Black guy hair cuts

Been cutting my own hair. No better feeling then when you cut your own hair and ****** ask where you get your cut at :smokin

16 for a fade plus beard , I always throw him 22$ .

I have another barber back in my hometown , dude would lowkey switch his prices like I wasn't catching up . It was usually 15$ for a fade , and my goatee . Always threw him 20 or 25 at least ... Then dude switched up and started charging $20 . I ain't tipped him since ! Most of the time these barbers will try to get a guaranteed tip included within your haircut .

Last edited:
Yall ever get charged more for a cut because you made an apt?

THis was back in 2011, but I was on a work trip and found a decent shop. First 2 times I went, got hit with a wait due to customers with appts going ahead of me. So schedule an appt, (this time there was no wait) get my cut, think it was $20 or so, and I gave dude like a $3 tip. I walk out, cross the street, and I hear yelling. Turn around and see the barber running my way, im like "damn must of forgot something" nope, dude was like " you owe $__ you had an appt. I was like huh? cut is $20?!?! he was like we charge more for appts. :x

What yall think?

I never heard of that .

How much are you charged for an appointment? Dudes be hustling for all the coins in 2017 for a haircut...

Shop I used to go to started charging 5 bucks to make an appointment. Cuts were already 25 bucks

Never heard of paying more for an appointment, but I guess I can understand that having an appointment is putting you to the front of the line, so you're paying a premium to have that "VIP treatment". Obviously your time is worth money, so they figure those who value their time will pay a premium price.

Nah that's bs :lol:

Only thing I could understand is if they required a deposit to make an appointment. In case people cancel an ****

I've yet to pay more than $20 plus tip for a cut...
I was getting by with $15 until my barber built up his clientele and got locally famous. Now he charges $25 
mean.gif

$20-$25 isn't too bad. 

I know some dudes paying $30 a cut 
sick.gif

Yall ever get charged more for a cut because you made an apt?

THis was back in 2011, but I was on a work trip and found a decent shop. First 2 times I went, got hit with a wait due to customers with appts going ahead of me. So schedule an appt, (this time there was no wait) get my cut, think it was $20 or so, and I gave dude like a $3 tip. I walk out, cross the street, and I hear yelling. Turn around and see the barber running my way, im like "damn must of forgot something" nope, dude was like " you owe $__ you had an appt. I was like huh? cut is $20?!?! he was like we charge more for appts. :x

What yall think?

Lol hell yea they'll charge you extra [emoji]128557[/emoji]. These dudes by my crib will have you do it on an App ! They really think they're cutting Nas , Drake or some sh***

I've yet to pay more than $20 plus tip for a cut...

I was getting by with $15 until my barber built up his clientele and got locally famous. Now he charges $25 :smh:

$20-$25 isn't too bad. 

I know some dudes paying $30 a cut :x

:lol:

My regular spot charges 15 but there's another "upscale" type one in town I hit up now and then that charges 20. Don't know if I could ever do 30 at this point :lol: :x

Last edited:
I do not blame barbers one bit for charging what they feel they are worth and charging extra for additional services.  People act like barbering isn't a skilled trade and that they should all be working for peanuts. Yet look how many people in this thread are obviously concerned with looking fresh and demand a dope cut.  Plain and simple, if your barber is charging more than you think he's worth then it's time to find one that is or learn to cut your own hair.

Last edited:
Reactions: God
That same thinking gon have ****** paying 50 for a cut one day
Just like anything else, you pay what it's worth to you.  I cut my own hair and have for 20 years.  There was a brief period I was tired of it and started going to a barber, but never found one who could cut as good as I can so I'm back on it.

When you think of the number of people who can't cut hair in your city, compared to the amount who are an above average barber, I'm surprised the price hasn't gone up more over the years. DC area prices are crazy so I can't imagine going to a barber out here every week.

I never heard of that .

How much are you charged for an appointment? Dudes be hustling for all the coins in 2017 for a haircut...

I don't recall how much the haircuts were, this was 6 years ago. I was just tryin to paint the picture that not only did I 'think' I was paying the right price or my cut, I thought I was giving a tip as well.

edit: the deposit for an apt makes a bit of sense tho.

Last edited:
Lol hell yea they'll charge you extra [emoji]128557[/emoji]. These dudes by my crib will have you do it on an App ! They really think they're cutting Nas , Drake or some sh***

Nah bruh the app is clutch i aint even gon lie. But if cats charging extra to book an appointment they hustling yall. My new barber (old barber moved to another city when he got a real job smh) uses the styleseat app joint is so clutch. Effortless to schedule an appointment and it sends you reminders and all.

Back
Top Bottom