BUILD YOUR OWN PC thread: w/ Video Tutorials (Vol. Post Your Setups)

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I was extra nervous and careful on my first build, I heard too many stories from other people.
Dude seemed mad excited though so you never know...

Originally Posted by sole vintage

Originally Posted by SuprDuperFly

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

I built everything today, power turns on, motherboard lights up, video card lights up etc...

for some reason no matter what I do (whether I adjust the jumper pins, press f8 or delete at startup, the motherboard cant loadup the BIOS.

I tried it once disconnecting the HDD and it went to the BIOS, so i clicked save/exit and it keeps going to a blank black screen.

Out of the dozens of times, it asked me that it needs a startup device so I put a random windows installation CD and it started to try to install, but I shut it
down because it obviously wont save without a HDD connected.

Asus just told me to exchange the motherboard, I hope I dont have to take the long trip to the store again (maybe someone can help)?
did you ground yourself..
good question.....
you think he could of shocked the motherboard
either that or the memory sticks

lol @ doing the diddy bop.

i put in all the cd roms, ram, processor, followed by motherboard
and power connections. Everything lights up and the PC turns on
and even loads up a program called Express, which allows you to browse
the internet.....but when i choose run os or start Bios it goes to a
black screen (no beeps or anything).

Did you go in and set the CD-Rom as the 1st bootable device so it will load the Windows disc? If this hasn't been set, it won't load anything.

Instead of F8, have you tried Esc or F12?

Originally Posted by SuprDuperFly

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I was extra nervous and careful on my first build, I heard too many stories from other people.
Dude seemed mad excited though so you never know...

Lol I remember I stood on the anti static bag that came with the motherboard.

only thing i tried was DEL or F8, not ESC or F12.

and how do you set the cd rom as the first bootable device?
i cant even access anything when i turn the power on
sick.gif

i already re-packaged the motherboard so Im gonna go exchange
it for a new one and try again later.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

only thing i tried was DEL or F8, not ESC or F12.

and how do you set the cd rom as the first bootable device?
i cant even access anything when i turn the power on
sick.gif

i already re-packaged the motherboard so Im gonna go exchange
it for a new one and try again later.
I mentioned the CD-Rom because that was the 1 mistake I made when I built my 1st PC. I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong and it wasas simple as a couple keystrokes. Mine was also just loading a black screen because the HD was set as the 1st device and nothing was on it...

As far as the Esc and F12, it all depends on the MB. Different MB's have different commands to enter setup/BIOS/boot menu...

when you start the install again, only install 1 stick of ram, 1 hd, and don't install the video card. do all of that once it's up and running.

also, since you took the cpu/heatsink off, pick up a tube of thermal paste since you'll to put on a new layer. take off the existing paste with alcohol.

9032_583397594644_26300404_34325473_4368920_n.jpg

2wdr2pv.jpg

No spots around me had a tower that I wanted so I ended up buying this for cheap......pretty solid and fans are very quiet. Space is a little tight though.

But on a side note:

a) I noticed that the PCU only read 4gb of RAM as opposed to 6gb....found it one of the memory slots won't read my ram. I have 8 slots so I'm not goingto stress it.

b) I try to connect my external HD through the eSata connection (either through the front or the back) and the PC does not recognize the device. As soon as Iconnect through Firewire or USB 2.0, it recognizes the drive right away. Any suggestions?
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom