Better Call Saul Season Thread - Season Six - April 18th

Yall need to stop with this Ernesto obsession :rofl: :rofl:

All of a sudden Gus got a son? :lol:

2 Black guys with Hispanic names can't exist on the same show set in New Mexico?

Exactly :lol:

Maybe they do connect the two characters in the future. But if you're gonna say it now, at a point where the show hasn't hinted to that, it's pretty much because of their skin color and names :lol:

Yall need to stop with this Ernesto obsession :rofl: :rofl:

All of a sudden Gus got a son? :lol:

2 Black guys with Hispanic names can't exist on the same show set in New Mexico?

I was iffy about it too but they give Ernesto kind of a lot of screen time for his little part

It's not even about just how Gus and Ernesto are both black dudes in the show....it's the camera angles that they show Ernesto at, the glasses, the attire he always wears, how he acts....and look at the car that he drives. You think he affords that on a mailroom clerk salary?

I went back and watched some episodes of Breaking Bad yesterday though and when Gus is introduced Saul says that he knows a guy that knows a guy...meaning that Mike is the one that ended up crossing paths with Gus. So I think Gus is going to be the guy that somehow gets in the way of the Mike, Tuco, Hector Salamanca and Nacho war.

I also think the finale will show Hank and Gomez eating at Los Pollos Hermanos......

The connection seems pretty obvious to me. It could just be misdirection but it's no accident.

They put a lot of emphasis on showing Ernie's car. I don't know what it means, but i don't think it's an accident. For whatever reason they want the viewer to remember that it's his car. 

I remember when gus invited Walter white to dinner at his house he mentioned something about "the kids won't eat it"
Or did I make that up? lol

They put a lot of emphasis on showing Ernie's car. I don't know what it means, but i don't think it's an accident. For whatever reason they want the viewer to remember that it's his car. 

Nelson you're only noticing it because it's an Evo lol

Dont know why but Kim did it for me in her jeans and tee painting the office. Dont get me wrong shes pretty but doesnt ooze sex appeal. Kinda nice to see her dressed down.

I like her character. She can have any guy in New Mexico but she sticks with jimmy.

Dont know why but Kim did it for me in her jeans and tee painting the office. Dont get me wrong shes pretty but doesnt ooze sex appeal. Kinda nice to see her dressed down.

BRO! Lol I was thinking the same exact thing. She can get it. Dat middle aged awg :pimp:

It's not even about just how Gus and Ernesto are both black dudes in the show....it's the camera angles that they show Ernesto at, the glasses, the attire he always wears, how he acts....and look at the car that he drives. You think he affords that on a mailroom clerk salary?

He's pretty much a background character. There hasn't really been anything interesting in the way he acts or the angles they use on him imo.

His car sticks out a little bit but the explanation for him having it could be anything. Ernie and these details could always turn out to be important later on but at this point, it's reading too much into it.

It already paid off in one way - Jimmy and the audience immediately recognized it and the situation when it was outside of the copy shop. It helped set up the tension for that whole last scene pretty quickly. It could just be a visual device, or something to show what young kids are into those days

Last edited:

Nelson you're only noticing it because it's an Evo lol
this helps, but they literally make a point of showing the car in every scene that he's in. Whether he's pulling up in it, driving away in it, or it's sitting in the background.  They don't do that with all the other b-list characters on the show

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Howard offer to help Chuck out last season after Jimmy bailed on him? I'm sure they wrote something in the show explaining why he didn't after all, but with how much he's admired in the lawyer community you'd think one of his many friends would take on that roll rather than some associate or intern. I don't know, starting to seem like Ernie was created for more than just being Chuck's help...

:rofl:

You forget when Jimmy tells Ernesto that he should tell Howard they should give him a new car to take care of Chuck?

Last edited:
i enjoy the breaking bad character ties but that's absolutely not what the show is about for me. it just peripheral easter eggs. they could not show one more bb character in this show and i'd be just fine.

info on the car?

is it supposed to be a cool car? nice car? expensive? etc etc more info pls

info on the car?

is it supposed to be a cool car? nice car? expensive? etc etc more info pls
Y u patronize me RCK?
Because you're literally the only person I know on NT and IRL that can properly explain to me what sort of significance that car holds

Pls explain

Because you're literally the only person I know on NT and IRL that can properly explain to me what sort of significance that car holds

Pls explain
Maybe i just notice it because i used to own one. Two actually. It's kind of an uncommon car.

Regardless, I think it's strange that they always make a point to show his car. And i would be saying that no matter what car it was.

Last edited:
[thread="619284"] [/thread]

Pls explain
Maybe i just notice it because i used to own one. Two actually. It's kind of an uncommon car.

Regardless, I think it's strange that they always make a point to show his car. And i would be saying that no matter what car it was.
Now that I kinda think about it, all the vehicles used in BCS and BB are relatively memorable; the Aztec, Saul's yellow hooptie, the RV, Walt's gangster 300, Jr's Mustang?, etc etc

Ernesto's whip, like you said, is probably meant to be memorable in some way

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom