Battle of the Germans.vol. Audi vs BMW vs Benz.

Originally Posted by nocomment6

the SLR which is far better., but more expensive.

Not even though...and when you bring the SLR up the GT2 rips it to shreds for like half the price anyway.

I work valet from time to time. I'll rate the cars from my personal experience with them. This is with the newest models.

Entry - 3 series > A4 > C class. The 3 series has that tight handling BMW has come to be known for, by far the best driving experience. Interior is ahuge upgrade. I HATE the new C class, the interior is terrible and looks cheap. Handling isn't as good as the W203, I have a 05 C class and feel that MBtook a step back with this one. A4 handles great, interior is dull, feels like sitting in a VW.

Mid-coupe - A5 > CLK. Wow! The A5 is on a different level compared to the A4. Great coupe. I love the CLK it as the same great interior as the W203 andhandles much better and packs a punch. But even though it's a mid-size coupe, it still feels like I'm sitting in a C.

Mid-Size - 5 series = E class > A6. Both are great mid-size sedans. 5 for the younger sportier crowd, E for the older more elegant crowd. A6 is still agreat car but it would be last of the three.

Full Size - S class > A8 > 7 series. S class is by far the best out of the group. Smooth ride, great interior, easy command center. The A8 is anothersmooth ride, upgrade in interior. Here's my beef, the 7 series is a huge car but handles like a 3, it's a horrible ride from the braking, accelerating,to steering. Cars that big shouldn't be made to drive like that IMO.

Roadsters - SL > Z - The Z is a small piece of crap, the 3 series coupe beats it in every way. I haven't driven a TT yet. The SL is a awesome roadster,it's only competitor is the Porsche Carrera.

Mid/Full Coupe - 6 series > CLS. Both handle similar to the mid-size sedans. But the 6 series feels much sportier and handles better, plus it's actuallya coupe. I LOVE the CLS but I don't consider it a coupe at all, it's more of a upgraded E class to me.

I've driven the SUV's for MB,BMW, and Audi, but didn't care for them. Land Rover and Jeep rule that category.

And for the CL fans, it puts the Bentley Continental GT to SHAME. The AMG engine is all that's needed to beat it over the head.

As for the Porsche conversation, the Carrera handles a lot like a 3 series coupe. But it's British, so it shouldn't be in the convo. As for Infiniti, Ithink it's the best Japanese luxury sedan, better than Lexus. It isn't as frail as every other Japanese car out there. You still have to manually turnon/off the headlights in a Lexus FFS.

As I said before, it's from my personal experience with those cars, not reading about them or looking at pictures. It's my opinion on them. No need toget butthurt. If you have a different opinion, feel free to share.

It's not opinion for the most part- a 7-series doesn't handle like a 3, Porsche isn't British, SL and 911 aren't in the same ballpark, neitherare the 911 and the 3-series, etc. etc.

Didn't mean to sound like a +*!$ about it...you're a valet not a test driver or whatever so it's no biggie but I'm just sayin....

lol...How the hell do you seriously test out the handling of a Vehicle as a valet parker...
laugh.gif

The only opinion you can give me as a Valet parker is which German Vehicle is equipped with the best Back-Up assistance camera...

Side Note... Car&Driver>Motor Trend

AND!!!! Its the First Production Year for the new 7-Series...BMW will Tweak out the bugs
pimp.gif
....PLUS look at those numbers, BMW is killing them both with thestats

roll.gif
exactly son's going 10 mph tops....thinking parallel parking is a good way to judge a car's handling and +@!%.

I'm real close to pulling the trigger on a 335i + Vishnu turbo kit, thing flies.

BMW is the clear winner in medium and large.

The S class has a prestige around it that the 7 just can't touch.

Originally Posted by swingshot

BMW is the clear winner in medium and large.

The S class has a prestige around it that the 7 just can't touch.

grin.gif
The Last Generation S-Class was garbage....It wasnt Touching thee65-e66's.... Then Mercedes went and copied The e66's interior for the S550's....
laugh.gif

The only cars I'd get from Audi is an S. From BMW an M. Nothing at all from Mercedes.

my dude Killa sped out in the X6 after his show in new haven last night, the whole crew was rollin in BMWs.

but yea the 2010 a8 is gonna knock out the S and the 7................watch.

Originally Posted by SneakerPimp2k8

killa cam^^^???
yea he performed in new haven last night,

son WAS out in that that joint. NJ plates, no tint.

qozrxi.jpg

I don't think most of the posters in this thread have drove, been driven in, or even sat in a lot of the cars that are being discussed in thisthread
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Stevenzsofly

As for the Porsche conversation, the Carrera handles a lot like a 3 series coupe. But it's British, so it shouldn't be in the convo. As for Infiniti, I think it's the best Japanese luxury sedan, better than Lexus. It isn't as frail as every other Japanese car out there. You still have to manually turn on/off the headlights in a Lexus FFS.

As an owner of a 996 gt3, that has to be one of the most pathetic things I've ever heard. A carrera handling like a three series, and being British. Thedifference between an M3 and a "regular" carrera is quite noticeable nevermind a 3 series if you go on a track where you can really measure a carshandling feel and characteristics. Run a lap at Infineon and tell me if the handle the same.

BMW all day...
335-M3
6 Series
7 Series
X5, though the current model looks like doo doo

MB:
SL
S
CLS
C, look nice now
G wagon, greatest SUV ever.

Audi:
R8, nuff said.
S-anything

M3s and basically the whole M line, do it for me...still waiting to upgrade from the lex to the new m3...hopefully by the end of the year!

Downey/Ironman upgrades to a pearl white Lamborghini LP 560-4 in the new movie. I saw the actual car that will be used in the movie last week while I was atthe dealership.

Originally Posted by xx Name Brand xx

Downey/Ironman upgrades to a pearl white Lamborghini LP 560-4 in the new movie. I saw the actual car that will be used in the movie last week while I was at the dealership.

good info

AUDI/LAMBORGHINI

pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom