Better shoe, Shox or AM?

I am looking to buy a new paiar of shoes and would like some in put on which I should purchase, I like both syles but am tore between the two?

There's multiple implementations of Air Max, and the cushioning in one model may vary a little from one year to the next.

That said, i too would recommend air over Shox, it caused me some joint pain.

Air > Shox.

But, damn, you can get some wear out of Shox.

My Griffey Shox still get tons of wear, and I've had them since 2002. With a little cleaning every once in a while, they're as good as new and stillfeel that way.

For casual, correct?
grin.gif

Air Max easily, but it all depends on the shoes, and where the Air Max is implemented to make it worth it.

Shox are not good compared to the other cushioning options out there.
AirMax, ZoomAir, Asics' Gel, Adidas' adiPRENE....etc...

Shox is just a marketing gimmick technology. Stuff is terrible.

Zoom Air > Max Air > Cardboard > Shox

I meant response from training and running etc. I don't wear them casually but they train pretty well. Am's are better, but don't last as long.Nothing compares to asics gel right now for me.

for every 5 pairs of AM's, i maybe have like 1 shox.

AM definitely. more comfortable and more fitting

By the time Shox get comfy, they decompose and blow out in my experience. Zoom>Max>Cardboard>Shox = TRUTH

it's fairly obvious that the revolt against an older and fading technology in shox is in full effect.

but i guarantee you most of these people own a pair and liked them at one point.

there are some excellent shox option from the past and present and you shouldnt let the 'i agree' mentality of a message board decide which shoes tobuy for you.

it really depends on the type of shoe you're looking for.

I've never balled in worse shoes than those with Shox.

And before anyone wants to say they didn't get broken in, I wore them for a good 2 months. Joints made my legs hurt from the unresponsiveness of the Shoxsystem.

I transitioned away from shoxs, to air max, to zoom air, but you cant knock the fact that the vince carter 4s were some of the nicest balling shoes out back inthe day.

Back
Top Bottom