Being A (Good) Fan

you don't have to support a losing team if it's a form of protest (i.e. you spend money, you deserve a better product)... but don;t start cheering for some other city's team... that's just stupid

Being a bandwagon fan is equivalent to being the "yes" man or the kiss %%% in the business world. The constant slurpage gets annoying.

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

I know the astros are terrible and i can admit that. I think thats what makes a good fan. level headed no matter how they good they are. One of the reasons i hate New England sports teams cause they are way too extreme with their emotions.

post 2004 is where ill sorta agree with you. 
i can compare the recent success of Boston Sports to someone turning 21. you are hit with something you haven't been able to get/have and all of sudden your hit with this and you just don't know how to react. So, you then turn into a NY sports fan and believe you can, must and Will win every year in every sport. 

Older Celtic Fans are excluded from this. 

if the Astros, Texans, and Rockets just all of sudden started winning titles after such a long drought, how would you react?

it would feel weird right?

At the end of the day, the only team I really care about at all are Minnesota teams, but the older I have gotten, the more I respect the games overall and won't be emotionally hurt when my teams lose.

When I was a kid, losses cut deeper than ever. Now, the sting doesn't last as long and its easier for me to cheer for say a Kobe, because of historical significance related to my prime years. I can cheer for Seattle teams as well, because its where I grew up and live, but still...It's Minnesota all the way when it comes down to it.

I'm a Nets fan, we had a good run in the early 2000's but just because they were horrid last year doesn't mean I'm going to quit on my team. I've been a fan through the good because they are in a bad spot now doesn't mean they won't turn it around, and when they do turn it around I'll know in my heart that "I was there through our terrible 09-10 season but now we are winners" Whats the fun in sports if you continuously jump ship? You don't get to have a connection with the players, the moments, the rivalries.

Jumping ship from a Nets to Boston fan would be dumb, I won't understand the history of the team, exciting moments, clutch shots, player personalities, all the little things LOYAL fans know about their teams.

I'm a Nets fan, we had a good run in the early 2000's but just because they were horrid last year doesn't mean I'm going to quit on my team. I've been a fan through the good because they are in a bad spot now doesn't mean they won't turn it around, and when they do turn it around I'll know in my heart that "I was there through our terrible 09-10 season but now we are winners" Whats the fun in sports if you continuously jump ship? You don't get to have a connection with the players, the moments, the rivalries.

Jumping ship from a Nets to Boston fan would be dumb, I won't understand the history of the team, exciting moments, clutch shots, player personalities, all the little things LOYAL fans know about their teams.

Back
Top Bottom