big sean featuring kendrick lamar and jay electronica "no i.d" freestyle

You listen to Trap Lord?
laugh.gif
Haven't listened to it in full, was talking more about Rocky.

^^^ macklemore

>D
I aint even know he from the west coast and I got his albums/EP from before he got big.

Makes sense though, dude reminds me of Slug.
poppin and quality music has been coming out of Atlanta for years
Rarely from the same rappers. Mind you we're talking about these new school dudes. I don't want to see no Kast and the like mentioned to defend that statement.
Pretty sure this thread is bigger than the individual Kendrick thread ever has been :rofl:
It's on it's way and that just goes to show as much as what he did may be good for hip hop to get ppl talking what he did was just another gimmick used at the right time.
Skyzoo, Flatbush Zombies, Smoke Dza, A$AP, Vado, French, Banks funny enough NYC has more artist buzzing than any other region besides ATL but _s are still hating.

All I see in here is a lot of WC, down south cats looking for another excuse to throw shots at NYC.

Y'all cats are hypocrites and can't even see it.

You're doing the same thing you accuse NY'ers of doing.
ASAP MOB is complete 90s Houston swisher house/screwed up click, UGK my man
Smoke Dza is on that plus on some WC ish
French is another south sounding rapper( except for that Mac and Cheese series)
Once again I am not throwing shots( I only speak for me) because my musical taste is all over the place and I just love GOOD music, but NY doesn't have a TRUE artist that I can say"Yeah that's some Wutang,DMX,etc, gritty NY sound" because the musical influences are all over the place.. Once again if NY is really feeling some type of way, how about stop throwing shots at each other, work together and bring NY back to those days
Jayz and Nas are not included in this conversation because their careers are Godfather status...Now I dig KDOT but I wouldn't mind if Nas/Jay/ Killa Cam/Fab went at him, now that would be interesting but ain't nobody got time for Papoose and the struggle rapper clique, sorry...
And I was down with Buddens but his antics make it hard to get jiggy with his ish
So you're completely ignorant about Joey Bad*****??? and his entire crew?

I also gotta assume you're ignorant about the other rappers mentioned that you didn't even address. You can't say there aint no NY artists with a NY sound after you get a list of them and then move the goal posts to other criteria that wasn't even in the original discussion.

I get the feeling the way some of yall talking if the WU came out today as a brand new group yall would be saying oh but none of them can make a song, none of them dudes got the full package. Who would you rather listen to Ghost or Krit? Meth or Cole? Raekwon or Kendrick? Talking about they one dimensional and

**** OUTTA HERE WITH THAT BULL ****

All the good to great music from relatively new NYC artists aren't mainstream, it's basically internet/underground. None of these dudes got the NY streets on smash for real for real that's why Kendrick can slide through with his little double entendre.

Last edited:
This is indicative of the sad state that New York rap is in. There are literally over 10 rappers mentioned by name and none of them have responded. Most likely because they view it (like many in here have agreed to) a call to arms to better their own works, not a direct diss requiring some kind of corny response track like this thing was on some 2002 Kay Slay ****. Nobody has responded with more than a throwaway Tweet within 24 hours of the track dropping.

Now to the New York rappers (and other corny rappers not even mentioned and not even from New York). I'm reading the past few pages of the thread and guys are legit analyzing the intricacies of verses from Papoose, Joell Ortiz, Fred Da Godson, JR Writer(!), etc. Literally guys that nobody outside of the Tri-State area and message board nerds give two ***** about. And their responding to a line that is already vague in its intents. That's what is sad. You have all these other rappers mentioned by name and the only who are responding are guys who are has-beens or never-weres from a ravaged New York scene. And they are responding passionately to this may-or-may-not-be "diss" line. It's embarrassing to listen to and embarrassing to witness as a third-party seeing fans of these guys debate between which no-name went the hardest.

Sorry if that's harsh, but the window for a relevant response was when this **** was still trending on Twitter. It's the weekend now and next week's news cycle is already starting to prep. These wack rappers that y'all keep bigging up, the more I hear about them responding, the sadder I feel about the state of New York rap. 

Bottom line, it's over. Take the hint, step up your raps, stop addressing it. You can rest on the laurels of Jay and Nas for as long as they're active, but they're already middle-aged. Rocky's weird *** aside, what is really going on in New York. I really hope that scene steps it up because I'm a fan. And French Montana isn't the ******g answer. 

Rant over.
This reply deserves at least 100 reps!

I could plug in Papoose, JR Writer, Jae Millz, Corey Gunz in there and you'd have the exact same situation.  

Nobody wants to hear that **** on a consistent basis.

The problem isn't the music.  The problem is who controls what music gets shine.  

There are garbage artists from EVERY region and every region has their time to shine.  But all that said, I could list 10 solid artists in place of the Alley Boy's and Corey Gunz of the world.

Bad music is bad music.  Coasts have nothing to do with it.  
No, it wouldn't be the same situation.

I'd rather listen to artist who have some substance and talent even if mediocre or not marketable

Cory and Pap aren't garbage. A sixth grader could out rap Waka.
My point was that you could plug in any of the cookie cutter, punchline, Big L clone rappers from NYC and you'd have more forgettable music in the mainstream.  

Where are those dudes now that their time is up?  There's a reason that their brief time in the spotlight came and went.  Disposable music.  

Again, coasts have nothing to do with it.  Don't let your personal preferences blind you to the FACT that there are a lot of ****** NYC rappers. 
what you consider **** nyc rappers alot of people still eff's with, NYC's lowgrade isn't da same lowgrade as in da south

or sections of da west.

Maino saying NY Dont have a sound anymore is so true... I don't know if the artist up there are lazy or just don't have teams behind them that are computer savvy

The only ny artist that I can think of that really cooked during this online/digital age of music was B****vel...

Max had the lingo, the trend, a ton of songs, and a distinct NY sound to his music. He was really future b4 future

I could plug in Papoose, JR Writer, Jae Millz, Corey Gunz in there and you'd have the exact same situation.  

Nobody wants to hear that **** on a consistent basis.

The problem isn't the music.  The problem is who controls what music gets shine.  

There are garbage artists from EVERY region and every region has their time to shine.  But all that said, I could list 10 solid artists in place of the Alley Boy's and Corey Gunz of the world.

Bad music is bad music.  Coasts have nothing to do with it.  

No, it wouldn't be the same situation.

I'd rather listen to artist who have some substance and talent even if mediocre or not marketable

Cory and Pap aren't garbage. A sixth grader could out rap Waka.

My point was that you could plug in any of the cookie cutter, punchline, Big L clone rappers from NYC and you'd have more forgettable music in the mainstream.  

Where are those dudes now that their time is up?  There's a reason that their brief time in the spotlight came and went.  Disposable music.  

Again, coasts have nothing to do with it.  Don't let your personal preferences blind you to the FACT that there are a lot of ****** NYC rappers. 
what you consider **** nyc rappers alot of people still eff's with, NYC's lowgrade isn't da same lowgrade as in da south

or sections of da west.
I don't understand how dude can say it's not about coasts in one breath and then go on to single out NYC rappers like he's making a point.

There's **** rappers in the game period. It's not determined by coast, region, city or state.
On some real ish though, is hip hop the only genre of music that regionalize? Just curious...
To this extent? Yes.

Last edited:
New York will never be back on top. Your own radio stations don't even play your music
laugh.gif

DJs don't play your music in the club...

When NYers tour, they only do shows in the North East

Deal with it..
umm asap mobb, coke boys, fabolous,  and nicki minaj gets plenty of play, jay-z and nas too...

I wanna hear some **** from the following ppl:
Styles + jada
Budden
Nas
Royce
Action Bronson
Roc Marciano
Joey badass
Kinda wanna hear something from deck, Raekwon and ghost
Still feel like busta could do a lil something
Killa
Wish Kane or rakim would spit something just for this
No one on this list except Budden has the skill present day to match Kendrick. You betta have a Delorean or something to hop through time and grab each of these artists in their prime
umm nas, jada, raekown, ghost, styles, and roc marciano are all better then budden and for da most part never fell off

I have a real question for you guys.

Who in NY can hang with Kendrick?

The ***** got a Platinum Plaque, money, spits ******g burning gasoline, and awards.

WHO IN NY can **** with him right now? Even outside of the fact that he can spit with the best lyricists in NY in right now. I see a lot of people bringing up old rappers, trump cards that they know have history. But Kendrick ain't call them out.

Its like the old sports argument. Your current team is some ****, so you start bringing up old past teams that won Superbowls or NBA Championships.

We not talking about them though, we're talking about your team now.

Who can **** with him?

Lebron called out the Bulls, so you got Scottie Pippen responding to him? Why isn't Derrick Rose responding?

I don't want ot hear struggle bars from KRS ONE or Jim Jones. I don't want to hear Fat Joe or some other washed up ***** defend NY. I want to hear one of the ****** who got called out (ASAP ROCKY for example) defend his home turf.

I want ot hear Meek Mill defend himself. I want to hear someone who got blatantly called out come back and say "Aye, don't sleep on me." and drop some REAL MUSIC.

Everyone saying Kendrick ain't the King of LA, but the dude clearly has the credentials right now. There's nobody in NY with credentials. And when you do bring someone up, their first album was before 1997... Hence my sports analogy...

If theres a kingdom with no king at the moment, you damn right I'm going to walk in and take over the throne. And there ain't a damn thing anyone can do about it until the townspeople claim their kingdom back and overthrow me.
kendrick side stepped Nas and Jay-z and their both VERY CURRENT and still interchange da crown for NY...like others said he cheated.

you can't claim king of NY when jay-z and Nas still breath oxygen making current music.

and for da record, even lower tier rappers like fabolous till got more credentials....just saying.

Last edited:
This is the most overrated thing in the history of ever. I dont mind because I like K Dot so no throwing shade on his shine, its everybody else that is acting ******ed. Like why is this thread so big? I only listened to the verse twice and have no desire to ever listen again. Wasn't even a diss record. It doesnt make the rap game any better. Ya'll think French Montana gonna have bars and substance all of a sudden? No. This changes nothing. Now if Kendrick were to free Max B...............

umm nas, jada, raekown, ghost, styles, and roc marciano are all better then budden and for da most part never fell off

Told ya'll a couple of days ago that Roc Marciano was the hot name to drop of the moment.

Roc ain't even better than Torae, Sean P or Skyzoo, but I digress, everyone wants to front like they listen to him without really listening to him.

Mega >

but wait, if you aren't on 106 Park, you aren't relevant

Back
Top Bottom