Being Sober is boring

You can do ALL of those things without drinking.

I go to plenty of happy hours and don't drink

More of a mental thing than physical. Like you can't enjoy things without being high.

I'm from bay area. Best believe there are weed knocks. If you are smoking loud day and night, some dependency will develop. I have issues stopping. But everyone is different.

I'm from bay area. Best believe there are weed knocks. If you are smoking loud day and night, some dependency will develop. I have issues stopping. But everyone is different.
Def.. My cousin will spend his last dollar on weed.

As many of you know I'm a recovering alcoholic. I've been sober for almost a year and I've lost many friends and several hobbies due to my new lifestyle. Gone are the days where I'd head out for a night on the town to chase yambs while getting drunk. I no longer have a passion to go out at night really and I stay in the house most of the time when I'm not working. I've kind of become bored with my new sober lifestyle and I fear that me being bored may result in me abusing alcohol again. Does anyone on NT have experience with being a recovering addict trying to adapt to a new sober life? Any advice on remaining sober without becoming an anti-social person?

You really need to find other hobbies, and ways of keeping yourself busy. Like may have said, start working out, maybe join a club. Do something different or something you've always wanted to do but never had the opportunity. If you allow yourself to fall into depression, you will end up back on the bottle again fam.

I do have some questions, so forgive my ignorance. How does a person become an alcoholic? How do you go from social drinker to addiction/dependency? Is it wise to completely deprive yourself of all liquor vs drinking in moderation? If you drank a bottle of a beer, or took a shot, would that trigger something in you and have you binging on liquor right away?

Maybe you're realizing you're a boring person without booze?

Time to become a more dynamic person b.

Take up some new hobbies that interest you. Learn new skills you always wanted to and ones you wouldn't think would interest you.

Completely agree.

Do some push ups everytime you start to think about drinking or shootin up crack.

Do sit ups when your bored

Eventually you will just want to work out and that will replace those urges that are hard to controlla.

Last edited:
Lmao at the marijuana apologists thinking that people can't get addicted to weed

FOH
You can (well I can) .

And there's a post up there that I can also relate to (spending there last dollar on weed) I remember just last year I made decisions (more than one occasion ) that Id rather spend 10 on weed than Put gas in my car to get to work.

Half of me wants to stop because one day I sat back and counted how many years I've been smoking trees (6) and I was broke to the point I couldn't buy any But I felt happier and more clear headed. I wana see what that feels like joined with the position I'm in now.

Any who op you gotta fill that void. I go to there gun range everynow to shoot clays . Try it out sometime , it's fun homie.

Or fish .

Weed has to be SOMETHING :lol:

When you smoke weed 3-4 times a day there has to be a reason. You might not be addicted but you might not be able to cope either. It ain't your birthday everyday.

And when I ask you about please don't bring up how alcohol is worse. I am not talking to you about alcohol. That is how I know you're lost.

Last edited:
Weed has to be SOMETHING
laugh.gif

You smoke weed 3-4 times a day there has to be a reason. You might not be addicted but you might not be able to cope either. I ain't your birthday everyday.

And when I ask you about please don't bring up how alcohol is worse. I am not talking to you about alcohol. That is how I know you're lost.
Alcohol is by all means worse though.

Any addiction to weed is no more than a mental addiction, there is zero physical dependance to it. And technically anything can be mentally addictive.

Alcohol is by all means worse though.
Any addiction to weed is no more than a mental addiction, there is zero physical dependance to it. And technically anything can be mentally addictive.

Yeah of course it is but it doesn't matter given the context.

People deny having issues with weed because there are much worse alternatives.

But it is like, ok, but you still have a problem :lol:.

Last edited:
Quiting weed makes everything boring...your brain chemistry has to rewire.

Since I stop smoking I have no desire to go to the movies...because they are just not immersive like that when your sober.

Yeah of course it is but it doesn't matter given the context.

People deny having issues with weed because there are much worse alternatives.

But it is like, ok, but you still have a problem :lol:.

What's the problem though? I've been blowing heavy before I was ever in college. Graduated, I workout 4x-5x a week, run 5-6 miles a week, and maintaining a management position for a Forbes 500 company. What exactly is weed going to do that is guaranteed to hinder everything I mentioned above, compared to other drugs?

Last edited:
Unless it gets in the way of you functioning, do your thing man. I don't smoke, but I hate the bad rap that weed gets.

Read my first post. I am speaking on certain people. I get that there are people who can function and smoke weed.

Last edited:
As many of you know I'm a recovering alcoholic. I've been sober for almost a year and I've lost many friends and several hobbies due to my new lifestyle. Gone are the days where I'd head out for a night on the town to chase yambs while getting drunk. I no longer have a passion to go out at night really and I stay in the house most of the time when I'm not working. I've kind of become bored with my new sober lifestyle and I fear that me being bored may result in me abusing alcohol again. Does anyone on NT have experience with being a recovering addict trying to adapt to a new sober life? Any advice on remaining sober without becoming an anti-social person?

Have you ever stopped to ask yourself what you enjoy doing besides drinking? Serious question here. Maybe you need to do some soul searching and find yourself. I do not recommend smoking weed or any mind altering drugs because they won't help you get to the root of your problem, they'll only help mask them temporarily.

What's the problem though? I've been blowing heavy before I was ever in college. Graduated, I workout 4x-5x a week, run 5-6 miles a week, and maintaining a management position for a Forbes 500 company. What exactly is weed going to do that is guaranteed to hinder everything I mentioned above, compared to other drugs?

Im not disagreeing with you, but smoking anything isnt good for your lungs and body.

Last edited by a moderator:
vape or dab. no combustion involved. its a cleaner more efficient high and doesnt make you feel run down if the product is on point. Go solventless when it comes to extracts. squish ur nugs and dab the oil. People use hair straightener or heated presses.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom