BEST TRIP EVER... HAWAII TRIP 2015!

Me and my daughter's mother did our baby moon in Oahu, islands aren't my type of place to go on trips but she loved it

I'm going to Maui in September for a wedding.

Can someone school me on why the drive to Hana is scary? Trying to see what the better option is, tour or on my own.

Anyway, right on for this thread. Great pics and info OP!

Can someone school me on why the drive to Hana is scary?
it's just a long and winding road that occasionally is next to some cliffs with some great ocean views. road is small and you have to take turns going over tiny bridges depending on flow of cars. it's not that scary. drove it at night in a heavy rain and it wasn't that big of a deal. just tedious. the beaches in hana are great though. water is super clean and clear.

http://elkincardonaphotography.com/blog/?p=4568

Glad you drove it yourself Jay, I think it was Mike that told me before hand to drive the road instead of going on an excursion...lol truly great advice, I'm not one keen on excursions where you flow on someone else's time, I like to do my own thing, most car rental spots in Hawaii come with their own tourist navi guide, we had a book prior and did our homework on the local gems, but that navi was clutch....did your Jeep have it too Jay?

RENT A CAR BRUHS.

been to Hawaii a couple times and i must say it is one of the best places to visit in the world.

OP is it true that they have pineapple juice fountains at the Dole plantation? :nerd:

Last edited:
it's just a long and winding road that occasionally is next to some cliffs with some great ocean views. road is small and you have to take turns going over tiny bridges depending on flow of cars. it's not that scary. drove it at night in a heavy rain and it wasn't that big of a deal. just tedious. the beaches in hana are great though. water is super clean and clear.

Oh okay, fa sho. Appreciate it man.

Glad you drove it yourself Jay, I think it was Mike that told me before hand to drive the road instead of going on an excursion...lol truly great advice, I'm not one keen on excursions where you flow on someone else's time, I like to do my own thing, most car rental spots in Hawaii come with their own tourist navi guide, we had a book prior and did our homework on the local gems, but that navi was clutch....did your Jeep have it too Jay?

RENT A CAR BRUHS.

Those are awesome pics ksteezy.

I agree rent a car the first time. Like I said before if I do it again I may go on a tour or I will stay in Hana overnight and head back the next day. We left first thing in the morning and still didnt make it back till late in the evening and there was still so much more to see and do.

Yeah Hana is dope to do overnight, stay in a little AurBNB in one of the towns on the way...

And thanks bro...best trip we've done...doing Tulum in 2 weeks, hear is beautiful too

And thanks bro...best trip we've done...doing Tulum in 2 weeks, hear is beautiful too

I want to go to Tulum at some point. I know numerous people who have gone there and they all have said it was amazing.

OP is it true that they have pineapple juice fountains at the Dole plantation?
nerd.gif
Not that I saw 
nerd.gif
kauai will forever be my favorite getaway island.

cool pics bruh
smokin.gif
Thanks fam 
glasses.gif

RENT A CAR BRUHS.

We had Navi, but when we drove, we pretty much just stopped by any area where there were a bunch of cars. Site's are pretty easy to spot since all you have to do is look for a bunch of Camaro's and Jeep's parked :lol: It was definitely quite the experience and I can't emphasis on what you said about renting a car and just exploring the place yourself.

Last edited:
Don't do the package thing. Plan it out yourself. Read the TripAdvisor forums, especially the pinned posts.

I want to go to hawaii for the first time but dont want disappointment since ive been to cancun and that set the bar high. Anyone been to both? How does it compare?

:::i dont mean to thread jack:::

but where do you guys recommend booking a package or going about planning a trip to hawaii? Really interested based off replies of this thread and trying to find the best way to go about it as far as pricing and convenience

search flights via Google Flights
housing: AirBNB
activities.. browse IGv(srs), TripAdvisor, Alltrails.

Back
Top Bottom