[:: BIG SEAN Thread | 'I DECIDED' Album 2/3/17 | Cover Pg.13 ::]

Did y'all like Twenty88?
I loved it. Jhene and Sean always make good tracks together and I love old school R&B. So the album was good imo.

2 minute warning is fire.

That EP or whatever it was, WAS NOT old school R&B. At all. Sounded IDENTICAL to the trash we hear today. The soft melody and sucka content. Instead of one guy singing it like we're used to, it was a duet album.

My man Sean did 155k first week w/ no physicals.

2nd straight number 1 album. Happy to see his career treading in this direction man. Around HoF, they was trying to get my man up out of here lol

Sold 65K actual copies. That stream **** is flawed, google it. Already been proven that stream numbers are flawed as hell.

65 is good though.

Last edited:
Sold 65K actual copies. That stream **** is flawed, google it. Already been proven that stream numbers are flawed as hell.

65 is good though.
I don't need to google it, I already know the deal with Streaming. It's flawed for every artist.

However, most people consumed Big Sean's album via streaming, not buying it so you have to account for that in some way. Not even sean related, but the RIAA had to account for streaming somehow. Hopefully they become more accurate with it.

65K copies w/o physicals is extremely impressive. he probably breaks 200k w/ physicals. And 90k streams isn't that wild of a number to conceptualize to begin with. Seems pretty reasonable.

The fact that theres no physical for two weeks is a hindrance to me. It regulates people to streaming and gives more time for piracy to spread.

Shout out to him on the number one though, he deserves it

The fact that theres no physical for two weeks is a hindrance to me. It regulates people to streaming and gives more time for piracy to spread.

I just like the fact that the perception of him is starting to change and his sales and image are starting to reflect that. Bounce Back is about to hit #6 on the Billboard w/ no features. He's becoming a star it seems.

You gotta remember, he really started behind the 8-ball. He was on his way out. I feel like records such as Milf, Freaky, Marvin Gaye and Chardonnay, along with some of the records from his first album and earlier mixtapes have had such a negative effect on his career that even today, he's trying to fight that notion that he's some silly, cleverly stupid punchline rapper.

The typecasting with sean has been real and it was only until DSP where he finally started getting the respect he deserves.

The way I see it, even if you liked DSP more, this album was sorely needed for Sean's catalog moving forward. This album gave him his 2nd #1, and doing 155K first week w/o any physicals is a more impressive feat than his first week for DSP, but even if the sales weren't there this album was necessary for his catalog to solidify himself as a real rapper to the masses. There's no real silly moments on this LP and even on his singles like Bounce Back, (or blessings even) he's spitting real **** and this album is full of that. At the very least, you can now take sean serious as a rapper.

I only wished he would have come out the box with records like Blessings or Bounce Back instead of Marvin Gaye & Chardonnay and *****. The perception of him would have been much different. But better late than never.

^ Marvin Gaye & Chardonnay was dope though.
Sure, if you would like to believe that to be true. I disagree, but that's subjective.

However, you're not going to listen to that and come away with thinking Sean is an actually rapper. It's the sentiment and feel of the record. You're not going to gain respectability as a rapper with that song. It's completely different than say Bounce Back, or Blessings. The latter records have been wildly successful and at the same time the record has a way more "serious" tone.

Sean dropped My Last with Chris Brown before MG&C. If you didn't consider him a rapper with that, that's on you. An artist has the liberty to make the kinds of tracks they like. You just seem to have a narrow definition of what a rapper's songs should sound like.

Marvin Gaye was bad. I wasn't aware Sean was on his way out. He was always making stuff I liked.

This album is better than DSP??? :x...Play No Games may be better than anything on I Decided

Alright, alright, alright. I know yall dont like this album, but let's not get carried away now lol

Assuming it was just to prevent the album leaking.

It's interesting that he's been putting up the same numbers with every album (selling, not streaming)

He's trying to his hardest to crossover but can't. Numbers are still good though.

Bounce back is the #6 song in the country right now.

And in an era where literally every album now is streamed more than bought essentially, it's flat out silly to omit his streaming numbers
laugh.gif
That's the culture of the entire music industry right now.

He's definitely crossed over, or in the process of it.

Last edited:
not every body uses a streaming service so to not have a CD out really hurts 1st week sales

There's so many issues with trying to count streams as numbers. The biggest one is that mad people stream music for free so how in the hell is that equivalent to an album sale? I understand that music doesn't sell today but music hasn't been selling for a couple years before the stream wave. Plenty of artists have come out and said they don't see money from this and they don't like it. Streaming numbers makes it easy for labels to issue these ridiculous gold and platinum plaques.

Last edited:
One of my co-workers was raving about this album. I have never listened to any of his other albums, just some songs here and there. I decided to listen to this album and has he always had the same style as Drake? I don't recall him sounding anything like this on the previous songs I've heard.

Bounce back is the #6 song in the country right now.

And in an era where literally every album now is streamed more than bought essentially, it's flat out silly to omit his streaming numbers :lol: That's the culture of the entire music industry right now.

He's definitely crossed over, or in the process of it.

While true, it's just such a flawed way to account for things. The single to an album can get played a massive amount of times, account for whatever certification it gets, and the other songs could never get heard :lol: :lol: that's just how the game is today

One of my co-workers was raving about this album. I have never listened to any of his other albums, just some songs here and there. I decided to listen to this album and has he always had the same style as Drake? I don't recall him sounding anything like this on the previous songs I've heard.
You should listen to more of his music. Drake is the last thing that would come to my mind when listening to Sean.

Drake's DNA is definitely on this album, some tracks sound just like him (Jumping out the window, Owe me, Halfway off the Balcony)

Love Voices in my head :pimp:

Drake's DNA is definitely on this album, some tracks sound just like him (Jumping out the window, Owe me, Halfway off the Balcony)

Love Voices in my head :pimp:

^^^ this

ESPECIALLY jumping out the window

Who knows though, big sean said him and drake got some stuff coming out soon so maybe they had a couple studio sessions together and bounced ideas flows etc

^^^ this

ESPECIALLY jumping out the window

Who knows though, big sean said him and drake got some stuff coming out soon so maybe they had a couple studio sessions together and bounced ideas flows etc
Real talk, even No favors sounds like it belongs on IYRTITL, right after No Tellin. Very similar production.

Back
Top Bottom