BBQ/SMOKING

2throwed

Banned
Who on here bbq's, grills, cooks out, smokes, whatever you wana call it.

What you workin with?
What do you grill/smoke the best

I will be posting pics later, but for the meanwhile mAybe some of yall can get this thread going.

Also, what kind of rub are yall using

7 month bump but i still cant post pics from my phone....

But i be on
Smoked ribs, chicken, brisket, etc

Bbq chicken, fajitas whatever

But im tryin to see if any NT'rs know anything bout grilling or smoking.

I have a fig tree thats dying and i wana use the wood but im not sure since it has sap.
I got hickory and apple wood on deck. But im trying to see if anyone else has ideas or tips....much appreciated

Smoked shrimp wrapped in bacon >>>

And for the tree, you need to give it a year after it dies until it can be used for wood.

Last edited:
I only do charcoal / propane bbq, never messed with making a fire out of wood for BBQ.

I usually grill chicken, steak, ribs, corn, onions, zucchinis, yaki onigiri (BBQed rice balls), a lot of stuff for my family... I got some experience lol. we don't **** with hamburgers or hot dogs though.

I'm sure everyone has their own recipes, I'm not too sure how we marinate the chicken (we marinate chicken and also just use salt), but I have a few preparation ideas off the top of my head.

Steak: Before grilling, sprinkle generous amounts of salt, pepper, and sugar on both sides of the steak. Then add shredded garlic as well to both sides. Manually knead those ingredients into the meat. Make small incision into the fatty sections to prevent the steak from curling up when grilling.

Chicken: This is really easy but on wings and drummettes, sprinkle salt on chicken while grilling. Sometimes the salt is good enough especially when you're cooking with a charcoal grill. Also if you're using a charcoal grill, you don't need a lot of heat to thoroughly cook chicken, so try to have other things to burn to maximize your use out of your charcoal. I usually do chicken at the very end when the coals are dying out and way smaller than the original pile (about 1.5 hrs after starting up the fire).

Ribs: TBA, my mom has a real good recipe, I don't know how she does it but I'm gonna ask cuz it's so good. She cuts them individually, boils them in some sort of broth, and then marinates them overnight in the fridge before grilling them. Once my dad brought them for a company grill out and he said the ribs were by far the most favored item.

Yaki Onigiri: Using white rice, spread out a decent sized saran wrap on the table. You want to have a small fist sized amount of rice on that plastic wrap. In the center of the rice, throw in whatever you want. I'd recommend salted seaweed. Form that rice ball, and then grill at high temperature. Pour a little bit of soy sauce on one side, flip that side facing down during grilling. Then when that side is nice & crisp, do the other side likewise. One of my favorite ways to eat rice.

Infinite ways to do BBQ considering sauces and preparation methods... looking for new recipes too.

Tl;dr, BBQ is fun

Last edited:
I need to cop a smoker.

are there good store brand marinades that I can make easily?

My co-worker smoked some cheese in his smoker.......:wow: :wow: :wow: words can describe how delicious it was.

He explained to me his smoker needed some conversion (basically a dryer tube funneling the smoke into a box/freezer as the cheese wont melt.), but the results were out of this world.

That was my first time getting some cheese he did (had mild cheddar, white long aged cheddar and some dill havarti) and my favorite by far was the havarti.

If you've got a smoker and you like cheese, look up what you have to do to make it happen, you wont be disappointed.

My co-worker smoked some cheese in his smoker.......
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
words can describe how delicious it was.

He explained to me his smoker needed some conversion (basically a dryer tube funneling the smoke into a box/freezer as the cheese wont melt.), but the results were out of this world.

That was my first time getting some cheese he did (had mild cheddar, white long aged cheddar and some dill havarti) and my favorite by far was the havarti.

If you've got a smoker and you like cheese, look up what you have to do to make it happen, you wont be disappointed.
this man knows...I do it with my burgers...with that applewood...slap some bacon on that piece...=80's crack

one secret to a steak that will melt in your mouth! spread butter on the entire steak, make sure the butter is soft and not straight out of the fridge add seasoning of your choice and smack it on the grill! thank me later.
pimp.gif

one secret to a steak that will melt in your mouth! spread butter on the entire steak, make sure the butter is soft and not straight out of the fridge add seasoning of your choice and smack it on the grill! thank me later.
pimp.gif

Will try, along side the cheese thing.

I smoke anything on the grill. Steak, chicken, hamburgers, ect. 

I love the flavor it adds. 
devil.gif

Thread is making me sooo hungry!!!
That cheese tho! I Must find smoked cheese, I loooooooove cheese.

I actually bought myself a traeger smoker this past Father's Day,been smoking on it weekly since! I've done a 14 hour brisket, pork butt, whole chickens, ribs, tri tip! The traeger is a wood pellet smoker and is super easy to use and always has good results. There's a cold smoker accessory available to be able to smoke your cheeses as mentioned above,sounds like something ill be purchasing in the near future. I'll see about some pics
:smokin

I actually bought myself a traeger smoker this past Father's Day,been smoking on it weekly since! I've done a 14 hour brisket, pork butt, whole chickens, ribs, tri tip! The traeger is a wood pellet smoker and is super easy to use and always has good results. There's a cold smoker accessory available to be able to smoke your cheeses as mentioned above,sounds like something ill be purchasing in the near future. I'll see about some pics
:smokin

I'm serious when I say try to smoke some shrimp wrapped in bacon. I did it not too long ago. :pimp:

pimp.gif
yea that's what they do at ruth chris.... yea its def good....I even do it when I broil a steak in the oven...sure its fattening but yolo

another thing that's good is after you bbq....chop up the meat...scoop out a potato, put inside add smoked cheese, bacon chives cilantro wrap it in foil and let it slow smoke on the grill (onions and slice hot peppers is optional)

On a charcoal smoker, my only tip is to keep it slow and steady. A minimum of 12 hours for a 15-20 lb brisket or pork roast/pork shoulder/ pork butt.. Keep the charcoal count quite low.. You really cannot go wrong. You can season it with only salt and pepper and be okay. In most cases, keep the time drawn out as long as you can.

I've never had a bad piece of slow cooked meat.

Last edited:
That brisket looks dam good.

I use a tejas smoker, and a big green egg. The green egg is the best pit ive ever used and i have a fan set up to keep the temp on point. I can even make pizza on that thang. But on my smoker i usually do ribs brisket chicken and sausage. Tryna do a brisket but it never comes out good.

Yall know bout making your own rub? I heard it aint cheap

Back
Top Bottom