BLOODBORNE Tips Trick Tactics and Gripes (><) thread

Does the Forbidden Forest blood echo glitch still work after patch? Haven't played in awhile. 

I just looked at a guide and read about all the "hidden" areas and it makes me realize that I have barely scratched the surface. This game is huge man. This is probably my best purchase, that isn't a remaster, that I've made in a long time. I really don't see any game competing with this for GOTY.

Dark Beast Paarl 
mean.gif

I nearly uppercutted my tv with joy when I took him out 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Haha quite a few things change in the game after you beat Rom.  55 also might be a little low for Cainhurst though.  I'm sure you'd be able to get through the castle itself but the boss might give you some trouble.
I might try tonight. I need a good farming spot, it costs over 20k just to level up now.
For now I would spawn at the Shadow of Yharman fight lap and fight back to the Forest lamp. 3 pigs and the big snakes you can rack up a good amount of souls in less than 5 mins.

I just looked at a guide and read about all the "hidden" areas and it makes me realize that I have barely scratched the surface. This game is huge man. This is probably my best purchase, that isn't a remaster, that I've made in a long time. I really don't see any game competing with this for GOTY.
I can't front this might be GOTY, best new IP i've played. I can't give a solid opinion however cuz idk if WiiU had some fire. But between Xbox and PS this best title. Hopefully Metal Gear will cause a GOTY debate.

Wii U hasn't dropped anything GOTY worthy in 2015. Obviously E3 is about 2 months away and there could be a game like Fallout 4 that releases this year which would probably take GOTY by default. MGS, The Witcher 3 are the only other "known" games that I can see competing with Bloodborne.

This is why I'm slightly mind blown by dudes who beat the game in 16 hours. I'm at 18 hours and I'm at the 4th boss.

Taking my sweet time b.

BB is just like DS, so it's competition is TW3.

Last edited:

This is why I'm slightly mind blown by dudes who beat the game in 16 hours. I'm at 18 hours and I'm at the 4th boss.
Taking my sweet time b.
How are you tracking your time?

If you beat this game in 16 hours you obviously used a guide the entire time, only played the main story and bosses. I've beaten 7 bosses in total (4 main story and 3 optional) and I still haven't discovered any of the hidden areas.

If you beat this game in 16 hours you obviously used a guide the entire time, only played the main story and bosses. I've beaten 7 bosses in total (4 main story and 3 optional) and I still haven't discovered any of the hidden areas.
When you go to load game instead of continue, it shows you your playtime.

I tackle everything blind, then I rely on guides when I need help.

I just realized how important improving other stats like arcane is.

I've disregarded arcane/skill, now I'm level 40+.

There's several hidden areas. If you care more about beating the game, you could retrek in NG+.

There's several hidden areas. If you care more about beating the game, you could retrek in NG+.
My boy suggested killing everything first run so you can skip the optional bosses in NG+

My boy suggested killing everything first run so you can skip the optional bosses in NG+
What's the importance of arcane :nerd:

I'm trying to knock out all bosses my first go round. I love this game but I'm not sure about doing NG+, this game is already hard as hell :lol:

shottadru shottadru we was just talking about Dark Souls 2 last night. I think I might trade in BL and Hardline and cop DkS2 as soon as it gets a price drop. I don't have the time to really run with NTers like I want and with DkS2 I could just play it the same way I'm playing Bloodborne and not have to rush. I figure by the time I finish DkS2, The Witcher 3 will have recieved a price drop too. No more $60 purchases :lol:

What's the importance of arcane
nerd.gif

I'm trying to knock out all bosses my first go round. I love this game but I'm not sure about doing NG+, this game is already hard as hell
laugh.gif

@shottadru we was just talking about Dark Souls 2 last night. I think I might trade in BL and Hardline and cop DkS2 as soon as it gets a price drop. I don't have the time to really run with NTers like I want and with DkS2 I could just play it the same way I'm playing Bloodborne and not have to rush. I figure by the time I finish DkS2, The Witcher 3 will have recieved a price drop too. No more $60 purchases
laugh.gif
Arcane gives you better item drops and increases certain weapons elemental dmg.

Oh ok. I plan on doing some OP farming so maybe I'll apply some levels to Arcane, I doubt it but we'll see :lol:

The item drop part is debunked. It only affects quantity, not quality. That is to say, if a mob has a 12% chance to drop something from it's loot table, it'll be increased with more Discovery. However, if it has a 10% chance to drop a Blood Stone Chunk and 90% to drop Twin Shards, those rates are not effected. 

The item drop part is debunked. It only affects quantity, not quality. That is to say, if a mob has a 12% chance to drop something from it's loot table, it'll be increased with more Discovery. However, if it has a 10% chance to drop a Blood Stone Chunk and 90% to drop Twin Shards, those rates are not effected. 
Can you increase discovery? I need blood chunks to upgrade my Ludwig Blade. Also what is that weapon I keep seeing in these YT vides, look like a mace with electricity :lol:

Can you increase discovery? I need blood chunks to upgrade my Ludwig Blade. Also what is that weapon I keep seeing in these YT vides, look like a mace with electricity :lol:

You'll start to find blood chunks as you keep getting farther through the game.

That weapon is called the Tonitrus, it's purchasable though the fountain or you can get one for free :nerd:

Ludwig's sword > ...

Last edited:
Father G
Vicar Amelia
Shadows of Yarnham
Rom
The One Reborn
Micolash
Mergo's Wet Nurse

Last edited:
Can someone put together a quick list of the bosses you need to kill JUST for the the story?
@swendro88  Forgot a couple story bosses. 
Story bosses:
Father Gascoigne
Vicar Amelia
Shadow of Yharnam

Rom, the Vacuous Spider
The One Reborn
Micolash, Host of the Nightmare
Mergo's Wet Nurse
Gehrman, the First Hunter
Moon Presence (Technically optional, technically story).

Option bosses in 'order':
Cleric Beast
Blood Starved Beast
Witches of Hemwick
Amygdala
Martyr Logarius
The Celestial Emissary
Ebriates, Daughter of the Cosmos

Last edited:
My list is just to beat the game.

And I had a ninja edit, because
you can finish the game without fighting Gerhman