Blu-Ray: What's the difference? How much better than DVD? Is it worth buying?

Got a 46" Bravia W series and a Bose 3.2.1 GS... so far the sound is nice, but I need a blue-ray movie for the PS3

can't wait to see how bourne turns out
pimp.gif

opinions on the band of brothers transfer?

Originally Posted by 11wordisbond

Originally Posted by TrueshotAura

The quality difference from DVD to Blue Ray isn't as substantial as people say. It's not like VHS to DVD.

qft

completely disagree.

if you have a TV that supports 1080p as well as 24p, there is definitely a difference.

you're adding 600 lines of resolution. those 600 lines make the image pop and appear to have depth.

Originally Posted by kuNASTY88

pimp.gif

I never saw it on TV or DVD......

I watched the first two episodes and hey mostly look pretty good....some parts have a lot of grain on it though.

Originally Posted by kuNASTY88

pimp.gif

I love the BOB transfer. I like the grainy/classic look it provides.

Originally Posted by SJSneakerheadIII

Originally Posted by sole vintage

im still waiting for fight club on blu-ray. the European collector edition was
pimp.gif
I have been reading that the Fight Club transfer was absolutely horrible. Just what I've read. I have NOT seen it for myself.
i got this and i thought it was upgrade over the DVD, i love the film and i collect steelbooks so i was copping no matter what.

I love me some YUMA. I blind bought it knewing I would love it because i'm into westerns like that. I gotta check out Appaloosa soon.

Watched 3:10 to Yuma today on BR.. pretty nice.

i have so many un-opened blu-rays in my collection.. over 15. SMH.

Originally Posted by 11wordisbond

Originally Posted by TrueshotAura

The quality difference from DVD to Blue Ray isn't as substantial as people say. It's not like VHS to DVD.

qft

roll.gif
bet this person still has a tube tv trying to watch bluray on it. oldschool zenith rocking boy

kuNASTY88 wrote:
pimp.gif

I was very happy with my purchase. Yeah, there were a few dark scenes in all three movies, but the PQ is still very good nonetheless. The AQ was excellent. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Originally Posted by dashoekid21

does xbox 360 good for blue ray dvd's??

yea bro but make sure ur xbox is standing up, i heard some people had problems when they play it while the xbox is on its side

Back
Top Bottom