting you to respond? You don't have to respond to the truth man but I figured you came back in this thread so that ppl would respond to you again. It's clear you feel salty at this point, you can't even respond civilly to anyone who disagrees with you.The more you keep coming back in here to post proves what I'm saying. You bringing this thread up in other threads :lol:

This thread bothers you so much you just can't help yourself
I have been over this debate and truly at the end of the day it's what character you enjoy reading when you have downtime...
:lol:

No it's not.
None of the evidence proves ironman can beat batman because to me batman would still win
You just want it to be that way. You've created an excuse and a reason for it so that you can ignore the evidence presented.
So I suggest you go get some sun, read a real book, read a manga, put p*ssy in your face because you sound upset about something so trivial as to who would win
Batman gang we still in this
I'm the one that's upset though :lol:

You talking about getting sun and putting p in your face. Then you say go read a manga :rofl: C'mon son. Thought I already schooled you on that crap manga Bleach. This is sad.

Back
Top Bottom