Blake Griffin??? Will not be...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

Clippers 'Guarantee' Griffin Won't Leave Via Free Agency In 2014
Jan 20, 2011 10:51 AM EST

Blake Griffin is not eligible to become an unrestricted free agent until the summer of 2014, but the Clippers are already talking about offering him an extension during the preceding summer.

"I can guarantee you he will only ever be a Clipper," general manager Neil Olshey said of Griffin. "If [Oklahoma City Thunder general manager] Sam Presti arrived on Kevin Durant's doorstep at midnight on July 1st with an extension, understand that Blake Griffin lives two blocks away from me in Manhattan Beach so it's going to be a much shorter commute for me."

Griffin is averaging 27.6 points, 14.4 rebounds and 4.0 assists in the new year.

"When it comes time for him to be a free agent, we won't be losing," Olshey said. "We're not losing now. We're 10 out of 14 now with our All-Star center [Chris Kaman] sitting around in a suit. The future looks pretty good. The only question will be, in two or three years with Blake, is how much more we'll be winning."

Via ESPN

f3hsib.jpg

Laker fans can officially put the pipe down now.

Yeah, I am distraught now, guess I'll have to settle for Dwight Howard, Kevin Love, OJ Mayo and Russell Westbrook. 

*sigh* 

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You're not gonna win with that team. Kobe will be retired. Dwight is gonna want maximum contract same with Russell and Love. Mayo will at best be an average SG in the league for a good 6th man.

Blake Griffin is not eligible to become an unrestricted free agentuntil the summer of 2014, but the Clippers are already talking aboutoffering him an extension during the preceding summer.

"I can guarantee you he will only ever be a Clipper," generalmanager Neil Olshey said of Griffin. "If [Oklahoma City Thunder generalmanager] Sam Presti arrived on Kevin Durant's doorstep at midnight onJuly 1st with an extension, understand that Blake Griffin lives twoblocks away from me in Manhattan Beach so it's going to be a muchshorter commute for me."

Griffin is averaging 27.6 points, 14.4 rebounds and 4.0 assists in the new year.

"When it comes time for him to be a free agent, we won't belosing," Olshey said. "We're not losing now. We're 10 out of 14 nowwith our All-Star center [Chris Kaman] sitting around in a suit. Thefuture looks pretty good. The only question will be, in two or threeyears with Blake, is how much more we'll be winning."

Via ESPN

f3hsib.jpg

Yeah, I'm not sure if you forget but Donald Hitler Sterling is still your owner and 2014 is still a long way from now.

Blake Griffin is not eligible to become an unrestricted free agent until the summer of 2014, but the Clippers are already talking about offering him an extension during the preceding summer.

"I can guarantee you he will only ever be a Clipper," general manager Neil Olshey said of Griffin. "If [Oklahoma City Thunder general manager] Sam Presti arrived on Kevin Durant's doorstep at midnight on July 1st with an extension, understand that Blake Griffin lives two blocks away from me in Manhattan Beach so it's going to be a much shorter commute for me."

"When it comes time for him to be a free agent, we won't be losing," Olshey said. "We're not losing now. We're 10 out of 14 now with our All-Star center [Chris Kaman] sitting around in a suit. The future looks pretty good. The only question will be, in two or three years with Blake, is how much more we'll be winning."

Via ESPN

f3hsib.jpg

Yeah, I am distraught now, guess I'll have to settle for Dwight Howard, Kevin Love, OJ Mayo and Russell Westbrook. 

*sigh* 

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

30t6p3b.gif
@ the mentality of Laker fans

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

Via ESPN

f3hsib.jpg

*sigh* 

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

30t6p3b.gif
@ the mentality of Laker fans

Yeah, it's so far fetched. 
eyes.gif

SIXTY YEARS this been goin on.  Mikan, to Elgin, West, Wilt, Kareem, Magic, Worthy, Shaq, Kobe, Gasol, this been goin on for DECADES.  

We re-load.  BIG.  We don't baby step @#$% we don't go down for 20 years like the Celtics did, we go down 2-3-4 years, STILL make the playoffs most years anyway and then make a big run.  

Are we gonna get all those guys?  No, probably not.  But we already heard whisper of Dwight lookin our way.  Russ and Love both played at UCLA, and OJ at USC, how is that so unbelievably far fetched?  What?  Nobody will ever want to play for the Lakers someday?  I rather be a Timberwolve? 
eyes.gif
  I rather be a Memphis Grizzly? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

6 decades folks.  Call me an @#$ all you want, I'm not trying to be one, I'm going off what 60 years of history is telling me.  Kobe, Pau, Odom, Artest, all gone, that means we have Bynum, the 2 rookies we got right now Ebanks and Character, and then about 40-50 million dollars to spend.  But yeah, it's "crazy' of me to say that we could get some real nice players, IN LA. 
laugh.gif

How foolish I am. 

Blake Griffin is not eligible to become an unrestricted free agentuntil the summer of 2014, but the Clippers are already talking aboutoffering him an extension during the preceding summer.

"I can guarantee you he will only ever be a Clipper," generalmanager Neil Olshey said of Griffin. "If [Oklahoma City Thunder generalmanager] Sam Presti arrived on Kevin Durant's doorstep at midnight onJuly 1st with an extension, understand that Blake Griffin lives twoblocks away from me in Manhattan Beach so it's going to be a muchshorter commute for me."

"When it comes time for him to be a free agent, we won't belosing," Olshey said. "We're not losing now. We're 10 out of 14 nowwith our All-Star center [Chris Kaman] sitting around in a suit. Thefuture looks pretty good. The only question will be, in two or threeyears with Blake, is how much more we'll be winning."

Via ESPN

f3hsib.jpg

Kinda cocky being that you're a fan of team who's made the playoffs once in about 20 years...
laugh.gif

The future looks good until Sterling pisses the franchise away like he always does. As much as I like Griffin, Gordon, and the young clipper nucleus history will repeat itself...

I hope the Clips prove me wrong though, I would love to have a Lakers vs. Clippers WCF
devil.gif

Originally Posted by anygivensunday

Kinda cocky being that you're a fan of team who's made the playoffs once in about 20 years...
laugh.gif

So 06, 97, 93, 92 never happened within that 20 year time period right??
roll.gif

one ya'self kiddo!

Originally Posted by goukiteg

Originally Posted by amel223

It's the same thing every time. 

Sterling puts together a promising, cheap squad that gets the crowd hyped but then when their value goes up he lets them walk. 

The Clippers become garbage again and Sterling puts together a different group of promising cheap players. 
I can't believe I'm saying this, but in Sterling's defense, name me one player that walked and became a SUPERSTAR in the league?
There isn't even a star, let alone a superstar.

6 decades folks.  Call me an @#$ all you want, I'm not trying to be one, I'm going off what 60 years of history is telling me.  Kobe, Pau, Odom, Artest, all gone, that means we have Bynum, the 2 rookies we got right now Ebanks and Character, and then about 40-50 million dollars to spend.  But yeah, it's "crazy' of me to say that we could get some real nice players, IN LA. 
laugh.gif

How foolish I am.   

You might as well wait 'til you get to that bridge before you cross bc your precious lake show won't be the only attractive team on the market especially if your illustrious future dynasty to start is Andrew "always healthy" Bynum plus two late 2nd rounders.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by anygivensunday

laugh.gif

So 06, 97, 93, 92 never happened within that 20 year time period right??
roll.gif

one ya'self kiddo!
That's still nothing to write home about...
laugh.gif

Oops, I forgot just making it is good enough for the clippers...
tongue.gif

^stop spreading propaganda is the point dumb !%%!!
100619-u-still-mad.jpg

Come off your high horse bro, you still won't make the playoffs. I wish nothing but success for the clippers, but you talking kinda reckless.

Originally Posted by CosmicCanon

Blake Griffin will not be a no. 1 option, but a hell of a 2nd option though.
You are aware that the guy just scored 47 points, right?  And that was his second 40+ game of the season?  There's not a lot of "2nd options" that are capable of going out and getting close of 50 on any given night. 

Originally Posted by CosmicCanon

Blake Griffin will not be a no. 1 option, but a hell of a 2nd option though.
Have you seen the kid play? It's his rookie year, averaging 28 and 14 in January, and he's STILL improving 
sick.gif

Stop it.

how much of Blake's rookie success can be attributed to him being in the league for a year and adjusting to the NBA lifestyle and everything that comes with it?

gave him a HUGE advantage over all the other "rookies" right?  not to say that he wouldn't win ROY w/o that advantage, but definitely not in the runaway fashion that appears to be inevitble.

he's not hitting that "rookie wall."

IMO, it's too early to say he won't hit a rookie wall. Dude plays pretty hard, it's hard to see him playing this hard at the end of the year, but he's done a ton of surprising things already.

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Sterling may die by 2014.

He is 78 years old. I'd never wish death upon anyone, but he has been a terrible person, maybe karma is on its way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom