Blu-Ray: What's the difference? How much better than DVD? Is it worth buying?

Originally Posted by derrty6232

Planet Earth is only clean after
pimp.gif

CHEA! Get some good food and pop that joint in. You'll be ZONED out ! I had a hard time believing the ocean scenes were real. paranoid.

anyone know if coming to america transfer came out right on blu ray? Best Buy has it on sale...I gotta cop that...word to zamunda

Some movies coming to Blu-Ray soon..

-Eagle Eye (Dec. 27)
-Wedding Crashers (Dec. 30)
-Bangkok Dangerous (Jan. 6)
-Friday Night Lights (Jan. 6)
-Pineapple Express (Jan. 6)
-The Express (Jan. 20)
-King Kong (Jan. 20)
-The Bourne Collection (Jan. 27)
- Pride & Glory (Jan. 27)
-Napolean Dynamite (Feb. 3)
-Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist (Feb. 3)
-Office Space (Feb. 3)
-Miracle at St. Anna's (Feb. 10)
-The Wedding Singer (Apr. 7)

Originally Posted by JPZx

-Eagle Eye (Dec. 27)
-The Express (Jan. 20)
-King Kong (Jan. 20)
-Office Space (Feb. 3)
copped
pimp.gif

-Eagle Eye (Dec. 27)
-The Express (Jan. 20)
-King Kong (Jan. 20)
-Office Space (Feb. 3)

wedding crashers, office space, wedding singer, and bourne collection will be copped.

anyone know if coming to america transfer came out right on blu ray? Best Buy has it on sale...I gotta cop that...word to zamunda

Just copped the Coming To America/Trading Places bundle at Sam's for $19.99. Coming to America looks great on Blu-Ray.

Also just watched Wall-E...The visuals were perfect but somebody explain to me how IMDB has this ranked 34th on the 250 best movies of all time list???
smh.gif

- Preciate it.

I still need to pick up Wall-e and the Nightmare Before Christmas... was expecting to get them for Christmas but didn't get either one.

Other than that Ill be getting Pineapple Express and thats about it for awhile.

Coming to America is pretty nice on blu-ray.... Trading Places isnt all that but still funny as hell.

-Eagle Eye (Dec. 27)
-The Express (Jan. 20)
-King Kong (Jan. 20)
-Office Space (Feb. 3)
I will cop Wedding Crashers and Office Space
pimp.gif

This is a good deal from Amazon...
Amazon has The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian Blu-Ray (2-Disc + BD Live) plus Wall-E on Blu-Ray 2-Disc Set + BD Live for $30 for both with free shipping. Thanks Gabriel Turf.
Next lowest on Pricegrabber for Prince Caspian or Wall-E each is $26 (or $52 for both)
You may get back up to $10 in Rebates when you purchase the above Blu-Rays + Minute Maid Orange Juice

They also have The Chronicles of Narnia Blu-ray Bundle including The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, Witch, & The Wardrobe plus Prince Caspian for $32 with free shipping. Note: This item may be ordered and Amazon will notify you when it is in stock. Thanks auhsojtrohs. [Discuss]
Next lowest on Pricegrabber for The Lion, Witch, & Wardrobe is $25 and Prince Caspian is $26 ($51 for both).

Another available Bundle is Wall-E Blu-Ray (3-Disc) Special Edition + Digital Copy & BD Live plus Prince Caspian (3-Disc) Collector's Edition + Digital Copy & BD Live for $39 with free shipping. Thanks mhurne. [Discuss]
Next lowest on Pricegrabber for Wall-E (3-disc) or Prince Caspian (3-disc) is $24 each ($48 for both)
You may also save up to $10 in Rebates with these 2 titles + Minute Maid OJ.

Basically, they want double the amount you would pay for a DVD so you can fill up the rest of the missing pixels on your 1080p television. Simple asthat
wink.gif

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Bourne trilogy(best way to see them all for the first time)
I NEED this. Anyone know a place to cop it for around 30-40?

when we were clearancing out HD movies in maybe April I bought all three for $28
laugh.gif
smokin.gif

Yea i got Ultimatum for like $10 a while back but i never found the other 2 that low... id love to have the box set on BD though
pimp.gif

Here you go...Kill Bill for $8.00 makes me think there's a special edition with a lot more extras coming out in the future...$8.00 shipping,but it'sCanada...
Amazon.ca has a few good deals on Bluray movies. Shipping starts at $8 and depends on the items you order (US$27 if you order one of each items below). Expedited shipping prices are ~$1 more. Thanks Raines8416
You may also be able to save $10 using coupon code MAPNEWNCSAVE on purchases of CAD $40 or more
Note, some titles are temporarily out of stock, and will ship when available
Items of interest (prices in USD, before shipping or discounts):

Shoot me a PM with a suggested post to split this thread (is blu-ray worth it? vs this week's releases!), change the title, or add something to the firstpost and I'll take care of it. I'm no longer subscribing to this thread.

Back
Top Bottom