Black "Stealth" Foamposite ones!!! December 14th, 2012 - A FRIDAY!!!!

I'm trying to get reseller on ebay to understand that Ebay takes 15% off the income you make from selling an item there. With that being said, if a reseller were  for 300 he would lose $45  so in the end he will only pocket $255. I'm trying to avoid that by just transferring the money into their paypal account, but they won't take it.

I missed out on these but there's no way I'm paying over $300 for these. There are so many resellers that fail with foams and end up selling them for retail or 10-20 over retail after 2-3 weeks.
Foams cost too much to start with, they aren't like mikes where people are willing to pay $250 for a pair they missed out on.
People also need to chill with all the hate on cough drops, I copped for $99 at an outlet also and only wished I would have doubled up. Dude that said there were just so many of them was right. Everybody that wanted them definitely got them. I'd much rather things go back to when shoes were sitting than the way it's been the last year.

Last edited:
I'm trying to get reseller on ebay to understand that Ebay takes 15% off the income you make from selling an item there. With that being said, if a reseller were  for 300 he would lose $45  so in the end he will only pocket $255. I'm trying to avoid that by just transferring the money into their paypal account, but they won't take it.

ebay doesnt take 15% tho.....

Funny How Upset Some Of These Newcomers Get When Their Lowball Offers For A Shoe Get Denied
laugh.gif

So Quick To Throw Around That "H" Word Knowing Darn Well They Aren't Coming Correct With The Numbers
eyes.gif

If You're Anything Over A Size 10 And Offering $30 Above Retail, Tax, Shipping And Fee's For A Shoe As Hard To Obtain As This, You're Going About Things All Wrong. This Is Especially So For That 12-13 Range. You May Catch Someone Slipping Because Of Bread Not Being Right Sure, But To Expect To Get These In Those Sizes Right Now For Under $350 Is Just Unrealistic As MANY Familiar Long Term Members Have Pointed Out In Here
wink.gif

The Market Is What It Is Fellas, If You Don't Wanna Pay To Play, Sometimes You Gotta Just Take A Back Seat And Move On To The Next One
nerd.gif

I'm Not Encouraging Anyone To Run Out And Pay What They Don't Wanna, Just Saying That's How The Cookie Crumbles In "The Game" These Days And Unfortunately Has For A Little While Now.....
Put It This Way, If There Was A Shortage On Gas Supply, And Shell Can Get $3.50 For A Gallon Of Gas At The Pumps, Why Would They Turn Around And Offer It To Some Whiney Soccer Mom For $3.00?
"HYPES" I Guess
roll.gif

*All That Aside,
My Third Pair Will Be Here Tomorrow From NDC.... Looking Forward To Adding These To The DS Foam Stack Collection
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
QFT !

definitely not true. foams dont always stay high. my statement comes from experience. yours seems to come from hype.

you just got lucky and your experience aint from these. prices will stay above $300 getting a pair for $270 - $300 is a good number they are already $220 + tax so $270 isnt that not far off, folks just cheap or aint got the cash.

prices always drop. dude is doing the right thing.
people wanting 400+ not going to want to sit on them for months to get that price. every hype shoe has an initial spike, a downward spiral, then settle on a long term price with the exception of super limited shoes.

dude gon b short 400 wont sell but 350 will

prices are not going to drop that much

people are going to want 400+

nah at least $350

thats common sense you dont answer you short things like that shouldnt have to b explained...f'd up u did all that for a raffle ticked and you didnt answer your phone, just shoes though, dont b mad at them you aint pickup when they called.
I didn't do that much to get a raffle ticket.  Just walked in and signed up.

I'm mad at them for not fully disclosing all the info, and mad at myself for missing the call. 

They made it seem like if you won, then you won.  They would make it their business to contact you.  Thats why you gave em your number in the first place.  They pulled my ticket, yet I get nothing.  That is whack. 

