Being Broke and Having No Food in the House

Originally Posted by aveezytheBEAST

its funny how when you know there's nothing in the fridge to eat, you keep going back to open it like something will magically appear...

laugh.gif
its a habit for most of us.

Originally Posted by heavenlee777

Today I had no food in my house, so I just warmed up some tortillas and put mayonnaise on it.
It was actually pretty good.
roll.gif

What are some things that you guys have done?

My friend once made a condiment shake
sick.gif
thats funny...cuz the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the thread title was "this cat needs to go to the store and get sometortillas"

i feel ur pain bruh me and my roommates been surviving off of honey buns and 25 cent bag of chips for the longest
smh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by latinplatinum69

Damn I remember when my paper was super low(Non-existent actually) I used to petty hustle to eat. I would go to K-Mart or Pathmark, grab shopping cart walk around the store filling up my cart like I was going to buy things. Then when I hit the food aisle I would eat cookies and milk or in Pathmarks case the ready made rotisserie chickens
laugh.gif
Then when I was done I would goto the most busy cash register line and kind of make believe I was upset because the line was so long and leave the cart full of stuff there and walk out
frown.gif
But now thank god I'm somewhat financially blessed so I just keep chef boyardees, tuna, and other canned and frozen foods just in case times get hard.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
I used to do the same thing at the KeyFood around my way
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I try to stay stocked up on dry pasta, 1 lb. things of hamburger (for the freezer) when its on sale, frozen diced onions, canned beans, canned tomatoes, rice,and other staples. Flour, eggs, oatmeal, and evaporated milk are cheap, too. It's amazing what you can do when you start (virtually) from scratch and workwith staples that have a long shelf life. Keep your heads up, guys!

Originally Posted by raburns04

I try to stay stocked up on dry pasta, 1 lb. things of hamburger (for the freezer) when its on sale, frozen diced onions, canned beans, canned tomatoes, rice, and other staples. Flour, eggs, oatmeal, and evaporated milk are cheap, too. It's amazing what you can do when you start (virtually) from scratch and work with staples that have a long shelf life. Keep your heads up, guys!

QFT.

don't forget about velveeta, kool aid, and jiffy cornbread..

especially the Jiffy....
pimp.gif

Man today in school, we were sittin at the lunch table nd chillin when our homeboy comes lurkin up for a peice of gum
mad.gif

dude stays askin,every single day, to the point where ppl know to put their gum away and stash the peice you got in your mouth away in some dark corner whereit aint noticable
laugh.gif
..so when he asked a girl sittin at the table,shesaid she had no gum when she got packs on her everyday..this %*^#$* kid ended up offering a dollar for a peice, and really gave it to her.

when i saw him hand the dollar over i was like
eek.gif
..dude you really gavethis chick a dollar for a peice of gum?!? he replied sayin it was "just a dollar" smh, i felt like i was my mom yellin at me for makin a stupidpurchase
laugh.gif
...but really seein how careless ppl are wit money when theyhave a "good amount" gets me heated,even when its just a buck, cuz altho im not strugglin myself, plenty of people are strugglin to eat. I dont know,it aint my money and it aint me, but still
tired.gif

I refuse to go w/o food. My friend has a iphone, cable, the 11/12 pack, eggplants, a truck on 24's, 46" tv in the living room, 40" tv in hisbedroom, 24" imac and a 2 bedroom as one of his rooms he stores shoes. You go to his fridge and nothing. He eats noodles every day. I had a superbowlparty and that was the 1st time he ate anything other than noodles since this past summer.

how about, you dont have any food at all and drink tap water until your full. Ive done that before, freakin sucks cuz you be runnin to the bathroom all night

I go grocery shopping at the 1st of the month. I eat the best when im broke. I usually stop by my local grocer and check out the mark down meat which isusually steaks. take them home make a lil marinade and pour into a bag with my steaks and place into the fringe. As long as you freeze it. Your meats will begood to cook. Check out the discounted meat section for good meat. You may have to go to more than one place to find a good selection. My local Kroger all wayshave the 4 pack steaks for $3.50 marked down from $30. Now that its winter time I find the big t-bone angus for 2 for $7.

Originally Posted by NikFiend

Man today in school, we were sittin at the lunch table nd chillin when our homeboy comes lurkin up for a peice of gum
mad.gif

dude stays askin,every single day, to the point where ppl know to put their gum away and stash the peice you got in your mouth away in some dark corner where it aint noticable
laugh.gif
..so when he asked a girl sittin at the table,she said she had no gum when she got packs on her everyday..this %*^#$* kid ended up offering a dollar for a peice, and really gave it to her.

eek.gif
..dude you really gave this chick a dollar for a peice of gum?!? he replied sayin it was "just a dollar" smh, i felt like i was my mom yellin at me for makin a stupid purchase
laugh.gif
...but really seein how careless ppl are wit money when they have a "good amount" gets me heated,even when its just a buck, cuz altho im not strugglin myself, plenty of people are strugglin to eat. I dont know, it aint my money and it aint me, but still
tired.gif

I swear this 1 chick did that to me offered me a dollar for a piece of gum

Goin to sleep hungry FTL
smh.gif
tired.gif

I got a whole poor boy cook book.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

- Rice with soy sauce
pimp.gif

- Melt butter in a pan n throw in the bread
- tortillas with pepperoni slices
- eggs with chopped hot dogs

Damn, I won't ever waste money on food again. I'm very, very lucky that even though I'm in college my parents are willing to pay for my $!#@ (food,tuition, basically everything as long as i'm an undergrad). Sometimes I overbuy my groceries and end up having to throw stuff away. Gotta count myblessings and only buy what's necessary, and make savings where there can be.

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

Today I had no food in my house, so I just warmed up some tortillas and put mayonnaise on it.
roll.gif

What are some things that you guys have done?

My friend once made a condiment shake
sick.gif
niketalk
roll.gif

Originally Posted by KoolKatz

Originally Posted by NikFiend

mad.gif

dude stays askin,every single day, to the point where ppl know to put their gum away and stash the peice you got in your mouth away in some dark corner where it aint noticable
laugh.gif
..so when he asked a girl sittin at the table,she said she had no gum when she got packs on her everyday..this %*^#$* kid ended up offering a dollar for a peice, and really gave it to her.

eek.gif
..dude you really gave this chick a dollar for a peice of gum?!? he replied sayin it was "just a dollar" smh, i felt like i was my mom yellin at me for makin a stupid purchase
laugh.gif
...but really seein how careless ppl are wit money when they have a "good amount" gets me heated,even when its just a buck, cuz altho im not strugglin myself, plenty of people are strugglin to eat. I dont know, it aint my money and it aint me, but still
tired.gif

I swear this 1 chick did that to me offered me a dollar for a piece of gum
I really wanted to talk to this chick out side of a club one night.
She was smoking. I wanted to buy one off her but all I had was 20s

I paid 20$ for a cig.
smashed
devil.gif

CAN OF TUNA + FAT FREE MAYO = $0.67, 27 GRAMS OF PROTEIN AND one daaaaman fine snack
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by im self abs0rbed

roll.gif

laugh.gif

Ive been doin +#@$ like that a bunch lately:
-buffalo wing and ceasar dressing sandwiches
-boiled noodles mixed with a can of chilli
-Dorito Sandwiches
-Ramen

some of you guys are so lucky you dont know. try going to bed hungry, waking up hungry, going to classes hungry and hoping that today there is some activity oncampus where there is free food. No money in my account, NO FOOD in the fridge. I had chick peas for lunch today. stole that +!%$ from the food drive basket atschool. I guess its not stealing if i need it, right?

Back
Top Bottom