Boardwalk Empire Season 5 Thread - Series Finale - Eldorado

It had to end sometime. At least HBO isn't going to drag it on like network television does so many of their shows.

It had to end sometime. At least HBO isn't going to drag it on like network television does so many of their shows.

Unfortunately, I have to agree :frown:. To keep the show running they would've had to move slower through episodes, I mean this really was just about the prohibition period.

Damn im pissed....one of the best shows on tv right now and i been watching since the pilot. Should definitely have at least 1 more season after the next. This past season was one of its best.

This and Mad Men ending :smh:

Expected... Viewership kept declining and it never turned out to be an awards contender so it loses out on the prestige factor.

I'm gonna throw up. This show could have gone on for seasons and seasons :smh: . However, I rather the series end on the highest note possible than drag on.

Terence Winter (creator) is working on a 70s series with Scorsese and Mick Jagger :pimp: . I would assume that should follow suit after Boardwalk wraps up.

Last edited:
Expected... Viewership kept declining and it never turned out to be an awards contender so it loses out on the prestige factor.

Yep, pretty much. And on top of that it doesn't help with the budget and production costs and no top accolades to uphold.

tumblr_ls9airouck1qavtndo1_r1_400.gif

tumblr_luro75EyGX1qa8xyfo1_500.gif

I don’t know how they can finish up all the storylines in 1 more season. The Chicago storyline itself could go for another two seasons. I just hope they Don't get sloppy and try to cram too much into the season at the expense of quality.

I don’t know how they can finish up all the storylines in 1 more season. The Chicago storyline itself could go for another two seasons. I just hope they Don't get sloppy and try to cram too much into the season at the expense of quality.
I agree with this, but I have faith in Martin Scorsese and his team, I'm optimistic.

Man, this is bittersweet news... My favorite show on tv right now, definitely gonna have to pick up the box-set when it becomes available.

I just need something to satisfy my craving for gangster/ cinema now...

Last edited:
There's so much potential for individual story lines. Of course, I hope they expand on one in particular (avy check).

tumblr_inline_msyrdmO0JQ1qz4rgp.gif

damn i'm devastated. i figured it would go six seasons at the very least. of all the shows hbo has put out BE had potential to go much longer than others because of the real life aspect to the series. this is truly disappointing news.

This will definitely happen. :smh:

one of the best things about Boardwalk is the pacing :smh: this is gonna turn out like the last season of the wire everything is gonna feel rushed

Back
Top Bottom