BREAKING NEWS: DEAD BODY FOUND ON CHIPPER JONES' TEXAS RANCH!!!!!

They are saying that the person was Illegally in the states and prolly died from a heat related illness. Also that Chipper or none of his family are suspectedas anything.

[h3]Body found on Chipper's ranch[/h3]Man likely died from extreme Texas heat and drought By Alden Gonzalez / MLB.com

08/21/09 10:38 AM ET

The dead body of a 22-year-old man was found Thursday morning on Chipper Jones' family ranch in southwest Texas, according to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

A ranch foreman discovered the man's body at about 6:30 a.m. local time. Jones' father, Larry Jones Sr., then called police and left a message for the Braves' third baseman on his answering machine, and Chipper Jones called his father back later in the morning, The AJC wrote.

Jones Sr. said the man had entered the country from Mexico illegally and that the extreme heat and drought would have made it difficult for him to survive without food or water.

"He was in a part of the ranch we don't go to on a daily basis," Jones Sr. told The AJC from his ranch in Carrizo Springs, Texas, on Thursday night.

The Jones family has owned the 10,000-acre ranch, located 130 miles southwest of San Antonio, since 2000. Named Double Dime Ranch because Chipper Jones wears No. 10, just like his father did in his playing days, it's home to 750 heads of steer and various other wildlife. The ranch offers guided tours, a rifle range, stocked lakes for fishing and a hunting lodge.

Chipper Jones visits the ranch several times a year during the offseason and for Thanksgiving, The AJC wrote.

In another article they said that Texas has been going through a stretch of something like 83 straight days of 100+ weather. That is ridiculous.The tri-State just had 8 or so straight days of 90+ and im ready for it to cool down just a little. But damn 83 days of 100+ I'd be ready to die.

I saw this earlier. Sad news, but
eek.gif
at a 10,000-acre ranch.

damn, thats crazy. RIP to the guy.

on another note, I hate you Chipper!!!!!

Sincerely,
Depressed Mets Fan
frown.gif

Ive been listening to the new Cam'ron gangsta grills. ANd he opens up on of the songs "My paper...YEA my paper/got me sittin on 5acres..HIHATERS"

5acres is so damn laughable.

83 days of 100+ heat? I must have missed all that... It's hot, but it's only broke 100 in DFW a handful of times all summer... 95-99 consistent though
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

83 days of 100+ heat? I must have missed all that... It's hot, but it's only broke 100 in DFW a handful of times all summer... 95-99 consistent though
laugh.gif
Yea that was in the Fox News article. But I cant quote their articles here at work. For some reason it #!$#* up the reply box when I try to pasteit.

Originally Posted by ElijahDukes

how is this "BREAKING NEWS"?
grin.gif

Sry it wasnt about the Nationals organization being found dead somewhere. But it technically is Breaking News. It just got reported. I could change it to justNEWS if it would make you happy.

Back
Top Bottom