Breaking Bad Thread - "El Camino" - A Breaking Bad Movie on Netflix 10/11

yea no doubt his acting is sharp.. but damn throw in some b's and yo's in, i miss it

"this is my own private domicile and i will not be harassed....... BTCH!"
He said "Yo" when he was talking about the frozen food he's been eating.

Dinner scene was hilarious, especially Jesse's facial expressions (those .gifs are golden) - had me coughing I was laughing so much.

I wish he would've went into detail as to why he took the 5K.

And Walt won't quit the business until he makes more than what Grey Matter is worth AND 'till he sees the company's/couple's downfall.

Let that man COOK!

the awkward dinner scene was theeeee bessssst.

I was laughing so hard, out of embarrassment for Jesse and the timing of his story and overall lines...so good.

I'm surprised nobody brought up Todds's jailhouse connects.

This might come into play next season when Walt finally decides to get rid of all the Legacy debts.
Very interested to see how this season plays out, and even more interested to see how Mike stays part of the operation.

I believe Mike gets killed before th end of this half season.
I thought this was the final season?

Ok, so I've seen this show brought up on NT for a while. Never watched it myself. Is it THAT good?

I'm a big fan of:
House, Dexter, OZ (R.I.P.), The Wire (R.I.P.), The Newsroom.

What do you think? Worth the watch?

Ok, so I've seen this show brought up on NT for a while. Never watched it myself. Is it THAT good?

I'm a big fan of:

It is worth it! Drama, action, comedy, it has the perfect balance. There's probably only been one episode where the plot doesn't move forward, but the show is awesome. I've literally been watching this show for only a month. I caught the first 3 seasons (before they added S4) on Netflix and couldn't stop watching.

I'm a big fan of:

Go watch it and GET OUT OF THIS THREAD!!! Here is the first scene of the first episode

My notes ep. 6:

-Dinner scene was my favorite part

-fav qoute "im in the empire business"

-walt will use todd more as a hitman like he  tried to do with jesse in perivous ep.

-jesse is becoming aware how col walt is becoming (listening to walt whistle rubbed him the wrong way)

-mike is getting soft now, becoming one of my least fav characters now

-dnt believe walt in the whole "i settled/sold out and lost billions," think that was another way  of him manipulating jesse

-skylar needs to die already n marie, both sooooo annoying lol

-i miss the old skylar when she got on her knees and got busy with ted

gif need to be made of

"im in the empire business"

"u damn right"

jesse facial expression in the dinner scene

Yes it's absolutely worth the watch. Few shows match the tension and suspense, along with outstanding acting by the lead actors.

A poster on Reddit made an excellent point/observation on why Walt is still selling. Not solely for power or the thrill....

Walt's speech about Grey Matter tied the entire series together, and I think that it will be a vital talking point when Walter White the character is discussed years down the line. Here's why.

In the scene with Jesse in his house, Walt basically put the final piece in a puzzle that the viewers didn't even realize the construction of. Now, for the first time since the show began, we truly know why Walt does what he does. For years, he had been embarrassed by his failure at Grey Matter, and his idiotic mistake of taking the $5000. This is something that has haunted him for his entire life (he checks Grey Matter's value weekly, apparently).

Now think back to the pilot. He and Hank watch the news report about Hank's bust. He sees piles upon piles of cash, more money than he could ever imagine making as a teacher. Now, we're made to believe that his first thought is of his family, but after tonight's episode, I think differently. I think his first thought is of his mistake at Grey Matter, and of the potential money that he could make cooking meth.

At first, of course, providing for his family was a big part of the plan. But at the end of the day, it all came back to his self-centered nature. He doesn't just want to make the $737k for Skyler and Walt Jr. For him, making the money is a way to prove that he hasn't wasted his life. He is using his chemistry skills in an incredibly profitable way.

So he keeps going. And going. And going. For a while in Season 3, he splits with Jesse, and what is it that gets him back in the business? His arrogance over Jesse cooking with his formula. At this point, it's no longer about providing for his family. It's about making money, proving to himself that he can be better than Elliott. More importantly, he's now seen Gustavo Fring. He's seen how far someone can go in the meth business. He's seen his ultimate goal.

