Breaking Bad Thread - "El Camino" - A Breaking Bad Movie on Netflix 10/11

I was thinking like everybody dies. We see them die. We know they're dead. Just a flashback to that moment where it set their two fates, and everybody's fate in motion, that point where he trades the piece for weed. On some Jesse says no to trading the piece, and Walt and Jesse just cross paths in the hallway without saying anything. Maybe a head nod. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Another wild card to think about is Sal Goodman's other henchmen. The dude with the red hair. WW knows he can trust him, and may utilize him to infiltrate Todd's network. Another layer I was thinking about was Todd's obsession with the girl Lydia. WW has to have figured this out by now also and may use her to manipulate Todd into getting rid of his uncle on his own. Possibly blow up the lab with all of them in it?

My second vote: WW and Jesse murk everyone, pin the entire thing on Lydia/Todd/Todd's uncle's, then move to Europe and continue cooking under new identities and aliases but the legend of "Heizenburg" lives on

BigJ - did you post your prediction for the finale?

I don't really have one, I never got into the weekly predictions other than once in awhile.

I don't think Gretchen and Elliott will die because if Walt would really want to make them suffer, he'd try to destroy Grey Matter entirely. Also, many saw Walt watching Gretchen and Elliott as "He wants revenge" but it could just be "He's already lost Grey Matter, he's not going to lose his blue meth and money again. The Aryans are going down, obviously. Jesse is probably going to kill Todd or get Walt's assistance in doing so. I'm not that confident Skyler and the kids die. Primarily because many thought that would be Walt's motivation for coming back to town, but as we saw, he wants his money back from the Aryans.

My original prediction/what I wanted to see was more Michael Corleone-esque with Walt finally being the undisputed king, but it cost him his family and Jesse and he was just left alone waiting to die. But the show didn't go down that path back when I originally saw that idea.

Someone I talk to here at work mentioned that on the tv, Gretchen, Elliot, or Rose mention the Blue Meth still being around. They think THAT is what Walt was reacting to, not what they were saying about Gray Matter.

Almost like they slipped in the blue mention real quick, then changed the subject and distracted us.

He may not even do a thing towards Gray outside of maybe his "showdown" hitting the news and he embarrasses them again after they claimed he was no longer around.

Someone I talk to here at work mentioned that on the tv, Gretchen, Elliot, or Rose mention the Blue Meth still being around. They think THAT is what Walt was reacting to, not what they were saying about Gray Matter.

Almost like they slipped in the blue mention real quick, then changed the subject and distracted us.

He may not even do a thing towards Gray outside of maybe his "showdown" hitting the news and he embarrasses them again after they claimed he was no longer around.

He definitely reacts to both news. He clenches a fist about Gray Matter and you can see the wheels spinning in his head about that blue. Let me find a YouTube link

I mean - I think it has to be everything hitting him at once. His family rejected him and wouldn't accept his money. His signature blue meth was still in circulation even though he's been out of the game for a year. AND Gray Matter just claimed that his only contribution to the company was coming up with the name. He realized he wasn't giving his family anything and he wasn't going to be remembered or more importantly, respected by anyone. Basically, his sacrifice and hard work was for nothing.

The whole Grey Matter interview just reminded Walt that the kind hearted, nice guy "Walt White" that they knew is dead and all that is left is this "Heisenberg".  Also, the thing about blue meth might have caused a reaction in Walt in that he thinks someone is taking credit for his creation (blue meth) and stealing his legacy as Heisenberg. There definitely won't be any action by Walt towards Grey Matter.

The absolute only way Walt's family can see any money though is if some how some way Walt gets Gray Matter to 'reimburse' Walt for being one of the founders of the company. Because there's no way the family can get any money that's drug related. So there *might* be some action by Walt towards them. Violence? Spilling the beans on something to the public? I dunno. Not even sure we'll see GM in the next episode really.

Another thing I read was maybe Walt's ego was so big that when he left Grenchen/Gray Matter, he figured they wouldn't be able to prosper without him. But they went on to make billions I guess further searing his rage.

Last edited:
I don't really have one, I never got into the weekly predictions other than once in awhile.

I don't think Gretchen and Elliott will die because if Walt would really want to make them suffer, he'd try to destroy Grey Matter entirely. Also, many saw Walt watching Gretchen and Elliott as "He wants revenge" but it could just be "He's already lost Grey Matter, he's not going to lose his blue meth and money again. The Aryans are going down, obviously. Jesse is probably going to kill Todd or get Walt's assistance in doing so. I'm not that confident Skyler and the kids die. Primarily because many thought that would be Walt's motivation for coming back to town, but as we saw, he wants his money back from the Aryans.

My original prediction/what I wanted to see was more Michael Corleone-esque with Walt finally being the undisputed king, but it cost him his family and Jesse and he was just left alone waiting to die. But the show didn't go down that path back when I originally saw that idea.

Great insight, bro.

Let me ask everyone...is it out of the realm of possibility that Skylar and Walt had the whole knife attack and phone conversation (obviously not Hank's death) as part of a plan? Walt is VERY calculated and manipulative....this is why I'm really thinking if the two of them had this planned out beforehand to protect her and the kids down the road.

Is anyone looking forward to seeing some of the cast in others shows once it's over? So far Gus is in Revolution on NBC, Hank is on Under the DOme on CBS, Betsy Brandt is on the Michael J. Fox show on NBC, and Badger is on this comedy on CBS called I love you mom.

