Bloomberg wants developers to build 275/300 foot apartments...here's a couple that makes it work.

6gempi.gif

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

Originally Posted by famenycity1

this is the life you live in nyc....i have a one bedroom uptown on riverside....about 1,100 sq ft....i pay $3,100/mo.

Thats the life we live!

New York City > Your City
eek.gif
eek.gif

DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH HOUSE THAT WOULD BUY YOU IN HOUSTON, TX? I CAN BUY A $250,000 HOME THAT I WOULD OWN FOR HALF THAT AMOUNT A MONTH....

SURE HOUSTON ISN'T NEW YORK CITY BUT IT IS THE 4TH LARGEST CITY IN THE COUNTRY. STILL A PRETTY DAMN GOOD CITY.

cost of living and wages are different. depending on the job/career there would be a pay cut when moving to a different city. Unless its a corporate job and they are relocating you.

For those prices I better be getting a bi-weekly BJ from none other than Natalie Portman.

Those prices are completely unjustifiable, bro.
That's 2.2 pairs of Yeezy 2's per month.

2.2!

These aren't meant for people who have an active life beyond work nor are they meant for people who want a family this is a hive.

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

indifferent.gif
The sad part about it is that people are still gonna pay for that Panic Room #@* pad.
How are micro-units in any way similar to the house in Panic Room?

Originally Posted by Legendairy Stinson

Do you realize you can get a house 3,100 just half hr away??

[NYer NTer] but your paying for the experience man! It's NY blah blah blah [NYer NTer]

Originally Posted by islandfeeling

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

indifferent.gif
The sad part about it is that people are still gonna pay for that Panic Room #@* pad.
How are micro-units in any way similar to the house in Panic Room?

I was talking about the ACTUAL Panic ROOM<--- and not the house that this ROOM<--- was in.

Thats insane, what happens if there is fire or natural disaster. You really gonna have to think this through to live a box like this, but they aint touching ninjahood's closest.

I don't think people that flip out over NYC rental prices realize that people pay those prices because they can afford it.

NYC salaries are significantly higher than the majority of the country. A 20k job elsewhere pays 40K in NYC. A 40K job pays 70K, etc.

Yeah I can get a house somewhere else for what I pay in rent....but the job and economic opportunities ain't coming with me. So the only deciding factor is really the quality of life. Expenses and income even themselves out in most cases.

The change in NYC culture irks me more than the cost of living.

Cost of livin never phased me. I live in San Fran, which has extremely comparable cost of living to NYC, and I was raised in the south so I'm accustomed to dirt cheap living. You get what you pay for. I love the city life and the amenities that come with it. I don't need all that house. I'd rather have the experience.

Everywhere I look folks are taking pictures in my city. I like that.

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

I don't think people that flip out over NYC rental prices realize that people pay those prices because they can afford it.

NYC salaries are significantly higher than the majority of the country. A 20k job elsewhere pays 40K in NYC. A 40K job pays 70K, etc.

Yeah I can get a house somewhere else for what I pay in rent....but the job and economic opportunities ain't coming with me. So the only deciding factor is really the quality of life. Expenses and income even themselves out in most cases.

I wouldn't bat an eye at dude paying 3k for his 1000+ square foot apartment in the city.  That's the norm.  However, it's idiotic beyond belief to pay $1,500 for 240 square feet of living space. 

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

I wouldn't bat an eye at dude paying 3k for his 1000+ square foot apartment in the city.  That's the norm.  However, it's idiotic beyond belief to pay $1,500 for 240 square feet of living space. 
I agree with that.

Those mini-sized apartments better come with rent prices to match, though.

I didn't see mention of the prices in the article.

Originally Posted by famenycity1

this is the life you live in nyc....i have a one bedroom uptown on riverside....about 1,100 sq ft....i pay $3,100/mo.

Thats the life we live!

New York City > Your City

have a seat sir.

Back
Top Bottom