Walter is a man who is primarily driven by jealousy and a desire to be better than others. This is prevalent in everything from his meth business to his marriage. In "Buyout", he revealed what's been driving his choices, his emotions, this whole time. His mistake at Grey Matter, and his potential loss of billions (with a "B") of dollars. I don't think Walt will be truly satisfied until he leads a meth empire that rivals Grey Matter in terms of worth. I'm planning on rewatching the series from the beginning, and I guarantee that little hints of this character aspect have been present from the beginning. Here's one you might remember, just off the top of my head.

"Do you know what would happen if I suddenly decided to stop going into work? A business big enough that it could be listed on the NASDAQ goes belly up. Disappears! It ceases to exist without me."

-- Season 4, Episode 6, "Cornered"

Remind you of anything?

No disrespect but I find it funny that people will go into a show thread and ask if it's worth watching :lol:

I mean I get where you're coming from, but I recall The Wire threads and other show threads where you have people who absolutely love the show and others who think they're overrated. Reading through the thread it piqued my interest, but I wanted some direct feedback. Where better to ask? When I watch a show I go all in, which means I have a lot of catching up to do, and I don't want to waste time. Imagine a show like "HEROES" which was awesome Season 1 and 2, then completely died.

just saying

Ricky Hitler aka Laundry aka Little Matt Damon is a sociopath. I bet money on it. Man this show is so great.

My notes ep. 6:
-Dinner scene was my favorite part
-fav qoute "im in the empire business"
-walt will use todd more as a hitman like he  tried to do with jesse in perivous ep.
-jesse is becoming aware how col walt is becoming (listening to walt whistle rubbed him the wrong way)
-mike is getting soft now, becoming one of my least fav characters now
-dnt believe walt in the whole "i settled/sold out and lost billions," think that was another way  of him manipulating jesse
-skylar needs to die already n marie, both sooooo annoying lol
-i miss the old skylar when she got on her knees and got busy with ted

gif need to be made of
"im in the empire business"
"u damn right"
jesse facial expression in the dinner scene

Possibly the worst analysis i've ever read.

A poster on Reddit made an excellent point/observation on why Walt is still selling. Not solely for power or the thrill....

Walt's speech about Grey Matter tied the entire series together, and I think that it will be a vital talking point when Walter White the character is discussed years down the line. Here's why.

In the scene with Jesse in his house, Walt basically put the final piece in a puzzle that the viewers didn't even realize the construction of. Now, for the first time since the show began, we truly know why Walt does what he does. For years, he had been embarrassed by his failure at Grey Matter, and his idiotic mistake of taking the $5000. This is something that has haunted him for his entire life (he checks Grey Matter's value weekly, apparently).

Now think back to the pilot. He and Hank watch the news report about Hank's bust. He sees piles upon piles of cash, more money than he could ever imagine making as a teacher. Now, we're made to believe that his first thought is of his family, but after tonight's episode, I think differently. I think his first thought is of his mistake at Grey Matter, and of the potential money that he could make cooking meth.

At first, of course, providing for his family was a big part of the plan. But at the end of the day, it all came back to his self-centered nature. He doesn't just want to make the $737k for Skyler and Walt Jr. For him, making the money is a way to prove that he hasn't wasted his life. He is using his chemistry skills in an incredibly profitable way.

So he keeps going. And going. And going. For a while in Season 3, he splits with Jesse, and what is it that gets him back in the business? His arrogance over Jesse cooking with his formula. At this point, it's no longer about providing for his family. It's about making money, proving to himself that he can be better than Elliott. More importantly, he's now seen Gustavo Fring. He's seen how far someone can go in the meth business. He's seen his ultimate goal.

Walter is a man who is primarily driven by jealousy and a desire to be better than others. This is prevalent in everything from his meth business to his marriage. In "Buyout", he revealed what's been driving his choices, his emotions, this whole time. His mistake at Grey Matter, and his potential loss of billions (with a "B") of dollars. I don't think Walt will be truly satisfied until he leads a meth empire that rivals Grey Matter in terms of worth. I'm planning on rewatching the series from the beginning, and I guarantee that little hints of this character aspect have been present from the beginning. Here's one you might remember, just off the top of my head.

"Do you know what would happen if I suddenly decided to stop going into work? A business big enough that it could be listed on the NASDAQ goes belly up. Disappears! It ceases to exist without me."

-- Season 4, Episode 6, "Cornered"

Remind you of anything?

Check the article I posted a few pages back, it touches on similar ideas.

Feel like a scumbag. Only watched like the first 4 episodes of the first season then jumped right into the current season. Def gonna back track after the end of the first half of this season.

Back
Top Bottom