Boardwalk Empire Season 5 Thread - Series Finale - Eldorado

Carolyn Rothstein is played by Cousin Vicki

2vchsap.jpg

Just watched it.

Interested to see who knocked up Daughter Maitland, Chalky, the doctor, or some random schmuck

Van Alden/Mueller w/ the lulz once again :lol:

I don't understand why Torio, in his old "retired" position would even be apart of some crap like that. It's not like he has muscle anymore. If he thinks Lucky and Meyer are gon protect him, foolish

Margaret is more than likely gon use that account for herself. I don't see anymore dialogue between her and Nucky happening again for the remainder of the show.

Still wanna know who the kid that Doyle hired is. Too much emphasis on him.

Gillian's screentime is a waste of the show.

Al is too arrogant to recognize things.

3 episodes left and no bodies hit the floor yet :nerd:

Casting job on teen Nucky :wow: spot on. Still not sure how I feel about his life being flashbacked; just seems unnecessary.

I like the flashbacks and seeing how things used to be. I'll be sad when young Gillian will be introduced.

That crazy doctor better not harm adult Gillian.

Hope Chalky gets his revenge.

Damn son. You really don't pay attention. She showed up with her lawyer to get paid. What lawsuit? There was none. That was a settlement with the company which Margaret ponied up the money from Nucky. That's what I just said in my post. That's what we were told in the previous ep.

There was no lawsuit. Like you do understand why Margaret was able to manipulate her boss right? If there was a lawsuit she wouldn't be able to.Margaret isn't just blackmailing her company she's manipulating them cuz what she's doing is based off a lie
smokin.gif

Respect the hustle.It wouldn't matter if she asked for a million, she didn't even get the full amount of AR's account. She got exactly what Nucky told Margaret. No more, no less.
carolyn was already suing the company.  the money margaret paid was the settlement with the company.

everything would have went as carolyn had said if margaret didnt pay.

margaret was liable, thats why they showed her the signatures.

her job was handling money because she had to sign off on his withdrawals.

the only reason margaret is able to blackmail her bosses is because nucky paid so they owe her.

the only reason she settled for less is because she needs the money and wouldnt want to wait for how long the courts would take.

If that kid who Doyle hired is suppose to be somebody I think he'd have a better more clever fake name than Joe Harper or w/e the **** it was.

[thread="567260"] [/thread]
Damn son. You really don't pay attention. She showed up with her lawyer to get paid. What lawsuit? There was none. That was a settlement with the company which Margaret ponied up the money from Nucky. That's what I just said in my post. That's what we were told in the previous ep.

There was no lawsuit. Like you do understand why Margaret was able to manipulate her boss right? If there was a lawsuit she wouldn't be able to.

What blackmail hate? I don't think you understood what I meant or what I was saying when I said all AR's wife is doing is blackmailing. You were trying to paint this as she deserved justice for the crime. No she she just wanted money cuz AR left her none.

Margaret isn't just blackmailing her company she's manipulating them cuz what she's doing is based off a lie :smokin

Respect the hustle.
I never said that. I said she doesn't handle accounts or money hence she isn't guilty for what her boss is guilty and her company is liable for. Poor memory
Cuz Margaret said this was the deal and there would be no other. This is how you stop blackmailers. She knew the deal and knew Margaret aint playing. "You're right where you belong, aren't you?"…… "Perhaps I am."

It wouldn't matter if she asked for a million, she didn't even get the full amount of AR's account. She got exactly what Nucky told Margaret. No more, no less.

carolyn was already suing the company.  the money margaret paid was the settlement with the company.

everything would have went as carolyn had said if margaret didnt pay.

margaret was liable, thats why they showed her the signatures.

her job was handling money because she had to sign off on his withdrawals.

the only reason margaret is able to blackmail her bosses is because nucky paid so they owe her.

the only reason she settled for less is because she needs the money and wouldnt want to wait for how long the courts would take.
No she wasn't already doing that. If there was already a lawsuit underway we would've saw a scene in a court or in some office meeting room in front of a judge. The first thing she said was her lawyer told her it was very simple to get the money from the account and that she would sue if she had to. She was told they didn't have it and then she threatened suing Margaret. The scene we see is for the settlement. All she ever did was threaten to sue. She didn't actually sue anybody.

She didn't show Margaret the signatures. Her bosses did. AR's wife never had the signatures.

There was no lawsuit and there was no name in the papers. Also Margaret did not do exactly as Carolyn said. She was asking for the money in the account. Nucky specifically said he'd give a quarter on the dollar. That is not the full amount. So Margaret did not do what she said. She paid her a fraction of the full amount.

Bruh there was no handling of the money. It's not even a cash business. It's investments. Stocks. You think AR came up there with over a 100k to invest and it was Margaret who signed off on it? You must've missed that or made it up.

That part is obvious. She took Nuck's solution and turned it in to a new source of wealth for herself and she didn't need to do it by spending any more money. She basically used the threat of her relation to Nuck and her bosses involvement in this settlement along with the illegal dealings with what her former boss did

The reasons she settled for less is cuz that's all she's going to get. She knows better. All she wanted was money. If anything you argued before was true when she learned she wasn't getting the full amount she would've tried to sue the company and Margaret and make everything public but she didn't cuz she aint want no problems. She realized she's the widow of a gangster while Margaret is still married to one. She took that check and ran.

Your reasoning makes no sense. She couldn't wait to get the money through the courts where she'd get the full amount because what? The courts would take long? She needs it now instead of after a lawsuit? :lol: It just goes to show that the whole lawsuit nonsense was a bluff. If she was entitled to the full amount and could get it by suing why not get the full amount?

Last edited:
the whole point of why the bosses showed margaret the sigs is because carolyn was about to sue them, so preemptively they told margaret if carolyn proceeded she would be the one liable since her boss was dead.

handling accts doesnt mean handling cash.  margarets boss was in charge of handling accts, but margaret's job was handling her boss.  she was in charge of keeping track of his doings, and signing off on them.  therefore, if he started doing something illegal, its her job to notice it and notify someone in charge.  

had carolyn sued the company, the sigs would have come out in court.

the reason why her lawyers were there it because it was a settlement of her suit against the company.

if the company had got sued, they would have turned it on margaret. margaret would have had to come to court to answer for her sigs. upon having no valid explanation, the companys case would be thrown out and margaret would be sued (along with nucky since they are married.)  this is where the names in the papers comes from.

when you say she didnt want any problems, thats what im saying when i said she didnt want to wait for the courts.  yo said it yourself, she's broke.  she could have sued, but would have had to wait some time while the case was in court.  so she took less because she wanted it faster.  having all of it x years from now doesnt do her any good if she needs money now, thats why she took the low settlement.
 accountant: Mrs.  Rothstein is conferring with her attorney.
                   Legal action against the firm is imminent.
                   Someone needs to answer for this.
                   You said it was Mr.  Bennett.
                   Are these not your signatures, miss Rohan?

margaret:     I signed a great many pieces

accountant:  These are the ones we're interested in.
 margaret:  My employer kept the account open.
                 He traded on it.
                 I signed the orders and he withdrew money until there was nothing left.
                 Last week he shot himself.
                 The firm's near bankruptcy.
                Carolyn Rothstein knows you and I are still married.
                She's demanding we pay back the missing funds.
                If we don't, she intends to sue us both and drag your name through the papers

and That's more or less it.

Last edited:
You said Carolyn showed her the signatures she never diid that. That literally never happened since they only met twice. She never had the signatures to show.

When I say she didn't want any problems I mean that as in she didn't want to end up losing her life. This was the only deal. The only one. No suing or name in the papers would've got her the money or saved her what possibly would've been the consequences in her mind. So she took what she could get. She did not even receive the full amount and because she pushed it this far Margaret is in a position to make that money back and more.

You can have a settlement over something before an actual lawsuit is filed. As it stands nothing shows she actually went through with the lawsuit against Margaret or the company. You do know do know the word imminent means that's something is on it's way right? Not that it is currently happening. You do know the word intend means what a person is planning to do not what they're actually already doing right? Crazy to me you can actually bold the statements for me to save me time. Unless I missed the scene where is the proof that the lawsuit was already underway? When was it heard in court? You can settle before a suit is made you know.

Also the company is liable for any wrongdoings. They'd be the ones getting sued if one was ever made. You thinking they'd turn it on Margaret doesn't mean that she'd then be sued. That's not how it works. The case doesn't disappear for the company. Margaret was their employee.

If that kid who Doyle hired is suppose to be somebody I think he'd have a better more clever fake name than Joe Harper or w/e the **** it was.

Joe Harper is the best friend in The Adventures of Tom Sawyer. Tom. Tommy?

Tom Sawyer is also the book Chalky pretended to know how to read when we met Purnsley in the jail.

Joe Harper is the best friend in The Adventures of Tom Sawyer. Tom. Tommy?

Tom Sawyer is also the book Chalky pretended to know how to read when we met Purnsley in the jail.
:lol:

I was wondering/waiting for somebody somewhere to look up a connection. I'd say the first part was a bit of a reach but since the book itself was used in that Chalky scene there might be something to it even though with like 3 eps left it's a stretch. Too late in the gem if they're gonna spring this on us.

Like I'll really hate it if the kid even tries to kill Nucky. Too young to have revenge in his heart. **** would make you wonder what happened to all the adults in his life, Harrow's girl, his sister, her husband, etc. I do assume the father of Harrow's love interest is dead by now.

Last edited:

I was wondering/waiting for somebody somewhere to look up a connection. I'd say the first part was a bit of a reach but since the book itself was used in that Chalky scene there might be something to it even though with like 3 eps left it's a stretch. Too late in the gem if they're gonna spring this on us.

Like I'll really hate it if the kid even tries to kill Nucky. Too young to have revenge in his heart. **** would make you wonder what happened to all the adults in his life, Harrow's girl, his sister, her husband, etc. I do assume the father of Harrow's love interest is dead by now.

Didn't look that up, and I have rewatched the first few seasons semi-recently and more than twice :lol:

You said Carolyn showed her the signatures she never diid that. That literally never happened since they only met twice. She never had the signatures to show.

When I say she didn't want any problems I mean that as in she didn't want to end up losing her life. This was the only deal. The only one. No suing or name in the papers would've got her the money or saved her what possibly would've been the consequences in her mind. So she took what she could get. She did not even receive the full amount and because she pushed it this far Margaret is in a position to make that money back and more.

You can have a settlement over something before an actual lawsuit is filed. As it stands nothing shows she actually went through with the lawsuit against Margaret or the company. You do know do know the word imminent means that's something is on it's way right? Not that it is currently happening. You do know the word intend means what a person is planning to do not what they're actually already doing right? Crazy to me you can actually bold the statements for me to save me time. Unless I missed the scene where is the proof that the lawsuit was already underway? When was it heard in court? You can settle before a suit is made you know.

Also the company is liable for any wrongdoings. They'd be the ones getting sued if one was ever made. You thinking they'd turn it on Margaret doesn't mean that she'd then be sued. That's not how it works. The case doesn't disappear for the company. Margaret was their employee.
come on brah first its was she was bluffing, she doesnt have any lawyers now its but she was never going to file it
laugh.gif

maybe you misinterpreted the scene, but carolyn didnt call margaret to her house to tell her she was blackmailing her, margaret sought her out and went over there to try and persuade carolyn that she was innocent and to drop the case because the company didnt have any money.

margaret actually messed up telling her the company was broke, because that fixated her attention on her instead.

like if margaret hadnt gone over there, how would carolyn even have known she was involved or even had the idea to get money out of nucky?

carolyn was broke and needed money, so she twisted margarets arm into paying her instead of having to wait for court.

its like the lottery, do you take the lump sum or the payouts?

i never said carolyn showed margaret the signatures, i said that the company had them and would use them against her in their lawsuit.

as far as the company being liable, how does it not follow that the company is liable and margaret worked for the company on the specific account. they have evidence of her complicity, how is it that she is not liable as well since she "signed off on it"?  

margaret working for the company makes her a part of the lawsuit against the company.

neither one would be absolved, that was my point.

Last edited:
Bruh, at this point there was no lawsuit and there isn't gonna be one, Carolyn's blackmail scheme only worked for a fraction of the money, not only does Margaret keep her job but now she's stacking paper on her own account. You can't prove the lawsuit is underway off of what we've seen or what was said. All you're doing now is imagining things and making up things that I've never said :lol:

I mean when did I say she didn't have a lawyer? :lol: Some of the first things out her mouth was about her lawyer and what he told her but I'll just ignore that cuz you mad. You were wrong and the story on the show has moved past this bull **** you're still on. Margaret aint going to jail for this, she didn't help cause the wall street crash, and just like any other criminal on this show she's doing her dirt to get by. You can like it or leave it.

Didn't look that up, and I have rewatched the first few seasons semi-recently and more than twice :lol:
Oh well good memory then.

I would assume you'd at least read the book though or looked it up.

All you're doing now is imagining things and making up things that I've never said
laugh.gif
mean.gif

can you spot all of the inconsistencies?
 She wasn't flirting with Kennedy.
 Her company doesn't suspect her at all for what her dead boss did.
 None of what she did can even be traced back to her. The illegal account her boss was still using after AR's death has nothing to do with her.
 If anything you could point to her boss who committed suicide as one of those guys that led to the crash cuz that's exactly what dudes like him were doing when it was going down. 
 I'm not sure why you're stuck on somebody being sued when that's not even the threat she made.
 The only actual threat is her going to the papers and making this public
 Yeah man at this point you just making **** up.
 The whole I talked to my lawyer and it's all open and shut is a lie. How can she get money from the investment firm that's bankrupt if she talked to her lawyer?
 Then she should sue the firm not Margaret.  
 Her boss kept the account open to do w/e he did. Margaret had no control over that.
 No she can't. She has no proof.
Which wouldn't mean anything in a court of law because Margaret was working for the company under her boss's orders doing all of those things.  
  The news story would be Nucky Thompson's wife is being sued by AR's widow.
 She never said she was going to sue Nucky
  All she did was sign the papers along with her boss for him to keep using money from that account.
 Her boss wasn't withdrawing cash and making moves with it.
 she wasn't profiting from it so it wouldn't go back to her when her boss eventually closed the account or got caught.
 The only evidence that exists is her signatures for when her boss was still using the money from AR's account after he died.
 All she ever did was threaten to sue.
 You think AR came up there with over a 100k to invest and it was Margaret who signed off on it?

Last edited:
What does her not flirting with Kennedy have to do with anything? :lol: :lol:

You so mad you can't even prove what you say now, you just chopping up my posts and quoting them out of context to try and feel better about yourself :smh:

I specifically ask you when I said one thing and you came back with a whole bunch quotes about some other stuff and yet still didn't provide the quote of what I asked for.

Last edited:
im just showiing you how you much you switched your position and how many times youve been wrong the whole time.

i didnt pull anything out of context that is word for word what you have said

i just highlighted to illustrate the parts where you either were wrong or were inconsistent in your statements.

Last edited:
You sound bitter. I know what you think you were doing. It isn't the first time you filled up a post with nothing but quotes within quotes within quotes :lol: I know you'd have an excuse though despite what you think showing isn't that. Nothing inconsistent if you've been paying attention.
I thought the thread agreed you two should respond to each other through pms.
It should be done. What I said was gonna happen basically happened like I thought it would.

Son just salty. He thinks because he hates Margaret and I disagree with him that means I must love her and defend her no matter what instead of just pointing out his bias and where he's wrong.

Last edited:
from gate you tried to jump down my throat about my opinion on margaret 

then on top of that you tried to to tell me what i just watched wasnt what i just watched and then tell me somehow it makes margaret look good

when i showd you the hbo synopsis you wanted to ignore it

i showed you the quotes from the show.

you dismiss those as well.

i showed you how all the times you were wrong and all the inconsistent things you have said.

you tell me that im just quoting pyramids for my health

eyes.gif

margaret aint making no damb money on her own now w no account
laugh.gif

respect the hustle 
roll.gif

she has that account only because nucky has a use for her now, before this she was irrelevant to him 
laugh.gif

he tryna get his revenge on Kennedy

Back
Top Bottom