Black guy hair cuts

Damn I was just about to come in here asking what y'all put in your hair along with the sponge. I use the cream that came with the NuDred and I'm about to run out.

I've seen y'all co-sign the curl milk and now dude is swearing by this carrot stuff.

Which one would y'all reccommend and where can I acquire them both respectively?

Damn I was just about to come in here asking what y'all put in your hair along with the sponge. I use the cream that came with the NuDred and I'm about to run out.

I've seen y'all co-sign the curl milk and now dude is swearing by this carrot stuff.

Which one would y'all reccommend and where can I acquire them both respectively?

Honestly I've used a combination of products with the sponge.

The shea milk and smoothie combo
Some raw Shea butter and the castor oil combo
And if I forget to put anything in my hair that day, just roll with the sponge

I should add that I've been trying the no wash/conditionor your hair till the end of the week. So if I have a day where I don't put something in my hair then I'm not worries cause the products in my hair already will keep it looking good still.

I just posted about it above but I forgot to add I'm rolling with the curls on top, tapered all around look aka the Duke starting 5 :lol: but yeah, it's oily but it absorbs into my hair very nicely.
My bad lol. I posted that without refreshing. But I'm curious how transitioning from the all over sponge look to dreads would impact my hair, because I've noticed some strands are sticking together as if they've been dreaded. (Excuse how I worded that since I'm under the influence)

My barber put me on to it about 2 weeks ago. Never heard it before as well so I was a bit weary but he knew what he was doing. My hair was really dry prior to getting a haircut as I went to the shop real early in the morning and after he used it, my curls were crazy all day man
laugh.gif
never in my life has a product kept my hair oiled longer than that carrot serum. Been using it daily every since once I copped from Walgreens.

I deal with dry hair so I'm always trying to find different products to help but this is legit. A lot of people are saying its great for hair growth as well. Haven't been using long enough to notice a difference yet.
That's All I Needed to Know.
pimp.gif

Will be copping soon... Good looking out bruva!

Fellas I can't stress enough read the ingredients on what you put in your head. That carrot serum stuff has a popular silicone based ingredient in it & some other questionable ones too.

Fellas I can't stress enough read the ingredients on what you put in your head. That carrot serum stuff has a popular silicone based ingredient in it & some other questionable ones too.

Really? Aw man smfh

My bad fellas :frown:

I use coconut oil in my beard, stuff is the truth.

And you can buy the Shea milk stuff at Walmart or CVS, forgot who asked. I use the smoothie by itself and it does the job

Last edited:
Last edited:
I'll never leave my castor oil or coconut oil

I've been putting the extra dark JBCO on my beard every morning since November. Anything else doesn't make my beard feel as moisturized. Just started using the Trader Joe's organic coconut oil in my hair as well.

Rolling with this duo. Just bought the Cantu from a local store but been using this CO everyday for a few months now. So far loving this Cantu tho

All great ingredients too :lol: smh

Longest my hair has been since last summer.

Last edited:
Just a public service announcement, if you find the curl enhancing smoothie a little too expensive or just want an alternative, this stuff does the same thing for half the price

Doesnt smell as good as the smoothie, but for $5 I can live with that 
nthat.gif

Back
Top Bottom