BLOODBORNE Tips Trick Tactics and Gripes (><) thread

Man I never trust npc I meet. Damn patches! The one you meet in the oeden chapel. I'm over here thinking, "i ain't sending anyone over to your creepy ***." :Lol

Man I never trust npc I meet. Damn patches! The one you meet in the oeden chapel. I'm over here thinking, "i ain't sending anyone over to your creepy ***." :Lol
Perhaps not the wisest decision. 
nerd.gif

Did you kill the boss in the Grand Cathedral yet?
I got to the top of the cathedral i think? and every time I try to go to the bottom i die trying to drop down on those platforms..
Did you grab the item at the top b4 the locked door. My door told me to grab that last night to pick up a new weapon for sale, he said it's the best in the game, can't remember the name right now but its 10 racks. Was farming so I can cop it.

I got to the top of the cathedral i think? and every time I try to go to the bottom i die trying to drop down on those platforms..
Nah that's the regular cathedral. There's a grand cathedral which houses the next boss. You can either unlock the gates that open that area up with the 10000 echo key from the bath messengers, or drop to the bottom of that tower and find the shortcut behind the gates.
Gotta youtube this cuz I am not trying to farm another 10k Repped.

What general direction should you head after beating BSB? I'm kind of lost on where to go :nerd:

U got vicar Amelia , the shadows, or witches. Maybe some.npc side quest ? The hardest to me was the shadow so I leveled up about a good 12 levels .

Just beat the BSB finally

Congrats, b.  That feeling when you finally see "Prey Slaughtered" :smokin
I was popping an antidote the NPC finished him lmao

I announce to my girl every time I beat a boss and she fake cheers, she doesn't realize how real it is out here.

This. After I told my wife I beat Father G, all she could say was "you still haven't beat that game yet?" :smh:

Insight -- So you guys say it makes the enemies more difficult and have more attacks/HP.

So why do I want it..and how do I get rid of it?
laugh.gif
I have like 17 insight right now and a bunch of mad men knowledge too

Nice find dgum dgum . Just beat father gasie :smokin

I just beat him too!!! :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Does anyone know what the blackhole looking thing does? I ran into one outside of the cathedral after you meet that lil ET looking dude that tells you to send people to him.
It was like I got picked up by an invisible hand and then I was on the ground with my HP almost all gone.
Had me like :nerd:

Nice find @dgum. Just beat father gasie
smokin.gif
I just beat him too!!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Does anyone know what the blackhole looking thing does? I ran into one outside of the cathedral after you meet that lil ET looking dude that tells you to send people to him.
It was like I got picked up by an invisible hand and then I was on the ground with my HP almost all gone.
Had me like
nerd.gif
Stay away from the hand, you can 'save' people by sending them to the guy in the catherdral, you can also send them back to the Clinic where the game started. Go back there and talk to the chick to access this option. Your choice where you want them to send them, choose wisely, don't want to explain the difference and cause spoliers but use common sense which is better based on the person you are saving.

Insight -- So you guys say it makes the enemies more difficult and have more attacks/HP.

So why do I want it..and how do I get rid of it?
laugh.gif
I have like 17 insight right now and a bunch of mad men knowledge too
Use the Insight, I used like 3 to finally beat the BSB, hopefully that can be an option for bosses in the future.

Just beat the BSB finally

Congrats, b.  That feeling when you finally see "Prey Slaughtered" 
smokin.gif
I was popping an antidote the NPC finished him lmao

I announce to my girl every time I beat a boss and she fake cheers, she doesn't realize how real it is out here.
This. After I told my wife I beat Father G, all she could say was "you still haven't beat that game yet?"
mean.gif
I asked my bro last night how far I am after the BSB, he said I am still early in the game.
embarassed.gif

Don't even want to think about the bosses to come.

I just beat him too!!! :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Had me like :nerd:

Man its spoilers involved with it , let's just say u get about 25 insight and u can "see" what's really going on

^^ How do you use it?
For the BSB use the Bell of Reckoning. It will summon support. Like a COD care package.

Fast foward a few minutes but if you didn't meet Alfred it will show you how to meet him here and how to get the bell.

I just beat him too!!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Had me like
nerd.gif
Man its spoilers involved with it , let's just say u get about 25 insight and u can "see" what's really going on
eek.gif
 ohhhhhhhh....

Made the little girl cry last nite. Then she didn't answer
frown.gif
Nah don't worry, that quest line ends the same whether you give her the item or not. I'ma just say to go kill that pig in the Central Yharnam sewers now. 
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

What is the consensus on weapons? Should I stick with my cane or save up 20000 to buy that sword?

Depends.  If you like the cane and are effective with it you might want to stick with it.  I personally love the Holy Blade - copped as soon as I was able to.  Then again I was using the saw cleaver so the length on the blade came in real handy.

Honestly in the long run 20k isn't really that much - I'd suggest buying it to try out at least.  It's one of the best scaling weapons.  Let me see if I can re-locate this weapon scaling page I found the other day.

Last edited:
Here's the doc:

Shows all weapons and how they scale with all attributes.  Keep in mind that arcane only scales when you have enchanted your weapon, which I assume you get access to later in the game (I haven't figure out how to enchant anything yet).

Thank you my man, repped. I'm going to grind it out for the sword i think

Back
Top Bottom