BROOKLYN NETS Off-Season Thread - Welcome KG P2 and Jet

We had some solid runs there in the 4th, but we weren't able to get enough stops down the stretch. Loved the energy from Wallace, though.

Glad Avery let MarShon play through those mistakes... I know we're looking for defense out there, but I'd still like to see him get more minutes. He's too good of a player to be lost in the rotation.

Lopez practiced today
pimp.gif
Well that's good.  He went from being out for ONLY 2 games to missing 2 weeks pretty much. He will be needed for the big game tomorrow night.

He's a game time decision. And you ain't lyin' either, seems like they need him more than air and water lol

Last edited:
I never was, and never will be in favor of an offensive player forcing contact and getting a foul.

Anyway, we've now lost 5 straight.

Funny how Ian & Jim were talking about Kidd playing for the Knicks & how it could be wierd for Nets fans & then he goes ahead & hits that shot :lol: :smh:

We had 2 good looks at the end though, just couldn't deliver.

Avery better be on the hot seat after this season. The roster isn't perfect , but I have serious doubts about him being the right man for the job.

Avery better be on the hot seat after this season. The roster isn't perfect , but I have serious doubts about him being the right man for the job.

Nawwww, i actually think Avery is a good coach, Nets lack a bench

Deron's wrist is worst than he is leading everyone.

Didn't he say he'd need surgery after the season?

What's up with Joe Johnson though? If I was a Nets fan, I'd be more worried about Joe Johnson. Dude just doesn't seem like the same player we saw in Atlanta.

Last edited:
He is. Joe Johnson just isn't that good.

I'm not trolling, he just never seemed like a guy who could carry a team for stretches. I thought he'd flourish being the second option to Deron, but no such luck so far. Part of that has to do with Deron not playing so well this year, too.

To be honest, im not too worried about Joe Johnson. He definitely hasn't been consistent up until this point in the season, there's no denying that, but its still early. I think him & DWill (as mentioned that he hasn't been playing well lately), just need to get their chemistry going & its gonna take time. He's playing a different role now with a lot less iso moments (they're still there, but the offense isn't centered around him being the #1 option like in Atlanta anymore). He's gotta find a way to get his with DWill getting shots up, Wallace, Brook, etc. so I think its still gonna take some time. Im trying to be optmisitc :lol: Going into this season though I expected the whole team to need time with getting chemistry going.

That's also the reason why I think Avery shouldn't be on the hot seat just yet either ( Especially since he was coach of the month just recently :lol: ). Brook has been out the last couple games & even though Blatche has filled in nicely, the team is gonna take a hit with one of their main options out. Personally, I'd give Avery some freedom, but I'd base his future on what happens at the end of the season & in the playoffs. That's when I think the pressure should rightfully be on him.

Last edited:
We struggled offensively in that 2 half (& to start off that 2nd OT), but Brooklyn made some big plays to stay in it. Wallace came up big countless times.

Nice move & big finish by JJ at the buzzer :nthat:

It looked like fatigue caught up with them... They gave it away down the stretch with Chicago going on that run.

Brook looked good out there though, especially playing a back to back coming back from his injury.

Back
Top Bottom