[:: BIG SEAN Thread | 'I DECIDED' Album 2/3/17 | Cover Pg.13 ::]

no favors is no tellin

I was saying that on another site

some of the other flows and voice inflections sound identical

but who knows who started what at this point?

I just know they sound the same on a lot of these cuts

but I like this big sean album unlike most here

halfway off the balcony stays on repeat

You should listen to more of his music. Drake is the last thing that would come to my mind when listening to Sean.
As you can see from the replies that followed, multiple people agree that Sean sounds like Drake on this album, on more than one song too.

Drake been a huge fan of Big Sean since 08, and has went as far as to say that he's gotten flows from him. Honestly think this is a big reason why Drake sounds so much like Sean and vice versa.

i've always said their musical dna is just alike, from the raps to the melodies, they're really alike in a lot of ways and the only difference to me is that Drake has a better, stronger voice.

While true, it's just such a flawed way to account for things. The single to an album can get played a massive amount of times, account for whatever certification it gets, and the other songs could never get heard
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
that's just how the game is today
Lol it definitely is a flawed metric for sure and and you see artists like Drake and The Weeknd add songs on their albums to get their stream counts up. It's really bad in some ways.

But It would even be worse if they didn't account for streaming at all when almost everyone now is listening to music that way.

It's for sure a mess though.

Drake been a huge fan of Big Sean since 08, and has went as far as to say that he's gotten flows from him. Honestly think this is a big reason why Drake sounds so much like Sean and vice versa.

i've always said their musical dna is just alike, from the raps to the melodies, they're really alike in a lot of ways and the only difference to me is that Drake has a better, stronger voice.

all true but in this case a lot of the structuring, flow and inflections sound like it came directly from If You're Reading This It's Too Late which came out bout 2 years ago

Alright ran it back to compare the two.
No Favors:

The opening of the first verse sounds like something that Drake would of spit on If You're Reading This It's Too Late. But that was about the only thing I could pull from that song. I actually thought it sounded like a song that would be on a G.O.O.D. Music project. Like Kanye and Push could of jumped on that track easily.

"I'm about gettin' the job done boy up every night
I'm about rollin' a seven when I toss up the dice
I'm about gettin' my logo all flooded with ice
I'm about takin' a risk that might **** up your life
Tell 'em point and shoot like camera crews
In front of cameras too (Brrr!)
Damn, Sean, what happened to the humble attitude?
I'm like, "****** took the flow, but I'm still standin' too."
Thought I had the Midas touch, and then I went platinum too"

Jump Out The Window:

This definitely has the 'OVO' sound. I originally thought PARTYNEXTDOOR should of been featured instead of Jeremih. Again, with this track, I hear it more on the first verse but not the whole song. Like when Sean spits at a faster pace, that's for sure his own thing and I don't think Drake raps at a pace like that.

Owe Me:
This track sounds like almost everything that's out right now, which is probably why I missed the Drake comparison. The hook does have a Drake vibe to it though.

Honest question (not trolling or starting anything deadass): are you guys referring to Drake's "sound" for anybody that "sings" or melodizes and then starts rapping? :nerd:

Last edited:
no favors is a very similar hook to no tellin and it uses the same flow as energy

there are other songs I noticed but don't feel like piecing all of em together

Alright ran it back to compare the two.
Honest question (not trolling or starting anything deadass): are you guys referring to Drake's "sound" for anybody that "sings" or melodizes and then starts rapping? :nerd:
No; I said it specifically because of his flow and delivery on some of the tracks. It sounds exactly how Drake rhymes. Like I mentioned though; I've never really checked for Sean before. My intro to him was the feature he did on Fly Union's joint. I also listened to "I Don't **** With You", other than that I'm not familiar with his work. The reason I initially poised the question is because he sounds very different on this album than the two previous tracks I've heard.

No; I said it specifically because of his flow and delivery on some of the tracks. It sounds exactly how Drake rhymes. Like I mentioned though; I've never really checked for Sean before. My intro to him was the feature he did on Fly Union's joint. I also listened to "I Don't **** With You", other than that I'm not familiar with his work. The reason I initially poised the question is because he sounds very different on this album than the two previous tracks I've heard.
Thank you for answering that. I guess it's something I don't really listen for or pay attention to since I'm familiar with his work.

The dream could have stayed home on this album :lol: but then again I'm sure he made some good contributions, just his vocals weren't needed

sean had a secret show in LA on friday. FCFS status and it was raining heavy. i was thinking about going but good thing i didnt, saw on his IG people complaining that they were waiting for 3 hours and the people that arrived later than them got in first :lol:

sean had a secret show in LA on friday. FCFS status and it was raining heavy. i was thinking about going but good thing i didnt, saw on his IG people complaining that they were waiting for 3 hours and the people that arrived later than them got in first :lol:

where at?

Damn that was prob the worst Em verse. He had some nice lined but he has no flow. That was a struggle verse.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom