Battlefield 4: The Thread

Battlefield 4 campaign details revealed

Gamers will play as Sergeant Daniel Recker, member of Tombstone squad; missions will take place in Shanghai, Singapore, and Azerbaijan.
Battlefield 4 developer DICE has released new campaign details for this October's new military shooter. Gamers will play as Sergeant Daniel Recker, a member of an elite group of "unlikely heroes" known as Tombstone squad.

Missions in Battlefield 4 will take place across the world in destinations like Azerbaijan, Shanghai, and Singapore, DICE said. In one chapter, players will rescue VIPs, among them a CIA field operative known as Laszlo W. Kovic.

Kovic is the focus of an upcoming Battlefield novel that provides the backstory for the CIA operative and the larger Battlefield 4 fiction.

"As you reach Singapore you are shocked to find a horrific scene of fire and mayhem," the game's description reads. "The flagship is sunk and its fleet is eradicated, and from this point on nothing is certain."

Battlefield 4 launches October 29 for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC. Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions are in the works but do not have release dates yet.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/battlefield-4-campaign-details-revealed-6411737

Swear to god I'm not buying the expansions for this game. Not if BF3 is an indicator. Every server people pick vanilla maps over and over and over. There's no full servers running only expansions any more.

I'd really like to get into BF, but I feel like if you can't put in 40 hours a week you end up being left in the dust.

It's not like that really. You can play casually and still have a good time.

I do wish the unlocks were a little quicker though, or that they gave you a few more options to start. Like why would these soldiers enter the battlefield without any attachments on their weapons or upgrades for their vehicles? :lol: It's just a ploy by EA to get lazy people to pay for the instant upgrades.

[COLOR=#red]I was just gonna say some things look similar to BC2. My favorites maps of the series so far.

I am so ready for BF4. Get the squads back together. I still play BF3 on my on, still amazes me on how many people play this like a COD game. Even when you TRY and run with some cats they are freaked that you are with them and do stupid ****.

Either way, Body has been ready.[/COLOR]

Man, this looks so promising. Idk if I should get this for PS3 or 360...or wait for the next gen system. =\ Decisions, decisions. Do people still play BF3 on 360??

Man, this looks so promising. Idk if I should get this for PS3 or 360...or wait for the next gen system. =\ Decisions, decisions. Do people still play BF3 on 360??

I'm in the same boat because i don't wanna buy the game twice, :lol:.

nextgenoffer_xboxheader.gif

carryover_v4.jpg

Found this interesting.

For the dedicated fans, Battlefield 4 Premium is the more affordable way to pre-purchase all of the game’s DLC and comes with:

Five digital expansion packs** featuring new multiplayer maps and in-game content:
Battlefield 4 Second Assault – Includes four fan-favorite Battlefield 3[emoji]8482[/emoji] maps now re-imagined with the power of Frostbite[emoji]8482[/emoji] 3. Available first on Xbox One.
Battlefield 4 China Rising – Players fight for dominance across the vast and majestic Chinese mainland. Available December 2013.
Battlefield 4 Naval Strike – Experience dynamic ocean combat as the Chinese armada takes the fight to the sea. Available Spring 2014.
Battlefield 4 Dragon’s Teeth – The US strikes back engaging in all-out urban warfare. Available Summer 2014.
Battlefield 4 Final Stand – Bring the war to its epic conclusion. Available Summer 2014.
Two-weeks early access to all expansion packs for that competitive edge
Unique personalization options including camos, paints, emblems, dogtags and more
Priority position in server queues
New content every week
12 bonus Battlefield 4 Battlepacks
Transfer Battlefield 4 Premium membership from Xbox 360 to Xbox One and PlayStation 3 to PlayStation 4

[COLOR=#red]1. Fan Favorite BF3 maps re-done... why not BF 2 or BC 1 + 2 maps? Or BC Vietnam Maps? We (I) have been playing all the maps over and over on BF3... I really don't want to keep playing them...
2. China Rising is given as a pre-order and recieved AT the time of game purchase. Am I missing something?

Other than that I'm fine. Pretty much how it was last year, seems like it will be a lot more customizable and you'll have priority (so they say).

Still can't wait.

And I am debating on getting it for 360 for a couple weeks then doing that trade in... I was originally going to get it just for XB1 on launch. Decisions, Decisions. [/COLOR]

^ The graphics... :x :smh:

I remember I used to think when the PS2 came out the graphics were unreal... If I would have saw this back then I would have **** myself.

Last edited:
Extended Gameplay - Parcel Storm

Last edited:
Loving the dynamic weather changes and how it actually influences the environment :pimp:

And I hope Gamestop allows more games to follow suit in regards to upgrading from current gen to next gen.

Found this interesting.
[COLOR=#red]1. Fan Favorite BF3 maps re-done... why not BF 2 or BC 1 + 2 maps? Or BC Vietnam Maps? We (I) have been playing all the maps over and over on BF3... I really don't want to keep playing them...

Other than that I'm fine. Pretty much how it was last year, seems like it will be a lot more customizable and you'll have priority (so they say).
[/COLOR]

Probably because it's easier on their part to port it to the new engine. :lol: I agree BC2 maps are :smokin

Priority queues work and are :smokin on the good servers.

Pre-orded BF4 standard on Origin. Origin Singapore has a sale up until 27 August... got the game at 10% off. Have access to BF4 Beta because of BF3 Premium... and probably picking up BF4 Premium down the road anyway, so BF4 Digital Deluxe seems like a waste of money.

If I preorder BF3 or any other game offering special content will my friend who I share games with be able to take advantage of it as well?

some more gameplay of the new map from ppl playing at gamescom...

man I can't wait to lock someone in that train after I throw a grenade in after them lol

Back
Top Bottom