BLOODBORNE Tips Trick Tactics and Gripes (><) thread

I killed one boss and I felt like I was a seasoned vet. I was looking at Dark Souls 2 and thinking as soon as I beat Bloodborne I can hop on DS2 and then my wife was like "calm down, it took you a few days to even beat that one boss" :rolleyes

I was still happy as hell though :rofl:

:lol: wife's gonna wife. I took a couole tries at the 2 boss. Hunter guy that transformes. Killed me twice but I will get him tonite After I load up on oil and molotovs

Don't be shy about upgrading your starting weapon as well guys.  Eventually you have to use a different type of bloodstones to upgrade the weapons so I have tons of shards left over at the moment.

I'm on the third boss, I've been able to get him down to about 15 to 20% health each time but I end up getting poisoned and can't recover and use blood vials fast enough :smh:

I'm on the third boss, I've been able to get him down to about 15 to 20% health each time but I end up getting poisoned and can't recover and use blood vials fast enough
mean.gif
You mean the Blood-starved beast?  If so, you can summon an NPC to help you before you go in.  That's how I ended up beating him.

You mean the Blood-starved beast?  If so, you can summon an NPC to help you before you go in.  That's how I ended up beating him.

Ring that bell thing? lol, completely forgot about that. And yes, blood starved beast.

I don't think it's a level issue, it takes me almost 9000 blood echoes to level up and I'm just about at 30 in stamina..

Last edited:
Man I seen a guy streaming and he was level 306 :x

My brother is having some trouble with the Cleric Beast, anybody know where you can farm some oil?

Ring that bell thing? lol, completely forgot about that. And yes, blood starved beast.

I don't think it's a level issue, it takes me almost 9000 blood echoes to level up and I'm just about at 30 in stamina..
sick.gif
 Don't OD on endurance homie. Just beat the game at level 80 with only 20. Late game you'll find you wished you saved the points for damage stats or vitality. I'd never go past 25 max. 

:x  Don't OD on endurance homie. Just beat the game at level 80 with only 20. Late game you'll find you wished you saved the points for damage stats or vitality. I'd never go past 25 max. 

Good looking out, I read that endurance was the most important stat to level by far, I have my vitality at about 25 as well. So I should concentrate on strength leveling as well?

Thanks! :nthat:

Good looking out, I read that endurance was the most important stat to level by far, I have my vitality at about 25 as well. So I should concentrate on strength leveling as well?

Thanks!
nthat.gif
My end game build was 29Vit/24End, and then I dropped 40-something points on Arcane because I wanted to go ham with the flamethrower and Tonitrus. Depending on what weapon you end up enjoying, I'd drop the rest of your points into whatever it scales with. There's actually a rune that gives you really fast stamina regeneration later in the game if you need it, but it comes from a optional sidequest that's very easy to miss. 

Be wary once you hit +6 though, there's not enough blood rock chunks to go into more than 2 weapons tops, and there's only blood rock per game for +10. Keep that in mind. 
Good looks on that I wasn't aware.  Dunno if I'll ever get rid of my Ludwig's so I should be good to go.  Thing is just too nice
pimp.gif

My end game build was 29Vit/24End, and then I dropped 40-something points on Arcane because I wanted to go ham with the flamethrower and Tonitrus. Depending on what weapon you end up enjoying, I'd drop the rest of your points into whatever it scales with. There's actually a rune that gives you really fast stamina regeneration later in the game if you need it, but it comes from a optional sidequest that's very easy to miss. 

Thanks for the help bro, I need to bounce out of the office and do some leveling lol

Originally Posted by dgum  

Quote:
Man I seen a guy streaming and he was level 306 
sick.gif

My brother is having some trouble with the Cleric Beast, anybody know where you can farm some oil?
Lol damn level 306 is OD.  Dude must be playing all day every day
Nah there was a dupe glitch before this last patch. Infinite blood echoes. Many dudes shot up levels like a mug. 

As a side note, if anyone finds themselves still having trouble dodging/rolling around enemy attacks even as you progress, try learning how to visceral attack. Easily the deadliest game mechanic in BB. 

Last edited:

Nah there was a dupe glitch before this last patch. Infinite blood echoes. Many dudes shot up levels like a mug. 

As a side note, if anyone finds themselves still having trouble dodging/rolling around enemy attacks even as you progress, try learning how to visceral attack. Easily the deadliest game mechanic in BB. 
Oh yeah I remember reading about that now that you mention it.
mean.gif

Didn't really worry about it too much though, never considered doing it myself.

I'm on the third boss, I've been able to get him down to about 15 to 20% health each time but I end up getting poisoned and can't recover and use blood vials fast enough :smh:

You need to use antidote to cure poison.

When he hits that last form you should just go Super Sayain and just get like 5 full hits in when he's transforming to nuke his health down. He's not poisoning you in that situation. From there you can hopefully out DPS him before the poison gets you.

Also, for that fight I needed to get the church garb which has high poison resistance. It's located in the Cath ward down where the prostitutes are. You go into the first part of the main courtyard facing the church and go left and down. There's the Michael Meyers looking dude there with a flamethrower.

Last edited:
visceral attacks work on most bosses?
They do, but you have to be using a 1H to be able to perform them.  Here are a few ways of doing them, but I don't know if both methods work on every boss, and there are also other things you can do on certain bosses to prompt them.  I know countershots work on Gascione but I'm not sure about the larger bosses.  I think backstrikes work on most bosses from what I've seen.

Countershot:

• Fire the gun just before the enemy attack hits

• the enemy will start to collapse

• while the enemy is collapsing press R1

• perform the high damage critical attack
Backstrike

• Hit an enemy with a fully charged strong attack from a melee weapon from behind

• this will result in a high power critical attack

Last edited:

They do, but you have to be using a 1H to be able to perform them.  Here are a few ways of doing them, but I don't know if both methods work on every boss, and there are also other things you can do on certain bosses to prompt them.  I know countershots work on Gascione but I'm not sure about the larger bosses.  I think backstrikes work on most bosses from what I've seen.

Countershot:

• Fire the gun just before the enemy attack hits

• the enemy will start to collapse

• perform the high damage critical attack
Backstrike

• Hit an enemy with a fully charged strong attack from a melee weapon from behind

• this will result in a high power critical attack
Repped, good info. To add, bigger bosses aren't parried in the same way. For example, rather than parrying during the Cleric Beast's attack, the Cleric Beast can be visceral attacked once his head takes enough damage. This can come from gun shots, or if you're able to attack the head with a longer ranged weapon (2h axe, etc.) While locked onto bosses, you'll often be able to move the right stick to see which areas of the body you can lock onto. This can provide small hints as to where to hit for a v. attack. 

Yeah, there's a special way to trigger the visceral attack for Vicar Amelia as well, but I didn't want to put too many spoilers in
wink.gif
.  Made it soooo much easier once I figured it out though.

dgum dgum i didn't try it any on the cleric beast. I figured as a huge boss it wouldn't work. I was able to get a countershot on Priest Gascione during my couple tries last night. I'll try to get him with a couple visceral blackstabs tonite

I want to say the countershot works on the Cleric Beast but honestly I can't remember from when I fought him.  But yeah on Gascione they definitely come in handy.  Be careful though, in order to trigger the backstab you have to hit them with a fully charged R2 attack from behind, which may be easier said than done on a boss like Gascione.

Back
Top Bottom