Bobby Shmurda Shucking and Jiving for his Epic Record Deal

Apparently dude got burnt/scammed on the deal based on his video cussing and complaining about how he sees no money :smh:

This boy is a Grade A certified lost negro, but it still hurts my heart to see how these white folks do us when they know one of us is hardly literate and desperately in need of some kind of remedial education.

Selling crack since like the fifth grade, indeed. :smh:

Last edited:
Once again black people are ashamed to not be on our best behavior "in Front Of White folks". This Kid doing a dance that he would do in his own culture on his own spare time, now it's shucking and jiving because the people are white in a boardroom ?

He isn't the problem in this picture at All. He was doing something that is enjoyable in his culture and has helped him captivate many people in his culture. The problem is the 50 yr old white people sitting at this table trying to monetize on a culture and demographic they don't understand or care about. The crazy part is that many of their sons/daughters are sitting back WISHING they could do what bobby is doing.

Not only did fam have to do the underground rail road shimmey, someone lied to him and told him he wasn't gonna be a one hit wonder.

Just evil to the core :smh: :frown:

And nah, this video isn't "shucking and jiving. "

Negroes dance. It's what we do.

The evil here, as other dude said, is that these devils are here watching the dance in order to peep if it's of pertinent value.

The dance ain't meant for the people in this room. :smh:

It's like when the auctioneers tell you to run in place to see how fit you are :smh:

Last edited:
Apparently dude got burnt/scammed on the deal based on his video cussing and complaining about how he sees no money :smh:

This boy is a Grade A certified lost negro, but it still hurts my heart to see how these white folks do us when they know one of us is hardly literate and desperately in need of some kind of remedial education.

Selling crack since like the fifth grade, indeed. :smh:

This is what i don't get he's a dude who comes from one of the poorest and most dangerous neighborhoods in NYC, puts himself in position to take everything negative that happened in his life and repackage it in song form to make money and change the trajectory of his self and all those dudes around him. But he's lost.

However the Old 50 yr old men who are already well off and far from being desperate for money and have been highly educated through their entire life. They promote this they provide the vehicle & platform for this kind of music, push these kind of artist and feed it to the public... these guys are just businessmen who aren't being held accountable for clearly leeching off a subculture of blacks and using it to fatten their pockets.

Why are we demonizing the 20 year old kid who isn't as well educated & is starving to get his family to a better place, but celbrate and honor the men who already have ate from music and continue to willingly push a form of music that they KNOW leads to the issues.

But hes sitting there putting on a fake performance for 30 ppl

Yall blaming the ppl in the room but hes the one looking stupid for 5 mins just for a record deal when he obviously doesnt need them if he got hot without them

What happened to sitting down & conducting business

This is what i don't get he's a dude who comes from one of the poorest and most dangerous neighborhoods in NYC, puts himself in position to take everything negative that happened in his life and repackage it in song form to make money and change the trajectory of his self and all those dudes around him. But he's lost.

However the Old 50 yr old men who are already well off and far from being desperate for money and have been highly educated through their entire life. They promote this they provide the vehicle & platform for this kind of music, push these kind of artist and feed it to the public... these guys are just businessmen who aren't being held accountable for clearly leeching off a subculture of blacks and using it to fatten their pockets.

Why are we demonizing the 20 year old kid who isn't as well educated & is starving to get his family to a better place, but celbrate and honor the men who already have ate from music and continue to willingly push a form of music that they KNOW leads to the issues.

Because the 20 year old black kid doesn't know any better and feels as though the only way to make it is to demean himself and his culture by entertaining the 50 yr old white men. And the cycle doesn't end because we're all in search of the all mighty dollar and will sacrifice any and everything that makes us unique for it.......

Last edited:
Everyone defending this dumb ****...

Would ya'll do it?

I have shmoney dance'd in a room full of black & whites my age who are into the hiphop culture and never felt ashamed.... why would i feel ashamed to do it while i'm getting a check that can potentially help get me, my family & homies out a bad situation.

I hope a lot of the people criticizing this man are self employed or have done some real research on the CEO's of their companies because i'm pretty sure A LOT of them are viewing you in your suit everyday in the same light they Viewed Shmurda dancing on a table singing bout guns.

That's what ya'll don't understand... stop living your life under the scope of what white america thinks is "right" or shameful, because whether you stick to your culture or try your hardest to fit in theirs, at the end of the day if they have negative perceptions of black people those perceptions aren't gonna change because you "act right"

Am I the only one that feels like WE, as in black people, are the main ones who have a problem with what WE do?

B07kBnMCcAIXddr.png

Got a damn Smith agent in the office judging the performance :smh:

"We're not so different you and I Mr. Shmurda"

He signed the deal after the song took of just to profit off the single
but he didn't need to.

that's what i don't get.

if you have a song that goes viral & is doing keef/bobby type numbers?

get a distribution deal with iTunes & cash out.

what's a record label really bringing to the table anyway in 2014? honestly. 

you know who also had the hottest song of the summer? every other 1 hit-wonder that came and went

I can't believe some of you are this blind when it comes to business.. this is just business, there's only one color and that's green. This was done june-july, this was before the song was so hyped and mainstream. Money is money, do you truly believe they just give out advances like candy at the doctors'? What world do you live in? How delusional are you?

Music is a business, point blank, they look at bobby shmurda like a cash cow, i'm investing 5million in this guy, will i see half of that in a year? Will he make 10-20m for us? Is he marketable? Does he fit into the market as it is now? Is he a 1hit wonder?

Some of you are truly amazing, the delusion that companies just have millions of dollars in a vault somewhere, a bad deal can bankrupt you, especially in a weak market like music, where i repeat their bread and butter- CDs, is garbage and now they have to have a licensing deal with Apple to have their song(s) in Itunes.

Wake-up, it isn't about putting the black man down, it's about making money.

Why would anyone want to profit off of something like this?

This is real life. Why would give this type of behavior and culture a global platform?

You really think that's OK?

This.

I thought this was common in the industry... These labels aint just about to drop a bunch of money on a dude that dropped out of nowhere with just 1-2 tracks out... And for a dude that's known essentially for a dance and a lot of energy in his vid/performance, what else did ya'll expect him to showcase...

It only looks awkward because he's by himself. If his crew was around him and in the background as usual, I'd think we'd see some different reactions. People just saw one dude in a tie and a bunch of other Caucasians, and jumped to this assumption...

Plus, there was a group of people to the far left that seemed to be vibing and nodding there heads in likeness...

Way too many overreactions to this...

CRYING @ the slide across the table like he was Mama Payne / Dragonfly Jones...

Than you.

Did yall want him to sit there with his hands in his pockets?

you know who also had the hottest song of the summer? every other 1 hit-wonder that came and went

I can't believe some of you are this blind when it comes to business.. this is just business, there's only one color and that's green. This was done june-july, this was before the song was so hyped and mainstream. Money is money, do you truly believe they just give out advances like candy at the doctors'? What world do you live in? How delusional are you?

Music is a business, point blank, they look at bobby shmurda like a cash cow, i'm investing 5million in this guy, will i see half of that in a year? Will he make 10-20m for us? Is he marketable? Does he fit into the market as it is now? Is he a 1hit wonder?

Some of you are truly amazing, the delusion that companies just have millions of dollars in a vault somewhere, a bad deal can bankrupt you, especially in a weak market like music, where i repeat their bread and butter- CDs, is garbage and now they have to have a licensing deal with Apple to have their song(s) in Itunes.

Wake-up, it isn't about putting the black man down, it's about making money.

Why would anyone want to profit off of something like this?

This is real life. Why would give this type of behavior and culture a global platform?

You really think that's OK?

You realize there are people in the world that sell drugs, guns and people right?

Because the 20 year old black kid doesn't know any better and feels as though the only way to make it is to demean himself and his culture by entertaining the 50 yr old white men. And the cycle doesn't end because we're all in search of the all mighty dollar and will sacrifice any and everything that makes us unique for it.......

He demeaned his culture because he doing a dance that he would freely do with his friends and family? but instead of doing it for free he was performing a song that was going to Ink him a million dollar deal? That's demeaning........

Let's unfold another topic about "Greeks" praising a fraternity & Dancing in front of whites all the time repping something that's heavily rooted in European culture. OR those same "Students" putting themselves a few 100K's in debt, all to get a paper from a school, which in all actuality has a dean or several high ranking alumni who don't give a **** about black people and would probably bring segregation back if given the chance.

why is it Okay for a black kid to join a Greek organization and dance at the drop of a dime, pay 100 of thousands to a white owned university, all to "get ahead" but it's deplorable for a black kid to dance and get himself a million dollars and put himself in a position where he could possibly turn that million into several other successful businesses.

Seems like a lot of yall didn't watch Puffy's Making Da Band.

The whole music industry for black artists can be seen as nothing but cooking and buffooning shucking and jiving yassa massa'in all day every day.

If you're familiar with Bobby's dance you already know it's just an old man two step with some extra swaying of the arms and what not. So if he's signed to a real label you'd have to know he had to do something like this several times to get his deal.

He's young and doesn't know any better from that standpoint. It's all gimmicks and trying to come up on an angle. Plus he in LA, aint that fake town central?

Quite frankly this video is a smoke screen. If yall want to be serious why aren't yall more concerned with the lyrics he wrote than him 2 stepping for a bunch of ARs and interns? I been selling crack since da 5th grade ring any bells?

Regardless of what Shmurda's music portrays, it's music for our people, our culture. When you have "outsiders" critiquing it and wanting to make money off of it, it undermines us. We don't even have control over our own negativity
This is some bull ****.

****** want change but they don't really want to change.

Also you need to wake up to the music industry. This is how it's always been. All these outsiders are doing is molding and crafting the ignorance that is apparently for our ppl and our culture. The **** I want to control the negativity? If this is how you see it then this is a simply case of Bobby selling out.

but he didn't need to.
that's what i don't get.
if you have a song that goes viral & is doing keef/bobby type numbers?
get a distribution deal with iTunes & cash out.
what's a record label really bringing to the table anyway in 2014? honestly. 

That advance money, nobody really buying music, get that quick loan & worry about the rest later :smh:

Patience is really a virtue, son would rather look silly lip singing in front of dudes who dont know wtf hes saying than trying to build his brand do shows & probably still be in the hood for another 4-5 months

But look at him now, crying about not seeing money :smh:

Back
Top Bottom