Boardwalk Empire Season 5 Thread - Series Finale - Eldorado

Harrow was a goner as soon as they showed that he was going to have a happy ending. No one seems to be allowed to have a happy ending on this show.

Slater - was going to run off with Margaret, ends up dead in a crate
Gillian - finally free of all her baggage, fell in love, arrested and charged with murder
Harrow - has the family he finally longs for, about to reconnect with his sister, caught a slug to the abdomen

Sidenote: I'm sure it's dumb luck but with JFK's assassination anniversary being the other day, that whole sniper Harrow scene gave me an eerie vibe. Then him calmly walking out of the club gave off the Oswald walking out of the book depository vibe.

It's a part of the extras on HBOGO for Boardwalk Empire.  It's called, "Boardwalk Empire: Inside Sn 4 / Ep 12."

Here's the link: http://www.hbogo.com/#home/video&as...Mode=embeddedVideo?showSpecialFeatures=false/

Just watched. Good looks man (and on the PM earlier). Same to you Creek.

Getting confirmation that Harrow is gone makes the feels even worse :wow: . Hope Jack Huston gets acting work, he's a good looking dude and should have roles for him out there. Unlike Michael Pitt (Jimmy) who I for sure thought would be put in a lot of roles and I haven't heard anything from him since he was killed off.

DAMN! R.i.p to Harrow the Gawd, hope you and Jimmy kickin it in the afterlife.

Eli's ground and pound on Knox was :smokin though

Last edited:
Wonder why Nucky called Capone (who sent Van Alden) of all people to pick up Eli :nerd: .

Wonder why Nucky called Capone (who sent Van Alden) of all people to pick up Eli :nerd: .

Best working relationship out of all his allies/partners left. Not to mention Eli was the one who made the deal with Capone last season finale

Great episode. That look Narcisse had when he had to call Hoover Sir, first time I saw him weak/defeated this season

What a brilliant episode.

I loved the fact that Nucky stuck by Chalky, that dude thorough for real.

Harrow had a happy ending in my opinion, finally got his family situated. The growth he has experienced from that day in the forest is ridiculous. Died on the ocean at peace. I also agree with ya'llI saw the Godfather parallel with my mans being shot 6 times and what not.

I hate the Dr. with a passion, but when he told the mayor to get out I was like 
eek.gif

So where in the world is Daughter? Because that went over my head apparently.

Last edited:
Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible

:smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :stoneface:

My man Harrow's end was so poetic though.

Excellent scene after everything was botched with Narcisse and Hoover. This whole time he was acting above most black ppl while corrupting them with drugs and then he's basically put in a situation where he betrays what he actually believes in. What Hoover said about him was basically true. Just a colored peddler and pimp.

I wanted Knox/Tolliver dead but I just wasn't satisfied cuz I want Eli dead even more. :lol: @ Chi becoming the place you run to after killing Feds just to still do dirt.

I still can't get over Harrow, Mabel, Chalky :smh: just horrible all around. Got me like :x I knew the whole Harrow wanting to give up that murder life was important but for it to come together like that. DAMN. Mabel ain't deserve that.

I think Narcisse only care about Daughter cuz he likes her singing and most importantly she is a cash cow.

Now this ***** Narcisse is still free and Chalky looking defeated. It will be funny to see how or if Nuck and Narcisse go forward as partners since he'll still be in control of the Onyx club. Don't know if Nuck will hold true to falling back on his illegal activities or going to Cuba with Sally. I can see next season being Hoover targeting Nuck for other things with Narcisse as the mole.

:stoneface: @ Margret in the end.

I feel bad for Gillian even more now. Messed up how Nucky was so willing to reveal where the body is and put Gillian away just to get Harrow to do a hit.

Torino passes the torch to Al :smokin :wow: @ surviving that onslaught of bullets though. Right through the neck even. It reminds me of 80s cop movies and Lawless the way he took all those bullets and lived.

All in all I don't feel good about what happened in this finale as great as it probably is. It just hit me too much in the feels to be praising it.

Any thoughts on what will happen to Will? You guys he'll be taking Eli's place as Nucky's right hand?

The part where he pulled out the gold cigarette case to offer Nucky one. :pimp: :pimp:

I'm not digging the trend this show has of killing off fan favorites. It makes me feel like Chalky and Van Alden's days are numbered. I do suppose that Harrow's story was at it's end either way though. At least he died doing what he loved; staring blankly and gulping hard.

Otherwise it was a fantastic episode that really set up the next season nicely. I can't wait to see what kind of role Hoover plays and I'm excited to know that we'll be getting a lot more of Capone's story.

Also glad we got to see a bit of Rothstein being his usual ghoulish self.

Yeah I expect a cast of new characters to fill the spots, more based off of real life ppl and bigger roles for Al, Lansky, and Lucky.

I'm not that mad at it cuz they tend to always wrap up the character's story when they do kill them. Hopefully Eli dies next season.

So where exactly are Nucky and Will going? I didn't follow.
I think they're moving since you know dead fed in the living room and Eli is gone for good. I can't think of much else.

What I was lost about was what was going on upstairs while Eli was killing Knox. Had me thinking a whole other murder was going on :lol:

Eli's wife ain't no ride or die.
Shhhhh...at least Margaret pulled out the shotty when Nucky was rolling on the floor with a dude.

Back
Top Bottom