Boardwalk Empire Season 5 Thread - Series Finale - Eldorado

Harrow was one of my favorite characters but I think the most powerful scene last night was the fight between Knox and Eli.

I lost it during that scene. When Eli pulls knox , right before he can get the gun from under the table, strangles him with his tie, THEN beats his face in. That anger :wow:

I lost it during that scene. When Eli pulls knox , right before he can get the gun from under the table, strangles him with his tie, THEN beats his face in. That anger :wow:

Plus Eli saying "My son! My son!".

I almost couldn't take it...really emotional stuff.

I hope they add Bumpy Johnson next season..The time frame is perfect. Rolling in close to the 30's now.

Last edited:
I hope they add Bumpy Johnson next season..The time frame is perfect. Rolling in close to the 30's now.
I'd be shocked if they jumped straight to the 30s. They'll stick to the late 20s to document the rise of Lucky and Meyer, Al, and the fall of Masseria and probably Rothstein. A bit early for Bumpy other than him just being a henchman that gets named. Plus that's more of a Harlem thing initially.

I'll look forward to the commission starting up

Can someone explain what ended up happening with the meeting? Did Nuck just tell everyone to not show up? Wasn't too sure what was going on, might need to watch the episode again.

This episode pissed me off so much.
SO
MAD

they %$"#ED over the 2 best characters. season was so good, but this episode broke my heart :smh:

Chalky's daughter, didn't expect that :smh:

Can someone explain what ended up happening with the meeting? Did Nuck just tell everyone to not show up? Wasn't too sure what was going on, might need to watch the episode again.

I don't think there ever was a meeting. He was just seeing if his hunch was right about Eli.

One of the best shows out and i saw Libyans and Jews complaining that it was boring on twitter last night :smh:

Because it wasn't the traditional season finale, because there wasn't any end...just continuation. I'm fine with that, but a lot of people want instant gratification.

no one mentioned this, at least didn't see it, but one of the best parts of the episode was Narcisse saying "Yes...Sir" to Hoover. it pained him so much to utter that.

Because his whole thing is gaining respect and being better than other black people. But no matter how he talks or how educated he is...

Harrow was one of my favorite characters but I think the most powerful scene last night was the fight between Knox and Eli.

Great fight scene.

The fact Hoover made Narcisse say "Yes, Sir" COMPLETELY stripped him of his dignity and everything that he "supposedly" stood for. Gripping scene, IMO.

The fight between Knox and Eli was legendary. In the man's house...w/ the wife and kids upstairs. The fight seemed like it just wouldn't end. :lol:

Speaking of Eli, what's his angle w/ Van Alden now? Is he going to hook up w/ Capone in Chicago? I won't front, when the car rolled up, it was similar to the van in Breaking Bad that had the guy who could erase your life to help you start a new one :lol:

I was a little confused by that Hoover/Narcisse scene at first because I forgot Tolliver = Knox. I thought maybe it took place before this season and Narcisse was Hoover's "man in Harlem" this whole time.

Anyway, disappointed to see Harrow go. Really tragic ending for him. I'm guessing the writers realized he was overshadowing the gangsters on the show, and it's supposed to be a gangster show? Him, Jimmy, and the butler were three of my favorites on the show. I hope the writers figure out how to fill that void.

They can easily fast forward since nothing was really left hanging. Interested to see where they go with this.

Overall, I think this season was better than the last couple.

Didn't realize the guy who plays Narcisse was the dude who plays Basquiat in the 1996 Basquiat movie. Mind blown.

105250e-image-de-Basquiat-4210.jpg

I guess I'm the only one who didn't like Harrow and was sort of glad him and his storyline died. I didn't see a purpose for him after Jimmy.

And I didn't get the sometimes he was a stone cold killer and some times he had a conscious.

I knew it was a wrap for Harrow when he and Tommy shared that moment at the train station, and Julia said "What was that? Was that a goodbye?"
mean.gif
NUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!

I guess I'm the only one who didn't like Harrow and was sort of glad him and his storyline died. I didn't see a purpose for him after Jimmy.

And I didn't get the sometimes he was a stone cold killer and some times he had a conscious.

Blasphemy but the way I look at it is the at he was a stone cold killer when he could morally justify the killings. On the flip side he had a conscious when he couldn't morally justify the killings.

i.e. Killing Manny Horowitz was justified on the basis that Manny killed an innocent bystander that had nothing to with a personal war/battle going on. Whereas he couldn't kill the random guy at the start of this season since there was no real reasoning behind it besides gaining a few dollars.

Blasphemy but the way I look at it is the at he was a stone cold killer when he could morally justify the killings. On the flip side he had a conscious when he couldn't morally justify the killings.

i.e. Killing Manny Horowitz was justified on the basis that Manny killed an innocent bystander that had nothing to with a personal war/battle going on. Whereas he couldn't kill the random guy at the start of this season since there was no real reasoning behind it besides gaining a few dollars.

+ he was pushing heavy for the family life he longed for by the end of Season 3/start of 4. The guy he let live claimed to have had a family; Richard couldn't take him away from them.

Last edited:
Saw the finale last night. So good and sad. Watched the harrow video hbo put out today. Tears were shed.

Back
Top Bottom