Bulls offseason Thread

All these 1st round picks are nice but remember Houston awhile back? I think they has 4 first rounders and had an incredibly hard time turning them I to anything.

All these 1st round picks are nice but remember Houston awhile back? I think they has 4 first rounders and had an incredibly hard time turning them I to anything.

Ummm....we dont have all the first round picks you think we do....the picks we got for Deng, that belonged to Sacramento will become 2nd round picks in two years....no way in hell the Kings make the playoffs any time soon. And we keep winning games, so our first rounder wont be that good either....basketball hell

I was pointing out that the option of trading for more 1st rounders isn't as cool as people think. It's not the nfl.

Ummm....we dont have all the first round picks you think we do....the picks we got for Deng, that belonged to Sacramento will become 2nd round picks in two years....no way in hell the Kings make the playoffs any time soon. And we keep winning games, so our first rounder wont be that good either....basketball hell
It's actually 4 years. Top 12 protected this year. Top 10 in '15-'17. They just have to become a borderline playoff team. With their new ownership and their trade activity (acquiring Rudy Gay/Derrick Williams), they're clearly trying to get better. We'll get that pick.

They'd better keep DJ for Rose's backup next season.

So Cartier Martin is a 3 and D guy huh?

Great win last night :pimp:

DJ is playing a lot better than i expected. Snell had some impressive plays, glad hes getting more time.

Noah :pimp:

damn Jimmy earned that check last night. 60 minutes Thibbs really? i know Jimmy toe sore than a mug right about now
sick.gif

Thibbs just going to kill this young man. Deng 2.0

Bad team but seeing Oladipo just reminds me of what a top 3 pick could bring. That dream is dead... Oh well.

Snell is showing some good signs :pimp:

I like that he has enough handle to get some separation. His jumper and release looks smooooth...

Hopefully Thibs gives him more of Kirk's minutes at SG.

Thibbs just going to kill this young man. Deng 2.0

Bad team but seeing Oladipo just reminds me of what a top 3 pick could bring. That dream is dead... Oh well.
i agree i like Oladipos game. example of hard work. im not sure how the player feels about playing minutes like that. could be a bad thing or good thing imo. it could sway or deter free agents

It's actually 4 years. Top 12 protected this year. Top 10 in '15-'17. They just have to become a borderline playoff team. With their new ownership and their trade activity (acquiring Rudy Gay/Derrick Williams), they're clearly trying to get better. We'll get that pick.

Exactly.

Joakim Noah has a message for all the Chicago Bulls fans who believe his team should tank games this season to slide all the way into the NBA draft lottery.

"What do I say to those fans?" Noah told ESPNChicago.com after the Bulls' 128-125 triple overtime victory over the Orlando Magic on Wednesday. "I don't say nothing to those fans. It's all good. You're allowed to have your opinion. It's just ... that's not a real fan to me. You know what I'm saying? You want your team to lose? What is that? But it's all good."

Noah, who had 26 points, 19 rebounds and six assists in 49 minutes against the Magic, said tanking is not on the players' minds.

"Do you really think we talk about it?" Noah said. "No way, man. No way. We don't talk about those things. It's like it's so far from our reality. You know what I mean? We play for a coach [Tom Thibodeau] that's ... it's difficult. It's difficult every day. We grind hard every day, and we give it our best effort every day. You know we're playing Orlando, they're down three guys -- we're fighting.

"It's different to have an opinion when you're like watching it from your couch compared to when you're out living it every day."

Bulls forward Taj Gibson wonders what fans would do if they were in the situation the players face.

"Those people, if they were in our shoes, they wouldn't just lose," Gibson said. "The majority of time people just have their opinions and that's fine and dandy, but they're not on the court and they're not giving their heart and soul into this game the way we do. I respect their opinion, but we're not going to do that."

Gibson said the team has begun to view their situation like that of the fictional version of the Cleveland Indians in the movie "Major League." In the movie, the team's owner decides to make the organization as bad as it can possibly be to relocate it. The Bulls' situation is not as dire, but Gibson sees parallels.

"We understand it's kind of like the movie 'Major League,'" Gibson said. "We've got that mentality where we believe in the locker room. We believe in what we think. And we're taking it one game at a time and we're trying to get those wins hopefully to see ... get a good nice poster at the end of the year."

In the movie, the players put together a cutout of the owner's body with the caption: "You guys stink!" After each win they pealed off a section of the cutout.

So who will be on the cutout for the Bulls?

"We haven't figured that out yet," Gibson said with a smile. "But that's kind of the way we're going at it. That's what Joakim started, Joakim said it, and I've just been running with it. Every game is like a test and we're fighting."

Noah declined to talk about the motivational tactic, but Gibson said the already demanding Thibodeau has been motivating his players more than ever to get the most out of them.

"Thibs is, every day he's coming in he's kind of shocked and at the same time he's so proud," Gibson said. "Because he's like, 'I believe in what we have, and I'm so proud of you guys. You already keep shocking me every time you step on the court. And I think we got enough, it's going to be a special year and we've just got to keep digging.' "

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/stor...ah-says-real-fans-not-root-chicago-bulls-tank

Last edited:
well fellas i guess alot of us arent "real" bulls fans per Joakim Noah. idk i want to see our Bulls win just as much as Joakim wants to win but reality is reality this team is not going to win the ship this year so why not try to improve your chances for next season? now before the Rose injury i dont think it was one person in this forum who even thought about the word "tank" except for teams like the Celtics, Suns those were the teams often being referred to as this is a tank season. Sorry Joakim try to stay healthy and get ready for next season brah

Do yall think Thibs might get fired for not tanking and overplaying the starters? Serious question, since the Bulls FO and him already clash together.

The front office doesn't have enough on Thibs to fire him. Just look at what he's done since he came to Chicago.

Imagine the headline of an article in the newspaper saying "Bulls fire Thibs for winning too many games" or "Bulls fire Thibs for not tanking the season" ... :smh:

Im not mad at the comments. Dudes just won a triple OT game and you ask them about tanking. Players are giving it all they got, cant ask them about tanking. I understand their frustration.

If any of us were in that spot i think we would give it our all

Back
Top Bottom