Well u hqve people that cannot answer the phone while at work.... its simply bs..... they should leave u a vmail and asked
You to call them back within a time frame...... thatsprolly a scam some stores use to keep pairs on the side....
Smh all the hassle one has to go through to pay for a shoe...

alot of feces posted in this piece.

NYC craigslist doesnt have many of these for sale unlike the crimsons and pinks. I think most of who copped these actually wanted to keep these for themselves.

ebay takes 10% then pp takes 3-4% so they take about 13.5% or so. 

I myself rather take the 20% loss at FC and not worry about shipping or chargebacks.

I had a pair up for $320 on my local cl and was getting $260 offers, I took them to FC and got $550 sell and $440 in return.

from what i remember, ebay takes about 8% on higher priced items. then paypal gets 2.9%.

I don't think that as a BUYER, you should consider what ebay/paypal take as a cut from the SELLER to determine what price to pay.

When I think about ebay auction prices vs. actual cost - I consider price of the shoe, tax, and shipping, i.e. things that I'd have to pay to obtain the shoe.

The cost of the selling service isn't my problem - that's something for the seller to consider when he chooses the platform on which to sell and his price.

So, what I'm saying is, if you tell a BUYER that at 280, the seller is really only walking away with 255 - why should the buyer care; he's still shelling out 280. It's up to the seller to either find a way to get more for the shoe, or realize that there's not really an opportunity to make profit here and just move on, or choose his reselling ventures better.

[table][tr][td]
Category
[/td][td]
Insertion fee 
(per listing, for any duration, including Good 'Til Cancelled*)
[/td][td]
Final value fee  
(per item, based on the total amount of the sale)
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
$0.99–$50
[/td][td]
$50.01–$1,000
[/td][td]
Over $1,000
[/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td]
Clothing, Shoes and Accessories
[/td][td]
$0.50
[/td][td]
10% of the total amount of the sale
[/td][td]
$5 for the first $50

+

8% of the remaining balance up to $1,000
[/td][td]
$81 for the first $1,000

+

2% of the remaining balance over $1,000
[/td][/tr][/table]
Buy it now

and 

regular

[table][tr][td]
Basic fees for auction-style listings

[table][tr][td][/td][td]
Starting orreserve price
[/td][td]
Insertion fee  
(per listing)
[/td][td]
Final value fee  
(per item)
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Your first 50 auction-style listings per month
[/td][td]
Any
[/td][td]
Free

(exclusions apply)
[/td][td]
9% of the total amount of the sale

Maximum fee is $250
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
More than 50 auction-style listings per month
[/td][td]
$0.01–$0.99
[/td][td]
$0.10
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
$1–$9.99
[/td][td]
$0.25
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
$10–$24.99
[/td][td]
$0.50
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
$25–$49.99
[/td][td]
$0.75
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
$50–$199.99
[/td][td]
$1
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
$200 or more
[/td][td]
$2
[/td][/tr][/table]
[/td][/tr][/table]

roughly 12% after everything. I know everyone hate resellers but we're not talking about the fly by nights asking $500...$350 is NOT a bad price IMHO.

Last edited:
LMAO dude shut up you sound real dumb right now. your talking about one pair pf foams that was not a hype release a lot of people got the for $99 you aint special. people are VERY willing to get foams for $250+ what planet r u on?
You obviously have a problem reading, what i said about the cough drops and this release were two separate statements that had nothing to do with each other.

I'm just saying this release isn't worth jumping out the window for especially when it hasn't even been a week.  Some dudes are paying 400-500 in some areas when after a week or two prices are going to settle.

I was even willing to pay $350 myself on sat and sun but once the salt wore off, i'm just going to chill and pick up two pair for as close to retail as possible.

I see a number of you are resellers and get sensitive to people telling others to wait a couple weeks.

I'm from chicago and i'm used to foams sitting, things have just been different the last year and a half.

Every pair i have except the crimson and pink were picked up weeks after release.

