Best $100k investment with monthly payout?

Not to be a hater, but if you're mom is that unstable with jobs, throwing money at the mortgage is the least of the problem. There's some underlying problem why she can't keep a job more than 4 months. I would invest in some sort of financial and/or personal management course for her to learn responsibility and how to handle finances.

Regarding the money, it's really about what you're knowledgeable about. There are plenty of investment options available, but NEVER invest in something you don't understand no matter how good the returns seem. Real Estate can be great, but if you don't know what you're doing, it can become a money pit in a hurry. I've been looking into debt investment, but am still on the fence. Earnings range from 5% to ~17% depending on your risk level. Diversified mutual funds are also another good option to consider.

Because someone is having money issues doesn't mean they are bad with money.

Maybe i missed it in the OP but thats not always the issue.

Like someone said before those multi family units are great for extra money.

Nothing to make a living off of if your only buying one.

My ***** own a couple but he still hustle on the side.

His are section 8 so that's a guarantee check evey time.

No late payments because it's really 3rd party.

Invest it all in p2p lending. Shouldnt have a problem seein north of 10 percent annually

unsure where you live, but looking into a single family residential rental property

pay out can be 15-25% return

Here is a cash flow analysis we provide investors
[table][tr][td]Est. market $
- no foreclosures[/td][td]  [/td][td]  [/td][td]Seller contribution[/td][td]  [/td][td]  [/td][td]Repairs/make-ready[/td][td]  [/td][td]  [/td][td]Prop ins annual[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td]Est. market $
- with foreclosures[/td][td]  [/td][td]  [/td][td]Survey[/td][td]  [/td][td]  [/td][td]HOA annual[/td][td]  [/td][td]  [/td][td]Rent[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td]Purchase price[/td][td]  [/td][td]  [/td][td]Appraisal[/td][td]  [/td][td]  [/td][td]Prop tax annual[/td][td]  [/td][td]  [/td][td]  [/td][td]  [/td][/tr][/table][h3]Conventional financing[/h3][table][tr][td]
[table][tr][td]Down payment %[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td]Loan term in years[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td]Interest rate %[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td]Lender & title fees[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td]# mo's tax & ins[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td]Mtg ins annual[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td]Show conventional[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td]
calculate conventional now
[/td][/tr][/table]
[/td][td]
[table][tr][td][table][tr][td]Gains and returns[/td][/tr][tr][td]Unrealized capital gain[/td][td]3,608[/td][/tr][tr][td]Annual cash-flow[/td][td]5,688[/td][/tr][tr][td]Return on capital gain[/td][td]15%[/td][/tr][tr][td]Cash-on-cash return[/td][td]24.2%[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td][table][tr][td]Cash-flow[/td][/tr][tr][td]Monthly rent[/td][td]1,025[/td][/tr][tr][td]Note payment[/td][td]368[/td][/tr][tr][td]Property tax[/td][td]103[/td][/tr][tr][td]Property insurance[/td][td]68[/td][/tr][tr][td]Mortgage insurance[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][td]HOA[/td][td]12[/td][/tr][tr][td]TOTAL[/td][td]474[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td][table][tr][td]Cash out-of-pocket[/td][/tr][tr][td]Down payment[/td][td]16,200[/td][/tr][tr][td]Closing costs[/td][td]2,284[/td][/tr][tr][td]Repairs/make-ready[/td][td]5,000[/td][/tr][tr][td]TOTAL[/td][td]23,484[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td]    [/td][td]Formulas:[/td][/tr][tr][td]  [/td][td]Unrealized capital gain*[/td][td]  = Est. market - (Purchase + Survey + Appraisal + Repairs + Lender fees)[/td][/tr][tr][td]  [/td][td]Annual cash-flow[/td][td]  = Monthly cash flow * 12[/td][/tr][tr][td]  [/td][td]Return on capital gain[/td][td]  = Unrealized capital gain / Cash out of pocket[/td][/tr][tr][td]  [/td][td]Cash-on-cash return[/td][td]  = Annual cash flow / Cash out of pocket[/td][/tr][tr][td]  [/td][td]
* Capital gain is different than equity. Capital gain is the difference between what was paid for the asset (the basis) and what was received when it was sold (amount realized). Capital gain taxes are of course derived from the capital gain, not the equity. Read this for more information: http://bit.ly/g7BJZj
[/td][/tr][/table]
[/td][/tr][/table]
where are you going to find someone willing to pay 1025 on something worth 80k?

Also... Managing the property... Repairs... And depending on what part of the country you're in, houses don't appreciate on value.

Take Texas...

The home are cheap because they don't skyrocket in value y.

They just keep building north.
Fontaine where in Texas do you live?

Housing in Houston has had an insane increase in value

There are THOUSANDS of homes you can purchase for under $100k that yields $1000+ rent per month.

Invest it all in p2p lending. Shouldnt have a problem seein north of 10 percent annually

info :nerd:

i dont know what to trust these days on NT but i know you been around for ever so maybe you arent trollin

it's one of the new bubbles Zyzz. Partake at your own risk. I'm sure @Hank Scorpio will drop some knowledge on the subject.

id appreciate any info, i know with all investments you cant go into it blindly unless you are filthy rich and got money to throw away :lol:

i just want some more info and do some research if legit.

Maybe the guys in the stock market thread would have more input
If it was up to me then id just do what
Jayyz said

Not to be a hater, but if you're mom is that unstable with jobs, throwing money at the mortgage is the least of the problem. There's some underlying problem why she can't keep a job more than 4 months. I would invest in some sort of financial and/or personal management course for her to learn responsibility and how to handle finances.

Regarding the money, it's really about what you're knowledgeable about. There are plenty of investment options available, but NEVER invest in something you don't understand no matter how good the returns seem. Real Estate can be great, but if you don't know what you're doing, it can become a money pit in a hurry. I've been looking into debt investment, but am still on the fence. Earnings range from 5% to ~17% depending on your risk level. Diversified mutual funds are also another good option to consider.
Because someone is having money issues doesn't mean they are bad with money.

Maybe i missed it in the OP but thats not always the issue.

No, not necessarily, but having 7 jobs in 2 years, there seems to be an underlying issue with the instability. Therefore, a financial literacy class could help since he's already had to do a HARP modification on the mortgage with a $300 increase in her payment coming in the next couple years.

i just invested 20k last month, with a retailer. Im looking at 15% return in 2 months.

Awesomeness

Back
Top Bottom