I'll admit I haven't watched Revolution or Under the Dome. Just doesn't seem to interest me, but the Michael J. Fox show looks good.

I'd be shocked and not in a good way if Walt went along with any plan that could turn Jr against him.

Great insight, bro.

Let me ask everyone...is it out of the realm of possibility that Skylar and Walt had the whole knife attack and phone conversation (obviously not Hank's death) as part of a plan? Walt is VERY calculated and manipulative....this is why I'm really thinking if the two of them had this planned out beforehand to protect her and the kids down the road.

Yes it's out of the realm of possibility. Walt is calculating but there's nothing smart about the knife attack. Period. :lol: It was pretty clear that he thought they'd stick together as a family back then. When he saw there was a clear divide between him and Skyler/Flynn, he realized it was over. All of it.

I have no theories, no predictions, and honestly no expectations for the finale..I'm trying to go into it with a blank mind..That way I won't be disappointed if something does or does not happen..And I won't feel let down that they didn't end it in a particular way..I feel digging too deep and over thinking it will take away from, what I'm sure, will be an all time classic series finale..

The absolute only way Walt's family can see any money though is if some how some way Walt gets Gray Matter to 'reimburse' Walt for being one of the founders of the company. Because there's no way the family can get any money that's drug related. So there *might* be some action by Walt towards them. Violence? Spilling the beans on something to the public? I dunno. Not even sure we'll see GM in the next episode really.

Another thing I read was maybe Walt's ego was so big that when he left Grenchen/Gray Matter, he figured they wouldn't be able to prosper without him. But they went on to make billions I guess further searing his rage.

He left all his work there and they used it to be successful, so I cant see him not having faith in his own work. As it stands Walt just seemed defeated at that point. Remember those flashback scenes when he and Gretchen were in the classroom? He was on top of the world then, even when he and Skylar were buying that house, he was so confident. Something killed his spirit and turned him into an under achiever. I saw the pilot a few weeks back and the man had a nobel prize on his wall. He could have been teaching at any Ivy League school, but he chose a HS :smh:. He told Jesse he checks the market every week to see how much Grey Matter is worth.

His rage/Heisenberg was fueled then, and Cancer brought woke it up. In the pilot episode you can see it when he blackmails Jesse.

Last edited:
I do recall when Sklyer came home and saw Walt and Flyn watching Scarface. It just so happened to be the ending part when Pacino was going Rambo style through his house....

before the kingpin dies :nerd:

It's been mentioned in here a few times but I do feel like Lydia does probably work for Gray Matter and they're probably the european distributors.

And I remember them watching Scarface too. I took that as foreshadowing as well. 

I have no theories, no predictions, and honestly no expectations for the finale..I'm trying to go into it with a blank mind..That way I won't be disappointed if something does or does not happen..And I won't feel let down that they didn't end it in a particular way..I feel digging too deep and over thinking it will take away from, what I'm sure, will be an all time classic series finale..

Agree 100% with this.

Managing expectations for this show is hard though. It's been so good.

It's gonna suck about a month from now after we got all our thoughts and feelings out of the way. Motion to archive this thread. :pimp:

Bear with me y'all.

The wood working thing is still stuck on my mind. Vince gave 'woodworking' as a hint for the final episode. There was a casting call for a woodworker, 18-30 for Breaking Bad SIX MONTHS ago. Seen it on Reddit. Some NTer in here maybe 3 pages back said the music during the credits of S3 ep9 is the same music from the last episode. I didn't really check but what I do know from that episode is that's the episode Jesse talks about trading his wood working piece for weed.

I really think this is going to tie in big in the finale. The finale is Felina. Blood Meth Tears? Anagram for finale? That one El Paso song? Yes but also feline in Spanish. We already know about Heisenberg. Erwin Schrödinger another physicist, who had a theory, Schrödinger's cat, a scenario presents a cat that may be both alive and dead, depending on an earlier random event.

I think people will die in the finale, maybe everybody, Walt, Jesse, but then it's some crazy rewind flashback where we see Jesse not trade that wood work piece in that instance, and his life never 'breaks bad'. Walt's and Jesse's life course doesn't lead up to the meth game and destruction if Jesse never traded that wood work for weed.

Everybody is alive and dead, according to that cat theory.

I been thinking way too much about this show hopefully it made some sense
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Bear with me y'all.

The wood working thing is still stuck on my mind. Vince gave 'woodworking' as a hint for the final episode. There was a casting call for a woodworker, 18-30 for Breaking Bad SIX MONTHS ago. Seen it on Reddit. Some NTer in here maybe 3 pages back said the music during the credits of S3 ep9 is the same music from the last episode. I didn't really check but what I do know from that episode is that's the episode Jesse talks about trading his wood working piece for weed.

I really think this is going to tie in big in the finale. The finale is Felina. Blood Meth Tears? Anagram for finale? That one El Paso song? Yes but also feline in Spanish. We already know about Heisenberg. Erwin Schrödinger another physicist, who had a theory, Schrödinger's cat, a scenario presents a cat that may be both alive and dead, depending on an earlier random event.

I think people will die in the finale, maybe everybody, Walt, Jesse, but then it's some crazy rewind flashback where we see Jesse not trade that wood work piece in that instance, and his life never 'breaks bad'. Walt's and Jesse's life course doesn't lead up to the meth game and destruction if Jesse never traded that wood work for weed.

Everybody is alive and dead, according to that cat theory.

I been thinking way too much about this show hopefully it made some sense
:lol:

+1

Back
Top Bottom