Bruh, I dont think im ever getting married

I'm just trying to prevent a ***** from ******* my life up...

That **** is dead.

It's already too much out here to doge as it is; when you're in a marriage, the wife holds all of the cards...
mean.gif

She can fold at any moment. 

Women have been getting over on dudes for too many years, and we've all seen a male family member castrated by some chick...
mean.gif

I'm just aiming to add to my body count. But never committing. Is it worth spending 20 years with a chick, and she turns around to initiate a divorce out of mere boredom? 

That's how it is now, that's how it always be...

Last edited:
People often want what they don't have. Some folks will tap out at the first signs of trouble because they think the grass is greener elsewhere. They go elsewhere and realize that it's all grass. Let me tell you guys something. The older it gets, the harder it gets. It's like the clock in females heads start getting louder and louder as the years go by. The chick that used to be cool with you coming through and smashing whenever when you are in your early 20s starts acting differently when she gets in her late 20s. By the time you get to your 30s, if you choose to date women in their 30s, watch and see how things change. You go out on two dates and the girl wants to know what it means. You hit and all of a sudden you're in a relationship. As you creep up in age, you will realize you're dealing with more and more remnants of failed relationships....be it children, attitudes, lack of trust....etc. The talent pool starts to shrink too.

Now...you could get around ALL of that by just continuing to date younger women
laugh.gif
so much truth to this man. dudes think they'll just be able to "date around" well into their late 30's and 40's...

you can't force your philosophy onto biology, add to the fact that women are generally fickle and indecisive about their expectations, girls want to settle down for a reason...in a lot of cases they don't know what that reason is; do with that information what you will.

Last edited:
You love what you do for work?

I'm in sales. I've done it since I was 18. I feel like it's a part of me because my dad was in sales and drilled it into me ever since I was a kid. I like it, but I don't love it.

My passion is art. I was an artist before my divorce. I was an art coordinator professionally. Even in my down time, I did art, but the stress and drama led me to some bad career moves.

Long story short, I'm working on my art again and am going to be my own boss. It won't happen overnight, but I made a promise to myself, my kids and my gf that I'm going to do what makes me happy.

dudes think they'll just be able to "date around" well into their late 30's and 40's...

I don't think that. I'm done dating. I have a serious gf who is my partner. She's a part of my kids' lives and things are very serious between us, but we're in no rush to repeat the past. We have both been married and divorced. She has no kids and things are fine how they are. I'm not that dusty old dude hitting up clubs and lurking dating sites. :lol:

I had my fun with the single life and I don't miss it at all.

Last edited:
You love what you do for work?

I'm in sales. I've done it since I was 18. I feel like it's a part of me because my dad was in sales and drilled it into me ever since I was a kid. I like it, but I don't love it.

My passion is art. I was an artist before my divorce. I was an art coordinator professionally. Even in my down time, I did art, but the stress and drama led me to some bad career moves.

Long story short, I'm working on my art again and am going to be my own boss. It won't happen overnight, but I made a promise to myself, my kids and my gf that I'm going to do what makes me happy.

dudes think they'll just be able to "date around" well into their late 30's and 40's...

I don't think that. I'm done dating. I have a serious gf who is my partner. She's a part of my kids' lives and things are very serious between us, but we're in no rush to repeat the past. We have both been married and divorced. She has no kids and things are fine how they are. I'm not that dusty old dude hitting up clubs and lurking dating sites. :lol:

I had my fun with the single life and I don't miss it at all.
I wish you nothing but the best big homie :pimp: :pimp:

Glad to hear that you're working On you man and are currently with someone you can be with.But if you don't mind me asking, do you feel that your earlier career issues where a contributing factor to you and your ex's seperation?

Glad to hear that you're working On you man and are currently with someone you can be with. But if you don't mind me asking, do you feel that your earlier career issues where a contributing factor to you and your ex's seperation?

Yes. Absolutely. I'm not going to pretend that I was a perfect husband. Back then I was more into myself and mostly on my own page. We never had a plan of how to get to where we wanted to be. She wanted different things for me than I wanted for myself. She was not big into taking risks and I was all about taking risks.

We both made poor decisions toward the end of the relationship and things got ugly.

[thread="620529"]
[CONTENTEMBED=/t/620529/bruh-i-dont-think-im-ever-getting-married/360#post_22825700 layout=inline]so much truth to this man. dudes think they'll just be able to "date around" well into their late 30's and 40's...
[/thread]
[thread="620529"] [/thread]

[/CONTENTEMBED]
[thread="620529"]You said it as if 30s and 40s are old. You know how many dudes of that age, TODAY, do that?[/thread]
Dude sounds like he's getting married just because he scared to date.

Ehhh,, the older you get the more narrow your options are for sure. That's just natural. You work a 9-5, unless your office is poppin like that you really have to go out of your way to make something happen.

Now I'm not saying marry early just cus either

Last edited:
^ But there are still a number of 30/40 folks that just date. To insinuate that it is impossible that will happen is wild. It happens. 

Yes it's possible. Things are very different at that age though. You'll have the people desperate to marry and then you'll have the people who have given up.

Impossible? No, but it's not the same as when you're younger for sure. Just a whole different mentality, situation, ect..

Last edited:
You just need to get into swinging and ****olding once you get into your 40's..... Ain't no thang.

^ But there are still a number of 30/40 folks that just date. To insinuate that it is impossible that will happen is wild. It happens. 

What he was saying was it's way more baggage with the other person the older you get. In your 20's to mid 30's it's almost fair game what you will and won't put up with. I know when I turn 40 I'm not trying to be dating somebody who has multiple kids or grandkids that have not ties to me.

Last edited:
Oh I understand that. But that brings me back to one of my original points.

Many get married because they don't think they can do better. Not because they WANT to

only couples that give a glimmer of hope of marriage is my parents and my sis and her husband. other than that, don't believe I'll get hitched anytime soon.

Hence why I said it's tricky and people just shouldn't get married for the sake of getting married, additionally you're playing yourself if you think that dating is gonna be the same when you're 35+, let alone 40, or eem 50.

If you find a young Thang at that age good on you but it ain't gonna be the same game.

Very few people prefer being single, very few...
I wouldn't say that, most people I know hate compromise and when you're not single we know you're going to have to compromise to some varying degree depending on who is the more dominant side

People are insecure and it's normal.  Everyone of us have some insecurities.  But it's disgusting when the 'culture' is all about 'quitting', 'fleeing', & 'exiting'.  It's not OKAY to be takers of Sloppy Joes.

Back
Top Bottom