BLOODBORNE Tips Trick Tactics and Gripes (><) thread

Anyone on NG+ yet? I beat the game a couple weeks back (HUGE Souls fan) and honestly the game seems easy. The enemies have a lot more health but their attacks don't get faster or harder to dodge. I don't play online since I don't have PS+ (I pay for Xbox Live, but bought a PS4 solely for this game) so me not being invaded by other people probably has something to do with the game feeling easy. Just wanted to gauge how you guys feel about the difficulty of the game on first play through and NG+.

I missed a ton of optional bosses as well on my first playthrough. I wanted to beat the game on my own with no outside help before looking at walkthroughs. I didn't even know you could get to Upper Cathedral Ward (the choir area) until this week haha.

It's getting easier but still challenging imo. I read that this game feels easier for some because you're suppose to be aggresive as opposed to Souls' games. I wouldn't know. I think the difficulty is fine, not too sure I'd want to play something that much harder.

You may have a point. Instead of feeling defensive like one did when playing Souls games, the dynamic shifted and made the player the aggressor for the most part. The flexibility is something new but fresh. I like it, but I feel like that feeling where you were actually scared to die is a bit muted in this release. I still think the game is amazing and that is my only gripe (if it can be called that) with it.

Here is my character:View media item 1512527

That's a lot of endurance. I feel like most enemies don't give me enough time to really utilize all of it so I just stopped bothering with it.

I want to try Dark Souls 2 but I like being the aggressor, I'm not really feeling the idea of sitting back and waiting to attack. I'm still torn

Using R2 charge attacks as the first attack when fighting enemies is what I do so the stamina gets used. Also regular double handed attacks that stagger enemies is what I like to chain together so that the enemy doesn't have a chance to attack. I also dodge out of the wazoo haha 8)

What are you guys stat like?

VIT 23
STA 13-15
STR 50
SKL 25

for some reason I was getting more of a boost in ATK with SKL then I was with STR.
Depends on what you use as a weapon. Props for rolling with that low stam tho. 

Players can probably get away with lower stamina compared to Souls games since evading uses only a little bit of the bar and there is no shield to eat it up when the player gets hit.

Can anyone confirm if there is more than one way to get a blood rock? I hear that one of the chalice dungeons has one but I haven't seen any details on it. I'm sure the info could help out other players as well.

Players can probably get away with lower stamina compared to Souls games since evading uses only a little bit of the bar and there is no shield to eat it up when the player gets hit.

Can anyone confirm if there is more than one way to get a blood rock? I hear that one of the chalice dungeons has one but I haven't seen any details on it. I'm sure the info could help out other players as well.
edit: nevermind

you have to find it in Mergo's Loft: Middle

Last edited:
I read you get one after defeating the
wet nurse

I'm pretty sure there is only one each play through and you can only get it in the last area of the game. Not from beating a boss, it's in a treasure chest or on the ground I think

It's in the area with the wet nurse. You have release something and then you can get to the area you need to. It's in a pit. Don't want to be spoil too much but it's there.

Last edited:
Yeah, I got the blood rock my first play through. I was just wondering if I will have to beat the game a dozen or so times in order to up everything to +10.

Yeah, I got the blood rock my first play through. I was just wondering if I will have to beat the game a dozen or so times in order to up everything to +10.

You can only get 1 Blood Rock per playthrough and 3 additional Blood Rocks from Chalice Dungeons. One from Nightmare Mensis: Middle Loft and 3 from Chalice Dungeons (Pthumeru Ihyll , Lower Loran , Isz , 1 per Area). Blood Rocks found in Chalice Dungeons also seem to have a Daily (?) reset(has yet to be confirmed). It has been claimed you can get a second from Chalice Dungeons if someone shares the Glyph of a dungeon containing it but this is yet to be confirmed.

http://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Blood+Rock

Last edited:
Here's a spreadsheet of Chalice Dungeon glyphs and their respective rewards. A few have blood rocks, even more have Lost/Uncanny weapons. Happy hunting. 

nightmare of mensis and this damn frenzy is irking thee **** outta me >:

nightmare of mensis and this damn frenzy is irking thee **** outta me
mad.gif
Make sure you stand behind the walls.  Anytime that light in the castle/building can see you frenzy starts to build.

nightmare of mensis and this damn frenzy is irking thee **** outta me >:

Make sure you stand behind the walls.  Anytime that light in the castle/building can see you frenzy starts to build.
Yeah it's the damn snakes that appear after you kill the werewolves and that MF throwing the rocks. I had the kids distracting me too so I'm just waiting for the wife to get home so I can dive back in

Yeah it's the damn snakes that appear after you kill the werewolves and that MF throwing the rocks. I had the kids distracting me too so I'm just waiting for the wife to get home so I can dive back in
Yeah those snakes are annoying as hell.  I'm currently on that area too, but I'm waiting until I have a little more time to dedicate.  Any time I get distracted and keep dying I start to get mad and that's when I tell myself I have to stop playing. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Started the end game last night with the true ending. Pretty dope battle. Didn't finish everything yet tho.

I have a couple of bosses left after beating the Wet Nurse and Micolash last night. I tried Ebrietas once but got smacked pretty good, I really didn't put forth any effort tho, just kind of wanted to see how she was since she's right there at the lamp. I got my blood rock last night too. I'm tired as hell right now, I was up til 2am playing. Work is gonna hurt today :smh:

I have a couple of bosses left after beating the Wet Nurse and Micolash last night. I tried Ebrietas once but got smacked pretty good, I really didn't put forth any effort tho, just kind of wanted to see how she was since she's right there at the lamp. I got my blood rock last night too. I'm tired as hell right now, I was up til 2am playing. Work is gonna hurt today
mean.gif
haha yeah u basically there now. I am gonna try to kill the last bosses b4 Avengers tonight.

Anybody knows about how long it'll take to complete the chalice dungeon requirements in order to fight the Yharnam Queen? I just beat the game, watched all three endings :smokin

roll.gif
roll.gif

Let's try to run some dungeons this weekend, Sunday might work for me. We are probably around the same level, I started NG+ yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom