BORDEAUX 7S JULY 18th 2015

OG color ways are so overexposed at this point, it's hard for me to get excited about them anymore..:smh:

I'm in for the these definitely, I want them to bring the Raptors and the Flints out as well. Slept on the Raptors in 2012, money was tight.
Raptors i'm sure are coming. Now those flints.. PLEASE SNEAKER GODS!

Naw, just like Cardinals aren't confirmed. Only things that are confirmed are the Hares, Bordeaux's, French Blues, and the Marvins. (Along with that purple and grey women's FTLOTG). I'm just assuming personally that the Olympics/FTLOTG's won't drop, because 1)They don't have to drop, as they're not OG's, and the Olympic Vl's didn't drop last year so clearly Nike doesn't feel it's necessary, and 2)It just would've made sense for one or the other to drop on July 4th. Of course Nike is Nike and could surprise me. And i've heard a few people say that they expect the Olympics to come out again.

As a black/red colorway, I'd be highly surprised if Nike didn't drop the Raptors, and now that these are confirmed for July 4th I definitely expect to see them on Black Friday. They do have more black-based 7's to choose from however (Chambrays being one) and they could do what they did in 2013 and create an entirely new colorway. (Know a lot of people expected them to release the Black Metallics, but they didn't)
Cardinals will come. But they sat on shelves where I was a few years back. Don't think so this time around. Olympics are most def OG in my eyes man. You know the 6's and 7s dropped same year a few years back. One will resurface this year, I'm betting on the 7s. When though? Who knows. Just because they don't drop on July 4 (Bordeauxs are) there is another Saturday in the month where they can drop. Patience... We will see. Raptors on Black Friday.. I don't see it. If anything, it will be the Black/Cement 4s (still rumored) and just like the BRED 13S last year (the release before the 11s), thats when I see the Raptors coming back, if they do.. or heck the weekend before Black Friday. My 8 cents. :D  

If anything, based on the last few years, it should be the exact opposite for a Black Friday release. Black-based retor model for that year's anniversary, along with another colorway and model coming out right before the Christmas 11 release. Switching it up this year would be incredibly random.

OG color ways are so overexposed at this point, it's hard for me to get excited about them anymore..:smh:

Idk if I am reading this right but if you are complaining about OG cw being gr then shame on u

He's complaining about how often most get re-retroed. Besides each following version usually being inferior to the last, it's really only a hoarder's complaint.

If people stop sitting on all of those pairs/babying them, then they'd feel a little differently about knowing that they'll more than likely be back in the next 3-5 years.

Last edited:
I'm starting to throw the Bords back into my rotation. I thought it was going to be another 19 years for these to drop. The beasts are going to go bananas over this release, quite the contrast from '11 before the shoemaggedon

Last edited:
I'm starting to throw the Bords back into my rotation. I thought it was going to be another 19 years for these to drop. The beasts are going to go bananas over this release, quite the contrast from '11 before the shoemaggedon

Dear JB,,,TO SOON to Retro these classic CW again :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh::smh: :smh:,,,but will cop though :rolleyes

Last edited:
I think with the VII, the OG colorways are more of a sure thing, so that's why we get them so often.

Retro+ VII's don't seem to do too well as GR's. It's not like the III silhouette that seems to do well in any colorway.

Personally I think it's the colorways they decide to release.

He's complaining about how often most get re-retroed. Besides each following version usually being inferior to the last, it's really only a hoarder's complaint.

If people stop sitting on all of those pairs/babying them, then they'd feel a little differently about knowing that they'll more than likely be back in the next 3-5 years.
This right here!!

Dear JB,,,TO SOON to Retro these classic CW again :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh::smh: :smh:,,,but will cop though :rolleyes
Both infrareds last year had both just been retroed 4 years prior. So i dunno what u expected with this year being "The Year of the VII's and them not releasing arguably the most popular OG AJ7 which also has been 4 years since they've dropped. Just sayin. Not all of JBs consumers were buying retros Js 4 years ago, for whatever reason, and havent had all these chances at getting these OG colorways. And choose to not pay high resell price for the past ones or refuse to risk their money trying to find a good deal on ebay. Jus another point of view that's all.

The nerve of JB to release these on the Fourth of July! I don't even think any malls are open around my way. Sure as hell wouldn't expect them to open just for these lol

I think with the VII, the OG colorways are more of a sure thing, so that's why we get them so often.

Retro+ VII's don't seem to do too well as GR's. It's not like the III silhouette that seems to do well in any colorway.

Personally I think it's the colorways they decide to release.
Truu, 02 did well with french blues and flint greys!! The pacifics wouldve been greatness if they were actually white, but..... Orions garbage, but while i dispise the black, red and yellow release with that gawd awful yellow stiching, the masses actually ate those up.

I wasn't complaining about anything, I was just stating that the majority of the OG color ways we all know and love are overexposed. That in itself is obvious, but as you stated yourself, the newer renditions always seem to lack something as time goes on.

We can all want a black cement III with NA (for example) and Nike on the sole, with premium leather, build, and durability, but we all know that JB would find it easier to just bastardize the model...OR..make it so limited that people have to pay top dollar for a resale pair, buy a fake, or just pass on the shoe altogether...

I do enjoy and appreciate OG color ways, but the hoarders mentality you were talking about stems from people thinking that these shoes might not be out again for a longer stretch of time. For example, if hindsight was 20/20, I'm sure most people would have stocked up on bred 4's, white cement 4's, and black cement 3's from 99 and 01 respectively because of the length of time it took for each shoe to drop again....albeit in less quality than it was before.

The beasts/resellers are gonna go crazy about these because this time around y'all talking about them like they the second coming 
laugh.gif

When these came out 4 years ago and dudes barely even acted like they cared.

The most I heard dudes discussing about these last time was how they don't really "go with anything". Welp... Nobody matches anymore, plus they seen how famous ****** wore them.

So apparently these have become "must-haves" for everybody.

This is gonna be a GR and I got the plug, so this will be an easy release. Might even cop 2, to go along with my '11 pair.

But once again, y'all setting yourselves to get beat out by Hypebeasts, resellers, and BOT boys. 

Good luck with all that 
laugh.gif

This is all pointless, Jb says that they are re releasing EVERYTHING as apart of the remastering project. Its annoying every time someone says "These just came out"; with JB remastering retros and this year being the year of the 7 they are going to bring back many OG 7's and they should. I personally was not a bing fan of the 2011-2012 7's at all because of shape/quality so its a win win for those( primarily Old Heads who didn't like the 2012's or anyone else who just missed out) who want to own a new remastered pair of these 7's. 

And the Chicago 10s and the Double Nickels are the same shoe, just because they have the 45 does not mean its an entirely different shoe. Whit a pair of jeans you may not even be able to see the difference and tell if you are looking at the 2012s or the 2015s. 

The beasts/resellers are gonna go crazy about these because this time around y'all talking about them like they the second coming 
laugh.gif

The most I heard dudes discussing about these last time was how they don't really "go with anything". Welp... Nobody matches anymore, plus they seen how famous ****** wore them.

This is gonna be a GR and I got the plug, so this will be an easy release. Might even cop 2, to go along with my '11 pair.

But once again, y'all setting yourselves to get beat out by Hypebeasts, resellers, and BOT boys. 

Good luck with all that 
laugh.gif

Yup. 

I only used the word complain because it was in my head due to that being the term ol' boy I quoted used. No offense intended.

I don't really agree with your point of overexposure, because if I like something I would prefer to always have access to it without paying some lame middleman. If that means everyone and their grandmother having the same thing, then I'll take it.

Other than that and my belief that the world won't end if you no longer have a shoe for a while due to thrashing your current release, I see what you're saying 100%.

Lord knows that I wish I jumped on a bunch of pairs before things got to their current state.

laugh.gif

Good luck with all that 
laugh.gif

Lmao, you're hyping these up. 

People have said this about the Grapes, the Legend Blues, etc…. all have been easy cops...

I only used the word complain because it was in my head due to that being the term ol' boy I quoted used. No offense intended.

I don't really agree with your point of overexposure, because if I like something I would prefer to always have access to it without paying some lame middleman. If that means everyone and their grandmother having the same thing, then I'll take it.

Other than that and my belief that the world won't end if you no longer have a shoe for a while due to thrashing your current release, I see what you're saying 100%.

Lord knows that I wish I jumped on a bunch of pairs before things got to their current state.

You good.

Don't say "easy cop" round here no more or you'll be attacked. I agree tho. Repped.
gotcha 
ohwell.gif

That was just my experience… Grape 5s, I literally went on Eastbay a hour later copped my size… That's just ne example. All I'm saying is that it's ridiculous to overhype these… 6 months before release.

Don't know if it was mentioned yet, but I have these releasing on 7/18 not the 4th. It might have changed to the 4th though I am not sure. They aren't a very patriotic release, but then again, the "Thunder" 14s released on that date last year I think.

Last edited:
gotcha :\

That was just my experience…All I'm saying is that it's ridiculous to overhype these… 6 months before release.
Okay so it should be just as ridiculous to say easy cop 6months before release then too right?! Lol

gotcha :\

That was just my experience… Grape 5s, I literally went on Eastbay a hour later copped my size… That's just ne example. All I'm saying is that it's ridiculous to overhype these… 6 months before release.
Couldn't agree more.

Back
Top Bottom