#Brexit vote is now VOL. RIP European Union.

I wasn't talking about the pound specifically,just the consequences across so many different sectors along with the long term economic consequences.

They currently have no major trade deals with countries and those take years to draft up. Many of the leave voters won't even be alive to see some of them come to fruition :lol:

It's definitely gonna be interesting seeing in just what shape their economy will be in as the uncertainty becomes apparent and the nationalistic fervor dies down a little

Last edited:
BREAKING: EU leaders vow "no renegotiation" on different terms to keep Britain in bloc.

I wonder if they'll make exceptions for Scotland and Northern Ireland given that they voted to stay...

Last edited:
I feel no sympathy for people who destroy themselves. The rise of nationalism and racist sentiment and the ignorance of the population throughout England led to this. The truth is many have never been happy being in the E.U. The had an enormous empire, beat Germany in 2 World Wars (with American help) and Germany is the more powerful nation today and will continue to be. A Brexit won't change this and if Scotland and Northern Ireland break away, the UK is finished. Irish reunification is very likely given that the North should've never belonged to England. Sinn Féin has a good chance of getting it done. The Protestants/Unionists should be deported to England if they are so loyal to Britain.

Just to be clear, I have nothing against the English who voted to stay. I truly feel bad for them. They will potentially lose a large chunk of their financial sector and will be screwed with trade. The exit voters can burn in hell.

Well thanks to the British voters who tanked our textile industry by voting to leave. It's not a doomsday scenario but our economy was recovering well from the recession, partly due to a recent tax shift as well. Now it's taking major losses in the textile, steel and food industry thanks to the UK.

And that was a mutually beneficial relationship too, the UK is hurting their own economy as well with this decision.

This dude Trump thinking that Scotland voted to leave...

And people trust this man to handle foreign affairs? :rofl:
He doesn't even know basic knowledge about major foreign countries. First he calls Belgium a city, now he thinks Scotland voted to leave :rofl:

Scotlands own leader just announced that she's already in the process of organizing a 2nd independence referendum as well as doing everything possible to stay in the EU like the majority of them voted for. There's also an increasing amount of calls for a United Ireland now,looks like England's gonna be going at it alone for now...

Last edited:
Scotlands own leader just announced that she's already in the process of organizing a 2nd independence referendum as well as doing everything possible to stay in the EU like the majority of them voted for. There's also an increasing amount of calls for a United Ireland now,looks like England's gonna be going at it alone for now...
They still have Wales. 
nerd.gif

I knew the immigration would cause some drastic changes, I didn't know it would be this drastic :lol:

It was bound to happen. people seemed to vote the way they did because they perceive that their culture is being marginilized and they are being financially hurt so rich elites can have cheap labor and a sense of moral superiority. The common people from the bigger countris also felt like they were getting stuck with the bill to save other countries (like greece) and were fed up

I'm very curious to see what happens in germany next.

This is a push back against the elite's push of globalism. Nationalism can be great i just hope it doesn't go too far which can easily happen.

Im not versed on all this stuff, but how this affect us? I know with globalization, the destabilization of currency such as the euro can have a ripple affect but will it at this point?

Real talk. Does this mean things on End, offspring, and the other Uk sites are cheaper?
roll.gif

The first thing I did was check END.  They don't let U.S. customers checkout via their UK website, so we're stuck paying U.S. dollars.  Sucks b/c after the VAT discount, prices would be about $15 cheaper per shoe if you could buy through their UK-based site.  Oh well.  
Hanon should work though.  

The independence vote is making people reconsider a lot of things while the momentum is there.

Scottish referendum is definitely around the corner. Those who voted remain last time voted largely on the strength of the EU. That vote was close enough that this could swing it in the opposite direction.

United Ireland. Sinn Fein was already on this the minute Leave victory was likely.  Northern Ireland voted remain 55% in favor so that's an opening Ireland can take advantage of.

Spain retrying the Gibraltar thing again.

Who knows what we might see in the coming weeks.

Are Jaguars and Land/Range Rovers manufactured in the UK? How would leaving the EU affect production and US sales?

When did England become Germany? :lol:

Just spitballing right now,but I wonder how much of a factor the fact that Germany and France are the 2 most influential and powerful countries in the EU and in European affairs,had in pushing this Brexit vote? The older voters I'm sure must still be nostalgic about the days of the Empire and are probably salty about their current position in the global orde :lol:

Last edited:

That's the most exciting part IMO.
reason why I'm glued to what's going on right now.

I work in the finance industry in Toronto and I'm finding this all so fascinating. 

And of course crazy... because of the uncertainties of what's going on. short-term and long-term.

Back
Top Bottom