Bulls offseason Thread

While Stats career may not be over that is still not enough production to validate his contract. I'll say the same for Booz.

I'll have to agree with illmatic. While we may not have the best FO, they've done a decent job of putting a solid group out there the last couple of years without Rose. It's just hard when expectations are soo high.

The only thing I want the FO to do is trade/swap some of these draft picks/players to position ourselves better for a lotto pick.

this is dope

http://www.behance.net/gallery/NBA-To-Football-Redesigned/13314983

It's a lot of talent in this draft...

I'll just name a GOOD 10 in no order:

Embied
Bari
Wiggins
Smart
Randle
Exum
LaVine
Gordon
G. Harris
A. Payne

I'm good with anyone on that list minus Aaron Gordon and ehhh at G.Harris

Eric Gordon being shopped

Exact opposite of whats needed for this team right now. Our mission should be moving MDJ, Kirk, and Boozer.

Try and pry a first from Phoenix (for booze), We should get some sort of firsts for Kirk and MDJ from a contender. Then concentrate on offseason moves to reload.

Last edited:
Exact opposite of whats needed for this team right now. Our mission should be moving MDJ, Kirk, and Boozer.

Try and pry a first from Phoenix (for booze), We should get some sort of firsts for Kirk and MDJ from a contender. Then concentrate on offseason moves to reload.

Any team who's seen Kirk play will not be giving us a first rounder :lol:

seriously what are you saying right now if you think ppl are giving up first round picks for any of them.

It's a lot of talent in this draft...

I'll just name a GOOD 10 in no order:

Embied
Bari
Wiggins
Smart
Randle
Exum
LaVine
Gordon
G. Harris
A. Payne

I'm good with anyone on that list minus Aaron Gordon and ehhh at G.Harris

Im with you on Harris, im passing on him unless he drops in the 20's which he probably wont

While Stats career may not be over that is still not enough production to validate his contract. I'll say the same for Booz.

I'll have to agree with illmatic. While we may not have the best FO, they've done a decent job of putting a solid group out there the last couple of years without Rose. It's just hard when expectations are soo high.

The only thing I want the FO to do is trade/swap some of these draft picks/players to position ourselves better for a lotto pick.

It isn't GarPax's fault they weren't able to sway Bron/Wade/Bosh...hell from a neutral standpoint I would probably choose Miami because of the weather and lack of state taxes. They had the free will to pick and choose where they wanted to play. They've had some blunders, like the whole Asik thing and the spinal tap with Deng, but come on. What player wouldn't want to play for the 3rd largest market in the country with a great fanbase, a top 5 coach, and Derrick Rose? Granted, we don't know how Rose will be after the two major injuries but a Rose/Noah/Butler trio is nothing to glance over.

That's why Reggie should have kept his mouth shut. After the whole fiasco last year with Rose missing the season, doesn't make sense to me to throw the FO under the bus for not acquiring more talent around Rose then Derrick comes back and says he doesn't want to rebuild nor recruit. Is it GarPax's job to reel in the second star? Yes, but if Rose isn't willing to recruit it's going to make their jobs harder than it should be.

A lot of the reason we're in this mess is because of Rose. From the ACL controversy/PR screw up to not wanting to recruit to his idiot brother, it's just stupid for him to say anything regarding the matter. It isn't Reggie's job to complain to the FO then have Derrick say he doesn't want to rebuild. Rose isn't the entire team and he shouldn't have to feel entitled like he is. That's the truth of the matter.

Last edited:
Bulls keep finding ways to win even im starting to believe Thibs can really coach anyone.

Not sure why all of sudden Eric Gordon is called a bad pickup not too long ago in this thread the idea was considered a good one. Forever they spoke of moving jimmy to his natural position of 3. If you keep up with Eric Gordon he getting healthy and dont be fooled he wants out badly and unfortunately he the type to not play all out when he not happy. Put him on a bulls squad he avg over 20 a game, and thibs will of course bring his defense along.

Now if your reason is his contract then yea thats another story.

Bulls keep finding ways to win even im starting to believe Thibs can really coach anyone.

Not sure why all of sudden Eric Gordon is called a bad pickup not too long ago in this thread the idea was considered a good one. Forever they spoke of moving jimmy to his natural position of 3. If you keep up with Eric Gordon he getting healthy and dont be fooled he wants out badly and unfortunately he the type to not play all out when he not happy. Put him on a bulls squad he avg over 20 a game, and thibs will of course bring his defense along.

Now if your reason is his contract then yea thats another story.
It was considered a good pick up at the time when we had Deng. Now we dont and if they are trading for him, imagine what chicago will have to give up to get him.

Last edited:
It was considered a good pick up at the time when we had Deng. Now we dont and if they are trading for him, imagine what chicago will have to give up to get him.

When we were discussing the Gordon trade earlier in the season who exactly did you think we were gonna trade Gordon for ..... Deng

We known for a while this could possibly go down

At this point I'm looking to get back proven talent that we have a real shot at. That whole melo Kevin love Aldridge stuff from what I read is not even an option money wise even with boozer amnestied

When we were discussing the Gordon trade earlier in the season who exactly did you think we were gonna trade Gordon for ..... Deng

We known for a while this could possibly go down

At this point I'm looking to get back proven talent that we have a real shot at. That whole melo Kevin love Aldridge stuff from what I read is not even an option money wise even with boozer amnestied
Im talking now. Who are we gonna give up NOW? Deng isn't here to be traded. So who are we gonna give up for him ? The roster itself is already thin. We are gonna trade butler and maybe someone else for him ? Then play with a even weaker/depleted roster ?

Im talking now. Who are we gonna give up NOW? Deng isn't here to be traded. So who are we gonna give up for him ? The roster itself is already thin. We are gonna trade butler and maybe someone else for him ? Then play with a even weaker/depleted roster ?

Actually the pelicans are more like bulls in this situation with deng. Give up boozer who we all know is soon to be gone and picks...

We got what we got for deng because the league knew we were weak same as the league knows how bad Gordon wants out the coach doesn't get a long with him and they have a logged jam guard rotation .... There not gonna get equal value for Gordon

You guys have to consider the idea that if you trade for a player like Waiters or Gordon, you are giving up the chance to go after someone else.

In your list of NBA 2 guards where exactly is Gordon? Probably not worth the money he is getting. You can talk about motivation, but I want a guy who can still put up numbers even if he isn't 100% into it.

Minnesota is staring at another .500 season and I can only hope that all this makes Rose wake up and talk to his guy K. Love. If he cries hard enough you still have the opportunity to move Boozer for him in a cash for cash deal. You are then still strapped when it comes to the cap. Hopefully you can draft a 2 guard and get that production.

With Rose and Noah making bank you only have room to add maybe one more piece and having Love and Noah with Gibson coming in off the bench you have an incredibly strong front line. You can then count on having some cash to sign Jimmy and you will have to hope for rookie production at the 2.

The way the cap is now all these draft picks will be a good thing. You can try and find that 2 guard who won't be a world beater, but give you good production at a rookie rate. That is the way you have to win nowadays.

For all the hate for the Heat I have to give those three fools credit. They all took less to fit themselves under the cap. Of course no state income tax in florida helps offset the lost money, but they wanted to win and took less to do it.

It isn't GarPax's fault they weren't able to sway Bron/Wade/Bosh...hell from a neutral standpoint I would probably choose Miami because of the weather and lack of state taxes. They had the free will to pick and choose where they wanted to play. They've had some blunders, like the whole Asik thing and the spinal tap with Deng, but come on. What player wouldn't want to play for the 3rd largest market in the country with a great fanbase, a top 5 coach, and Derrick Rose? Granted, we don't know how Rose will be after the two major injuries but a Rose/Noah/Butler trio is nothing to glance over.

That's why Reggie should have kept his mouth shut. After the whole fiasco last year with Rose missing the season, doesn't make sense to me to throw the FO under the bus for not acquiring more talent around Rose then Derrick comes back and says he doesn't want to rebuild nor recruit. Is it GarPax's job to reel in the second star? Yes, but if Rose isn't willing to recruit it's going to make their jobs harder than it should be.

A lot of the reason we're in this mess is because of Rose. From the ACL controversy/PR screw up to not wanting to recruit to his idiot brother, it's just stupid for him to say anything regarding the matter. It isn't Reggie's job to complain to the FO then have Derrick say he doesn't want to rebuild. Rose isn't the entire team and he shouldn't have to feel entitled like he is. That's the truth of the matter.

Technically the 4th, since LA now has two decent teams.

Aside from the clippers, the fan base is great for the Knicks and Lakers.

The coach might actually be a negative. The guy kills his players and sometimes as guys age they don't want to play for a guy that will be on them non-stop and run them into the ground during the regular season.

D. Rose is no longer an attractive option and probably never was. He dominates the ball and is now an injury risk. Who wants to come play with a guy who might not be on the court all the time.

Not trying to pick on you, but we all need to realize that the pluses we all perceived for the Bulls probably aren't that attractive after all.

seriously what are you saying right now if you think ppl are giving up first round picks for any of them.

the bulls are already out of the luxury tax hold is what you dont understand. there is no incentive to trade any of these players. so the teams that want these players will have to overpay in order to get em. kirk and mdj are certainly worth picks in the late 20's respectively. the question though is about phx or any team giving one up for boozers contract.

the bulls are already out of the luxury tax hold is what you dont understand. there is no incentive to trade any of these players. so the teams that want these players will have to overpay in order to get em. kirk and mdj are certainly worth picks in the late 20's respectively. the question though is about phx or any team giving one up for boozers contract.

I mean we all got an opinion I don't see any team moving to give up a first rounder in one of the most hyped up drafts in a while. If we can get them great do I see this a likely I doubt it. To say two vets close to making the mle in the second half of there career for a first rounder is likely is hard to fathom

Actually the pelicans are more like bulls in this situation with deng. Give up boozer who we all know is soon to be gone and picks...

We got what we got for deng because the league knew we were weak same as the league knows how bad Gordon wants out the coach doesn't get a long with him and they have a logged jam guard rotation .... There not gonna get equal value for Gordon
Imo his situation is different from Dengs. He has 2 years left on his contract while Deng has half a season left.

The bulls play with too much heart, even if we dont have the talent... mess around and end up in the second round... smh rofl

Back
Top Bottom