Battlefield 4: The Thread

Remember they used "99 problems" for BF3 marketing, so can't say I'm surprised they used another totally inappropriate song for BF4.

Last edited:
The game is just gorgeous on the Frostbite 3 engine, but I'm slightly underwhelmed by everything. Then again, Battlefield is all about multiplayer and we have yet to hear any information about that aspect of the game. I see Dice reused the player models for the different classes (at least for the Russians) from Battlefield 3 though, was hoping those would be changed up.

That demo was boring as ****. More generic shooting, I no Battlefield fans are gonna be on dat "How cares about the campaign" steez. But other single blockbuster shooter franchise manages to delivery great to good campaigns. No reason for DICE to constantly get a pass

avkdfa.gif

iXSwbNwq31Mdt.gif

Campaign is going to be doo doo. Not even Michael K Williams is going to save that mess. Really hope DICE doesn't drag their feet now with the MP reveal.

Last edited:
the lighting. the sound fx, the explosions, the realistic fluid animation how the people move, overall everything is just :smokin can't wait!

Waiting to see if the buildings drop in multiplayer.

The moment I see that is the moment I start setting aside funds for a nextbox.

Ya looks like I'm saving up for the 720, 64 player conquest?!?! Please bring back metro at least for that

Man, I guess I really am gonna have to have that next gen console. My body is definitely ready.

DICE needs to show multiplayer before E3, to keep the hype train going

Because there will be too many shooters at E3 at that could potentially out shine it.

I just watched the full video and it was pretty intense. Like everyone else is saying though, we want multiplayer!

sound fx are better. including a black guy reminds me of bc2. looking to see what they do with vehicles this go round. also seems like they took some cues from mohw

Last edited:
DICE needs to show multiplayer before E3, to keep the hype train going

Because there will be too many shooters at E3 at that could potentially out shine it.

this

we need them multiplayer vids asap

its all i play not 1 damb will be given about campaign

:wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:

Battlefield 4 Uses New AMD Bird Rendering Technology: PecksFX

“Since the dawn of the 3D era, your favorite games have largely featured totally unrealistic flocks of birds that destroyed your immersion into the environment,” says AMD CEO Rory Read, “We understood the disappointment players felt when they saw only one or two birds in the sky so we took it upon ourselves to solve this problem.”

“Many games have attempted to disguise this problem either through explaining that birds have gone extinct to using pre-rendered birds or even simply placing characters in environments where birds cannot exist,” Read continues, “Realistic flocks of birds is one of the most complex and challenging animations to accurately reproduce in real-time.”

“Battlefield 3′s realism was largely hampered by the lack of birds,” says DICE technical director Henrik Karlsson, “We did a survey and found that when players first entered Sulaymaniyah, Iraq, many complained about the lack of birds. Our partnership with AMD has allowed us to render up to 500 unique birds at once without any slowdown.

:wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:

http://www.p4rgaming.com/?p=1711

Ya looks like I'm saving up for the 720, 64 player conquest?!?! Please bring back metro at least for that

Metro suck b so does Xbox

Chan blow me or better yet go blow Frankie

:wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:

Battlefield 4 Uses New AMD Bird Rendering Technology: PecksFX

“Since the dawn of the 3D era, your favorite games have largely featured totally unrealistic flocks of birds that destroyed your immersion into the environment,” says AMD CEO Rory Read, “We understood the disappointment players felt when they saw only one or two birds in the sky so we took it upon ourselves to solve this problem.”

“Many games have attempted to disguise this problem either through explaining that birds have gone extinct to using pre-rendered birds or even simply placing characters in environments where birds cannot exist,” Read continues, “Realistic flocks of birds is one of the most complex and challenging animations to accurately reproduce in real-time.”

“Battlefield 3′s realism was largely hampered by the lack of birds,” says DICE technical director Henrik Karlsson, “We did a survey and found that when players first entered Sulaymaniyah, Iraq, many complained about the lack of birds. Our partnership with AMD has allowed us to render up to 500 unique birds at once without any slowdown.

:wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:

http://www.p4rgaming.com/?p=1711

This might convince me to buy a 3D tv and hopefully the 720 has 3D too

Back
Top Bottom