BIP times when you want the seller to lower the cost is when it makes a difference to account for what they get. The eBay thing makes sense as cutting out the middle man is generally cheaper for the buyer as the seller is usually happy to get the same bottomline and pass the savings to the buyer.

LMAO dude shut up you sound real dumb right now. your talking about one pair pf foams that was not a hype release a lot of people got the for $99 you aint special. people are VERY willing to get foams for $250+ what planet r u on?
You obviously have a problem reading, what i said about the cough drops and this release were two separate statements that had nothing to do with each other.

I'm just saying this release isn't worth jumping out the window for especially when it hasn't even been a week.  Some dudes are paying 400-500 in some areas when after a week or two prices are going to settle.

I was even willing to pay $350 myself on sat and sun but once the salt wore off, i'm just going to chill and pick up two pair for as close to retail as possible.

I see a number of you are resellers and get sensitive to people telling others to wait a couple weeks.

I'm from chicago and i'm used to foams sitting, things have just been different the last year and a half.

Every pair i have except the crimson and pink were picked up weeks after release.

BIP times when you want the seller to lower the cost is when it makes a difference to account for what they get. The eBay thing makes sense as cutting out the middle man is generally cheaper for the buyer as the seller is usually happy to get the same bottomline and pass the savings to the buyer.
I always shoot to cut out the middle man, especially since Paypal offers buyer/seller protection being that they're under the eBay umbrella.  I'll throw the seller a bone and offer decent money so that it's a win-win, but some of them are just foolish.

Offered one dude $470 shipped for the 7/16 CDP as I was just going to split the pack with my boy and he was willing to pay more for the 16's.  I know when I see sellers who have no clue how to list with keywords that their auctions will end low.  Seller scoffed at my offer...auction ended at $425 shipped.  Now he's about to get gouged by fees.

Sorry guys, this is getting pathetic... I've wasted the last 5 minutes of my life reading pages on this forum all because  people are getting salty 'cuz they didn't get their foams, and they are arguing because the resellers aren't willing to take their low ball offers.  Pay up or shut up. why can't people on the foam thread be more sensible like the dudes on the megatron thread where we're actually here to "help" each other out.

Sorry guys, this is getting pathetic... I've wasted the last 5 minutes of my life reading pages on this forum all because  people are getting salty 'cuz they didn't get their foams, and they are arguing because the resellers aren't willing to take their low ball offers.  Pay up or shut up. why can't people on the foam thread be more sensible like the dudes on the megatron thread where we're actually here to "help" each other out.

whos arguing and what??? there is no info right now about the foams right now. Dudes have been sharing info when stuff drops. Sorry we arent posting to your liking.

says he who doesnt contribute to the thread.

Last edited:
alot of feces posted in this piece.

NYC craigslist doesnt have many of these for sale unlike the crimsons and pinks. I think most of who copped these actually wanted to keep these for themselves.

fixed. type in "foamposite" or "stealth" and alot listings for sale will pop up.

I was worried about the size of these sneakers. I can confirm that they are TTS for me. I wear a 10 in every pair of shoes I have. These foams are no different. For what it's worth, I can fit a 9.5 in a few select shoes. I don't think I've ever had a 10.5...maybe once. 

I hear what you are saying, my point is that as a buyer, you pay what you pay - what portion of the money you spend goes into the seller's pocket, vs gets plucked by ebay/paypal is irrelevant. If you pay 280 for a pair of shoes, you now have 280 less than you did before, regardless whether the seller walks away with 250, 265, or every last penny.

Of course, it's wise to think about what is best for the seller in so far as you may be able to suggest an alternate avenue that will allow you to pay less and the seller to take more, or at least get the same cut, and make the sell so he can move on the the next one. That's win-win, and can be smart business on both sides.

That's why I only sell - to the extent I sell anything - through NT, or on some peer-to-peer stuff.

UPS dropped the package at my doorstep around my lunch break...grabbed it and took it back to my work vehicle to open em up.....my third pair of foams and probably my favorite

Back
Top Bottom