Breaking Bad Thread - "El Camino" - A Breaking Bad Movie on Netflix 10/11

Originally Posted by Big J 33

With plenty of time until the new season starts, I highly recommend taking the time and read a little of this whenever you have some free time. It's an episode by episode breakdown of last season with the creator. It answers a lot of questions, (like is Gus dead
laugh.gif
), and is just a really interesting and in-depth look at the season.

Courtesy of the AV Club
Spoiler [+]
When Breaking Bad’s fourth season began airing, the show had been off the air for more than a year, and had left fans hanging with the question of whether Walter White’s desperate gamble to keep himself and his partner, Jesse Pinkman, alive would be successful. In the interim, the show won two additional Emmys (for performances byBryan Cranston and Aaron Paul, as White and Pinkman, respectively) and accumulated the kind of buzz only rarely seen by TV dramas—it became a show viewers simply had to see. So the pressures on season four were higher than they’d ever been. Showrunner Vince Gilligan recently walked The A.V. Club through each episode of the nail-biting season. Spoilers abound, so beware.
boxcutter2_jpg_627x1000_q85.jpg

Box Cutter

Originally Posted by wildmoodswings

laugh.gif
 at entertaining the idea of Gus still being alive. That would be absurd.
Half his face was gone after being in such near contact with an exploding oxygen tank, and you think the writing staff is trying to tease fans? How clearer should the writing staff make things? 

Should his brain have rolled out on the ground for you guys to be convinced he's dead? 
30t6p3b.gif
But...but...but...in the Dark Knight, Two-Face.......
nerd.gif

I just watched the last season of The Shield.
That's the standard that Breaking Bad has to live up to. Seriously.

Originally Posted by beh235

Originally Posted by Lou Baton

I want to be part of this thread so bad but I'm just finishing season 2 tonight so I'm not going to read anything yet. I have 3 and 4 though so I'll be caught up on time for season 5.

Trust me, you'll love it.
I watched the entire series in 2 weeks.  I couldn't stop once I started.  The fourth season was the best in my opinion. I'm really kind of disliking Walt though.  And Skyler put on a ton of weight between the 3rd and 4th seasons.

laugh.gif
 at entertaining the idea of Gus still being alive. That would be absurd.
Half his face was gone after being in such near contact with an exploding oxygen tank, and you think the writing staff is trying to tease fans? How clearer should the writing staff make things? 

Should his brain have rolled out on the ground for you guys to be convinced he's dead? 
30t6p3b.gif
This is worse than when ppl said Jesse didn't kill Gale and the creator had to state in an article he was dead and that he wasn't pulling some Soprano's !!+#.

Who messes with the blowfish, Jeff?
roll.gif

Season 4 finally out on Blu Ray this Tuesday.

Also:
http://blogs.amctv.com/br...5/late-night-encores.php

Breaking Bad Late-Night Encores Return to AMC in June

How did a public school teacher become Public Enemy Number 1? If you haven't been keeping up with the series Time magazine calls "TV's best drama," you might not have the faintest clue. Fortunately, AMC is encoring all four seasons of Breaking Bad with multiple episodes airing late night every night starting Sun., Jun. 11. Stay up late or set your DVR to watch the entire series in order from the beginning. Witness Walter White's dramatic transformation and get ready for the new season premiering Sun., Jul. 15 at 10/9c on AMC.

While I was in the process of embracing the greatness of the show this year, I introduced a classmate to it, and he loved it instantly. I was midway through the series when I introduced it to him, but he was watching the show at a faster rate than I was. A couple months ago, I told him I just finished season 3, and asked him which point he was at in the series. He also said he had just finished season 3. We talked about everything that led up to that point and how reluctant Jesse seemed to pull the trigger.

And then, out of nowhere, he asked me "Did you see when they killed Gus?" 
indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

I have never been so angry at something being spoiled for me in my life. Seriously. I replied, "Uhh, no. -_-" Then he quickly said, "Aw, dude, I'm so sorry," and tried to downplay the significance of Gus dying. The way he tried to downplay it, he made it seem as though it happened in the first few episodes of the fourth season. Him asking me that question ran through my head the entire day. How the $$%% do you forget that both instances occurred a season apart?

Originally Posted by MrONegative

But...but...but...in the Dark Knight, Two-Face.......
nerd.gif
In the TDKR thread I still can't believe some people think he's still alive 
laugh.gif
.  Sometimes people think too much and not realize something that's obvious.  I blame the movies that have ambiguous / unclear endings.

Sucks about getting spoiled on Gus' death but I don't think it's that major of a spoiler. I'm pretty sure everyone expected the season to end with Gus dying and Walt winning because there would have been no way for them to really coexist after what happened in season 3. It was just a matter of when and how.

Any second thoughts on Gus going was probably due to how awesome they made his arc and backstory in season 4.

The finale of season 4 almost seemed like a perfect ending for the entire series. I'm not complaining though.

I just have no idea in what direction they take the show for these final 16 episodes

Originally Posted by srvballer

The finale of season 4 almost seemed like a perfect ending for the entire series. I'm not complaining though.

I just have no idea in what direction they take the show for these final 16 episodes
There's a bigger fish out there, even bigger than gus. If you remember correctly, Gus's chicken join was a small chain part of a larger corporation. That's the same corporation that supplied the industrial air filtration system they were talking about (at no charge without a money trace at that) so I'm 100% sure that the corporation is well aware of Gus's meth ring. Now with gus gone, I'm willing to bet the big daddy corp gets involved somehow. Bigger threats and more money and power to throw around as well. 
Of course this is just a theory based off nothing but my fan speculation. 

In the newest Entertainment Weekly, they say Cranston hints at a new, non-Mexican "power source" that poses problems for Walt and Jesse.

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

Originally Posted by hymen man

Official Season 5 Poster:
538162_805342635582_1415909415_n.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

"No matter what they say, I am still the king. Now, the storm is coming; the storm is coming in." 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Brand New lyric fits perfectly.  Well done.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom