Breaking: Does New Photo Prove Trayvon Martin Killing Was Self-Defense?

Maybe but how can you claim self defense when you started everything?

well thats the thing. Zimmermans lawyer has to try and convince a jury that while he followed and approached Martin, he didnt start a physical confrontation. IMO, I dont think a jury will go for that and he'll prob end up doing some time

Very solid points.
At the end of the day America doesn't have much value for the life of a black person. We're generalized half the time and seen as animals. So when we're falsely imprisoned, falsely executed on death row, falsely profiled, murdered, more 30% more then other citizens, nobody cares. Blacks rarely make media when it comes to murders, unless their the perp. But once every 5 years or so when we do get media coverage over a black person being killed, mostly by the hands of another race, theirs always much reasoning and debating behind it. Many reach, instead of seeing facts.
Maybe one day our life will be as preciously valuable as other races...
From an objective point of view: you have to look at it from Amercia's perspective as well. If blacks only make up 12-13% of America's population but the prison population is highly consisted of black males (40%+) which means that black males are the ones who are normally doing most of the crimes such as murder, robbery, etc. Then you combine the fact that once a person leave prison they are more than likely to go back to prison doing another crime. Also note that there's more black males incarnated than black males in college. There's more but pretty much, black males aren't doing very much to have America on its side.

it could have happened after.
How? He called 911, was told not to interfere, killed the kid in cold blood, and then got in to an altercation with someone else who messed his face up that badly yet there wasn't some separate investigation in to that assault?

Or are you saying those are self inflicted wounds?

Last edited:
As an attorney, all of you are talking out of your ***. None of you can say if Zimmerman is guilty or not, all the evidence hasn't even been presented and the trial hasn't even started yet.
There isn't a lawyer trick in the book that is going to make the jury look past the fact that Zimmerman got out of his car, and then the confrontation somehow ended with him killing an Innocent boy in someones back yard.

I've been involved in probate and criminal trials, and it's one thing I realized, and that's lawyers are full of it.  And they drag cases on with a bunch of useless filler to get that peso.  Even when they know they have no chance of winning

Maybe but how can you claim self defense when you started everything?
well thats the thing. Zimmermans lawyer has to try and convince a jury that while he followed and approached Martin, he didnt start a physical confrontation. IMO, I dont think a jury will go for that and he'll prob end up doing some time
And this is what I hope the prosecution can get across--that the mere act of following and approaching a stranger in a questioning manner could lead to an altercation.  And you can't claim self defense when you initiated the entire scenario.  Also, this is where I think the fact that Zimmerman didn't heed the dispatcher's advice will be an issue.  So you call 911 for help and are advised to stand down until police arrive, but you turn around and do the complete opposite?  Seems weird to me.  And obviously ignoring the dispatcher's advice isn't illegal, but it does show a severe lack of judgment, IMO.  A lack of judgement that helped lend to someone dying.  

There isn't a lawyer trick in the book that is going to make the jury look past the fact that Zimmerman got out of his car, and then the confrontation somehow ended with him killing an Innocent boy in someones back yard.

I've been involved in probate and criminal trials, and it's one thing I realized, and that's lawyers are full of it.  And they drag cases on with a bunch of useless filler to get that peso.  Even when they know they have no chance of winning

It's FLORIDA

You don't need a trick

I'm sure the prosecution in FL thought the same exact way as you just did in the last big trial they had...

From what I see so far, Zimmerman can walk easily if his attorney play their cards right. Zimmerman is still alive, which plays to his advantage in my opinion.

Last edited:
I fail to see why a case of hispanic on black crime has become such a big story. Usually, stories about minorities killing each other never make the news.

I'm sure the prosecution in FL thought the same exact way as you just did in the last big trial they had...
From what I see so far, Zimmerman can walk easily if his attorney play their cards right. Zimmerman is still alive, which plays to his advantage in my opinion.
That case was a totally different circumstance.

Your right, him being the only one alive out of the two gives him leverage; if that 911 tape didn't exist.  The existence of that 911 tape gives an accurate account of what actually happen up until the moment he got out of his car.  Which he was specifically told not to do on tape. 

That tape buries him.

Last edited:

That case was a totally different circumstance.

Your right, him being the only one alive out of the two gives him leverage; if that 911 tape didn't exist.  The existence of that 911 tape gives an accurate account of what actually happen up until the moment he got out of his car.  Which he was specifically told not to do on tape. 

That tape buries him.

not following a 911 operator's instructions isn't against the law though.

The Media, Music Industry, and Athletes have done a great job of whipping this case into a racial war. As far as it goes, Zimmerman is guilty already.
If anyone with common sense and complete objectivity would actually sit down and review the case, understand the details, and incorporate Florida law - they would see that Zimmerman has absolutely so chance of being convicted for second-degree murder. No way. It shouldn't even be a murder-case (involuntary manslaughter at best) , it's such a weak case. The media and public outcry pressured the state to charge him with second-degree murder.
The case could even easily get dismissed before the trial if a judge finds justifiable proof that it was self-defense (since Florida has very lenient self-defense laws).
This case is so weak from the prosecution's end of it and they know it. Don't make this about race, because race is the only reason why Zimmerman got convicted in the first place.

I bet you wouldnt be saying this if this was your kid who was coming from the store minding his business and got shot and killede

:lol: @ "voice recognition done by a reporter".
We don't know who's voice it is yet, so please stop.
And his mom saying its his voice means just as much as GZs dad saying it was his sons.

It was a former FBI agent that did the voice analysis.

And those of you saying that race isn't a factor in this are incredibly naive and live in a fantasy world.

Bottom line is, I can't see how you can prove self defense, when the 911 recording proves that Zimmerman aggressively pursued Trayvon.

And those of you saying that race isn't a factor in this are incredibly naive and live in a fantasy world.
Bottom line is, I can't see how you can prove self defense, when the 911 recording proves that Zimmerman aggressively pursued Trayvon.

Race is a factor in this case for you because the television made it that way. :smh:

Last edited:
[h1]Judge denies delay in Zimmerman's June trial[/h1]
Trayvon Martin would have turned 18 Tuesday.

Instead, lawyers for George Zimmerman, the man accused of murdering the teen, and prosecutors were back in court where a judge denied a motion to delay the June 10 trial date and heard arguments about evidence.

Meanwhile, Trayvon's family and local leaders have planned community healing and memorial events this week in honor of the teen whose shooting death last year sparked national debates about race, gun laws, and the meaning of self-defense.

Zimmerman, a neighborhood watch volunteer, is facing a second-degree murder charge in the Feb. 26 shooting of the 17-year-old in a gated Sanford, Fla., community. Zimmerman is claiming self-defense. Trayvon's family argues the young man was profiled, pursued, and murdered.

In court Tuesday, Judge Debra Nelson denied a motion by Zimmerman lawyer Mark O'Mara to delay the trial date. O'Mara argued that the prosecution has been slow to turn over evidence and that he does not have enough time to prepare his case.

"We're four months away from trial," Nelson said. "The court has no reason to continue  the case."

Earlier, Assistant State Attorney Bernie de la Rionda and O'Mara traded arguments.

"The state has been trying to try this case in the courtroom," de la Rionda said at one point. "I don't know if that's true of the defense."

O'Mara, however, continued to press the importance of the Internet. "I spend virtually no time on Twitter and the website because it doesn't matter that much," he said. "But we cannot ignore the avalanche of information that is flowing through the blogosphere."

In addition to the trial date, several other issues came before the court.

Nelson approved a motion by Zimmerman's lawyer to subpoena credit card  sales records from the 7-Eleven Trayvon visited the night he was killed. She also ordered de la Rionda reveal tests performed on the phone that investigators sent to California to get unlocked.

Lawyers also had lengthy arguments about Witness 8, a young lady who claims she was on the phone  with Trayvon as the confrontation between him and Zimmerman started.

Nelson ruled that Witness 8 can be asked about her Twitter handle before she is deposed by the defense but that any other questions must be posed during her deposition.

In addition, a scheduled deposition of Benjamin Crump, an attorney for Trayvon's family, was postponed after a lawyer he hired entered into evidence a 15-page affidavit explaining how Crump found and interacted with Witness 8. Nelson said she and the lawyers for both sides will read the affidavit and determine whether any more information is needed.

To mark what would have been Trayvon's birthday, community leaders in Sanford are hosting a "Banding Together for Peace" program Tuesday to recognize the need for community healing and solidarity. The event, held in Goldsboro, a historically black part of the city, includes the Sanford Police Department, the NAACP, local city officials, and Crump.

On Saturday, in Miami, where Trayvon lived, an event dubbed the "I am Trayvon, Day of Remembrance Peace Walk" will feature motivational speakers, entertainers, and free food.

On Sunday, The Trayvon Martin Foundation, set up by the teen's parents, Sybrina Fulton and Tracy Martin, will host a fundraising dinner with several guests including Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson.

Trayvon's death and the murder case against Zimmerman has remained a topic of public interest as court hearings continue. Nelson scheduled the next hearing for March 5.

Zimmerman remains free on $1 million bond -- with GPS monitoring-- while awaiting trial.

Last edited:
Glad the trial didn't get delayed.

Race is a factor in this case for you because the television made it that way.
mean.gif
You just don't get it do you champ, SMH.

Last edited:
looks like trayvon had hands.....

he put hands on ole boy so bad, dude ran to the car to get the strap.

that's exactly what happened.

he accosted the teenager, they had an exchange, the teenager beat that ***, he went and got a strap.

how you in fear of being killed when you had time to retrieve a gun? you could have just gotten inside the car and drove away.

Back
Top Bottom