BROOKLYN NETS Off-Season Thread - Welcome KG P2 and Jet

Remember krazy, not fired, he was not retained. Huge difference. his contract was up this season with Avery's. those who said fired were completely wrong. Makes a huge difference if he is retained as an assistant by the next coaching staff. (He will most likely not be but it is still an open door just in case.)

Rotations killed P.J. No reason not to try to have Hump or Brooks on the floor late in the season or the Playoffs when the team struggled. The team also thrived with Blatche and Lopez together on the floor.

Look for coaches like Brian Shaw for example be the top candidate. Phil Jackson, both Van Gundy's will be mentioned, but I think they want a top assistant coach to take the head coaching reign.

PJC was hands down the worst coach in the playoffs and a terrible coach throughout the regular season. We got to the playoffs because we have an elite PG, a top 5 center and a damn good SG. There's a reason he was fired less than 24 hours after losing. This was a done deal based on his performance throughout the season, his constant lying to the media, his inability to develop the youngsters - basically, PJC is a coach who's coaching like it's still the mid-90s. No surprise he got destroyed by a coach who's led a revolution in the NBA.
what do u mean by that last sentence of yours? the wording is a little confusing.

Once again everyone hatingon carlesimo. He did some good things for the nets, he fixed u the rotation for the nets, they were trying to inject too many players in the game who didnt really fit, he shortened that by playing only 10 guys and inserting evans in the starting lineup instead of humphries, which was a great decision.

what do u mean by that last sentence of yours? the wording is a little confusing.

Once again everyone hatingon carlesimo. He did some good things for the nets, he fixed u the rotation for the nets, they were trying to inject too many players in the game who didnt really fit, he shortened that by playing only 10 guys and inserting evans in the starting lineup instead of humphries, which was a great decision.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id...trategy-forcing-coaches-rethink-their-offense

Thibodeau's aggressive defensive style has forced NBA teams to change the way they play offense. NBA teams take advantage of zone rules more than ever and putting Reggie Evans/Gerald Wallace in the starting lineup is a recipe for disaster. It's ironic that Thibodeau, who has led this little "evolution" in the NBA, thoroughly outcoached PJC in the first round, a guy who has not realized that NBA offense has changed since the 90s.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id...trategy-forcing-coaches-rethink-their-offense

Thibodeau's aggressive defensive style has forced NBA teams to change the way they play offense. NBA teams take advantage of zone rules more than ever and putting Reggie Evans/Gerald Wallace in the starting lineup is a recipe for disaster. It's ironic that Thibodeau, who has led this little "evolution" in the NBA, thoroughly outcoached PJC in the first round, a guy who has not realized that NBA offense has changed since the 90s.
i thought u were comparing him to avery johnson lol. Chances are some team id going to take Carlesimo because he did lead the nets to a 49-33 rec and almost came back against the bulls (the fact that they were even in that situation is a different story lol)

I think the Nets need to seek new options for the SG spot. I know in the league, we have this erroneous ideology that because a guy makes more than 10 mil, he has to have a vital role on the Team. I'm not saying Joey has to leave, but his game isn't tailor made to play alongside D Will for extended minutes. The difference between winning 6 games and possibly making a serious playoff runs starts with either trading Joe (which, I don't know how they can do that) , or having him run six man. 

A list of names that are being thrown around -

Phil Jackson (Still unlikely, but Prok is directing all his attention to him first)

Jerry Sloan (Said he would listen if the Nets called)

Brian Shaw

Doc Rivers (Long shot, a lot of complications in the way for this to get done)

Larry Brown (The main reason PJ wasn't brought back was because of rotations & the lack of development for the young players. I never was a big fan of Larry Brown's rotations with young players back when he coached in the league).

Nate McMillan

Names rumored, but then were taken out of consideration -

Mike Dunleavy Sr

The Van Gundy's

Phil Jackson out... He told the team today he's still not interested in a coaching position, but instead a front office job.

Add Scott Skiles to the list though... A coach I wouldn't mind taking over the team :nerd: The Nets lacked heart & toughness at many points throughout the seaosn & playoffs & I think he could help that issue.

Kidd as coach huh? He can thank mark Jackson for paving the way for coaches with no coaching experience.

Deron Williams: Nets Take 'Risk' Hiring Jason Kidd, 'Nobody Knows' How He'll Do

Deron Williams has Jason Kidd's back, but he also understands the Brooklyn Nets could have made a mistake.

Brooklyn hired Kidd to replace P.J. Carlesimo as head coach even though the future Hall of Fame point guard had been retired for less than two weeks and has no prior coaching experience. Remember, being considered a coach among players for nearly two decades doesn't count.

Lost on no one are the potential perils in hiring a coaching neophyte like Kidd. Even the Nets, who obviously see something in Kidd, cannot say with absolute certainty that he'll be successful, former Olympics teammate and current friend Deron Williams included.

“Nobody knows if he’s going to be a great coach,” Williams told Stefan Bondy of the New York Daily News. “It’s going to take him a couple years to adjust. But at the same time, he could be a great coach off the bat."

Indeed he could. There is also the potential for him to crash and burn.

Kidd hasn't been new to anything pertaining to basketball in quite some time. Official coaching is uncharted waters for him. Guiding players that he used to call peers puts him in unknown territory.

Of course his hire was a gamble.

But if you ask Williams, he believes it's a risk worth taking.

“It’s a risk, but I think it’s somebody we can grow with," Williams said. "I think it’s somebody we’re definitely going to respect and listen to. And I’m excited about the ways he’s going to help me as a player and a leader.”

One of the biggest questions Kidd will face in his first year (few years?) at the helm is how players he used to call teammates and/or opponents respond to his instruction.

Williams' support is a step in the right direction, but we won't really know how receptive the Nets are collectively to Kidd's instruction until the season starts and they face their first crisis.

The former point man (wow, it feels weird to type that) isn't used to sitting in this type of hot seat on this side of the spectrum.

Once the going gets tough, blame will fall upon his shoulders. He's the coach now; it's his job to motivate his players to win. The moment Brooklyn stops winning or incurs an extended stretch of adversity is when we'll see how good a fit Kidd truly is for the Nets.

“I think he’s been the leader everywhere he has gone," Williams explained. "He kind of changed the culture everywhere he went and won. So that’s what we need.”

Only time, wins, losses and the rest of the Nets' capacity to buy into Kidd as an authority figure will tell if Williams is right.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...sk-hiring-jason-kidd-nobody-knows-how-hell-do

Why am I imagining Kidd as Jackie Moon with a jersey on under his suit! LOL Good luck to him is all I can say.

Cool to see J Kidd back with the Nets :nthat:

The fact that he has no coaching experience still scares me, but whats done is done. Looking forward to seeing who we get on the bench for the rest of the coaching staff :nerd:

Source: Frank joins Kidd's Nets staff

Lawrence Frank has decided to join Jason Kidd's staff with the Brooklyn Nets as his lead assistant coach, a league source told ESPNNewYork.com.

Frank, who coached Kidd during most of his tenure as the Nets' head coach from 2003-04 to 2009-10, is a vital piece for Kidd's coaching staff. It was important that Kidd get an experienced assistant to help him make the transition from player to head coach. Kidd had been actively recruiting Frank to be his lead assistant and is continuing to build his staff in Brooklyn.

A source confirmed the Nets also added Roy Rogers and Eric Hughes to Kidd's coaching staff. The New York Daily News first reported Hughes' hiring.

Frank reunites with Kidd and the Nets after serving as Detroit's head coach last season. He returns to an organization that he helped lead to four consecutive postseason appearances from 2004-07. He was 225-241 (.483) during the regular season with the Nets and is the franchise's all-time leader in NBA coaching victories.

ESPN

Not feeling that trade. Never liked Garnett or terry, especially terry smh. It seems like no one likes that dude

Back
Top Bottom